Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 7794 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it'd be good to have a thread in here where we can discuss what's going on in the world of football outside of the Camp Nou. Not just to discuss our local rivals, but also the other leagues around Europe, and everywhere else in the world.

Are there many cules here who follow the Premiership? Seems pretty tight at the top at the moment with United on 70 points, Arsenal on 67, and Chelsea on 65. Just eight games to go now. Who do you think will win it? Who do you want to win it?

Inter have a 7 point lead in Serie A, but when it comes to Italy I've always had a soft spot for Roma, so I'm hoping they can close the gap. The problem for them is that they've already played both their league games against Inter, so if anything is going to happen it'll have to all come from other clubs.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Against Portsmouth? Dunno how jealous I am of Tottenham having Bent and O'Hara to be honest :pp
But, yeah, bringing in a couple of players who both score about 10 minutes later always makes a coach look good.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Good thread, Xavinho.

I do follow the Premiership as much as I can, and I love it. I just watched Tottenham take out Portsmouth. Good game, Portsmouth were unlucky with the first goal and the second came just to finish the game off. Ramos is a world class manager, there's no money in the world I wouldn't give to have him with us.
As for the winner, I expect and hope it to be United. They have the best team, the best manager and the best form. That team has everything and I can't see them failing. Chelsea are not their best for two seasons now and Arsenal are missing Eduardo too much. When you can't win two games at home against arguably average teams, you know you're very close to losing the title race.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
What a rubbish player Lennon is absolutely no end product what so ever.

Arsenal are missing Eduardo too much
True, and they need to get some better wing players, it's costing them heaps of points especially when Rosicky can't play 2 matches in a row.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
But, yeah, bringing in a couple of players who both score about 10 minutes later always makes a coach look good.
That was what I wanted to say. He can make Edmilson looking good with putting him in appropriate time and appropriate place.

However, great thread. Now there's another place to discuss a very interesting theme without offtopicing in other threads.

I think that other leagues don't look better, but more fair. For the last 3-4 years, FA took some good moves to make the EPL best. Less diving, less percentage of non-football reasons for the final result, refs know the difference between a real foul and a fake one, refs' job depends on their good work and not on how much they lick asses.

Those moves made them have 4 clubs in the best 8 in CL.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Good thread.

I watch the Premiership quite regularly and i'm really looking forward to tomorrow's titans clashes. A shame the Chelsea-Arsenal coincides with Barça's game. Would have liked to watch it too.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
EPL is shown here on a daily basis and I really like it. I have no real preferences when it comes to who I want to win the league though.Well,ManU or Arsenal is ok.:D

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I'd like to watch the PL matches tommorrow, too bad I'm not at home. :(

United-Liverpool will be certainly interesting, Liverpool have picked up some form lately. They have 2 class attacking players in top form with Gerrard and Torres so we'll see how United can cope with them. I'm also keen to see how Ronaldo is going to do as he has never been really decisive in matches against Liverpool.

Chelsea-Arsenal will be rather dull I think. Chelsea play crappy hoofball and Arsenal are in bad form.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Who do ye think will win the Grand Slam Sunday matches tomorrow between Man U-Liverpool & Chelsea-Arsenal?

I wouldn't mind seeing Arsenal win the league just so that Wenger may think about a move to Barca?

Great thread btw.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
so is laughing allowed in this thread??

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
After the Spanish League, the EPL is the one I watch the most. I like Manchester United more than the others but dont really mind who wins it at the end as long as its competitive.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Who do ye think will win the Grand Slam Sunday matches tomorrow between Man U-Liverpool & Chelsea-Arsenal?
Man U will win Liverpool.

Chelsea will draw with Arsenal.
Xavinho, I assume you followed Roma's game today. What do you think of Giovinco?

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Man U will win Liverpool.

Chelsea will draw with Arsenal.
Xavinho, I assume you followed Roma's game today. What do you think of Giovinco?
Giovinco is a class player. On loan from Juve I think. He'd make a great addition to Barca.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Giovinco is a class player. On loan from Juve I think. He'd make a great addition to Barca.
not sure if he'd be a great addition.

You have enough talented players playing for your side, you need to fix up the DM/CB issues (oh and a new RB would do good).

Yea he's Juve's property.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Something I said?
I wasnt refering to your prev comments but that the main rival thread in this forum is a laugh in your in face crapfest.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Of course you can laugh. If you want to laugh at Real Madrid though, you have to post in our beloved RM thread. :thumbsup:
one problem, there hasnt been much laughter in this forum lately :D

1 - 20 of 7794 Posts