Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, the much anticipated movie with two of the most popular martial art greats is coming out. The plot says that two powerful adversaries, Jackie Chan and Jet Li, must come together in order to defeat a King who posses some.. special powers.

I couldn't really care less about the plot, because there is going to be a fight between Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

I can't wait to watch it, it was released yesterday.

Here's a link to the official site: http://www.forbiddenkingdommovie.com/ There you will find a trailers, as well as showtimes.

I've read quite a number of reviews, and they all agree.. It's bigger and better than anything both of them have ever done, as well as.. any of the other 'vs' movies that have come out. Like AvP or.. the possibity of Superman vs Batman.

Anybody else planning on watching this movie?

·
Master Debater
20,721 Posts
Not a big fan of these types of movies. Horrible plots and even worse dialogue.

All the fighting and what not can be cool but never makes up for the lack of depth in the movie. The movie industry has really gone toward style over substance in the past 10 years. Cool fights and explosions yet nothing else.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
I'm going to watch it purely because of Yifei Liu...Oh and that Jackie Chan and Jet Li bloke as well.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a big fan of these types of movies. Horrible plots and even worse dialogue.

All the fighting and what not can be cool but never makes up for the lack of depth in the movie. The movie industry has really gone toward style over substance in the past 10 years. Cool fights and explosions yet nothing else.

Of course I like watching movies like the pulp fiction, the departed, or the bourne trilogy. Movies with great plots, and even better dialogs. The Departed is a great example, the dialogue was soo good that.. I was able to sit through 2 and half hours... a few times. One of the few movies I could watch over and over again.

However, I've always been into martial art movies.. Ever since I watched the Drunken Master of Jackie Chan, I've been a fan of is. I've seen most of his movies, the guy is a legend. He provides comedy as well as action, which something not a lot of actors are able to do. Jet Li, too, has made some great movies. Even though his movies do not have as much comedy, as do Jackies.. they are just as entertaining. Ever seen the Kiss of the Dragon, or The Unleashed (aka Danny The Dog)? Great movies.

The plots may not always be the best, but you don't really have a lot of choices for plots if you want to make a martial arts movie. The plot is never the reason why you watch them anyway, it's not like they're thrillers. They're action movies, you know what's going to happen. The point of it is enjoyment of the fight scenes, rather than guessing what's going to happen next.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have, but I think that Fearless and even Unleashed were better. Hero just had 1 plot, delivered in three different ways which ends in a complete failure due to some sort of realization. I did like it however, but Hero was.. more artistic, and had considerably less action compared to the ones I've mentioned.

There was also this another Jet Li movie that I thought was simply outstanding. It revolves around the conflict between China and Japan. There was this General, a Samurai, and Li was a master of wushu. Great movie, look it up. It's called The Fist Of Legend. Simply awesome. I would say it's better than the original, which is First of Fury with Bruce Lee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts