Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The WCs over. Lets get back to our beloved topic "the serie A transfer market." ;)

The Transfer season is going in a different way uptill now. we haven't seen any big profile buys or sells. The flavour of the market has been the "SWAP DEALS".

Milan and Inter are in Love.:eekani: :rollani: Oh yes, I am not mad. They have been swaping players, have bought players who are jointly owned by both. Coco (the bastard :finger: ) has fled to Inter and milan have acquired the highly talented yet inconsistent Seedorf from Inter for Coco. Next was Dario Simic for Umit Davala. The turk had a good WC, but he is on loan to Galatasaray. Now Milan have gone and swaped their young Prodigy Donadel in acquiring Sam Dalla Bona. The latest in the market is that Roma have swaped Some unknown defender for Sartor with Parma.

So, all these swap deals are indicitive of something. Either the big clubs are in serious financial trouble (except Juve, I think), that they cannot afford big buys or they are working together to bring the market level down to a more realistic point. If the latter is true, than I am happy for Serie A. :) :cool:

This should have been done much before. What do you guys think?

Ciao

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
The swap deals is no new phenomen. The Italians clubs has been swapping players between them more or less for the last 3-4 years. Not only that, also the managers are being swapped front and back.

Look at Filippo Inzaghi, no matter how hard he tries, he cant get rid of Ancelotti. Frist it was at Parma, then at Juve and now at Milan. bwahaha, and the worse part is, Ancelotti and Inzaghi seemingly doesnt even like eachother :D

This swapping the roosters among them is really pathetic.
And the reason is not to bring the market to a realistic point, its because they really are in financial trouble. The reason being those ridicilous high transfer fees for mediocre players. And paying those same players, who offcourse are only rotting on the bench, a weekly wage that they never deserved to get paid.

But anyway, this ridicilous swapping has to stop, this is whats eating Italian football inside out. This is the main reason why none of the big clubs have had two good seasons in a row for years.

Btw Sebastino Siviglia, who has supposedly been swapped with Sartor of Parma, actually was once a promising youngster at Parma, before he went to Verona and get his big break through.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Sorry Drac

but i think swap deals are a grat way to lower prices, and expenses

also this sint rotting italian football, cause a few clubs trade players

the thing that is rotting calcio is defensive tactics tht now we have hopefully seen the death of.

Lav

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Yes I can see that swapping players is a good way to lower the prices but what I was pointing at was the meaningless swapping of players, just to show the fans that the club is making an effort.
Or because the players are whining about too little first team football, but already knows that the situation wont really change when they arrive at the new club. The Salas/Kovacevic deal is a good example of this.

And also buying the half of a player is something that has been done quite often in Italian football, wich can also be seen as a way to lower the prices. But on the other hand the clubs rather use that as a tactic to swap a bunch of players back and forth just so they can get the player they intended to buy, but couldnt afford because of the ridicilus amount of money his club was asking, so they move around 4-5 players in the process, just to get that big star player. And get this, those 4-5 players that are moved in the process wasnt even playing for the club they were swapped from.

I have nothing against a clean swap where two players that are unhappy at the current club , but what I do not like is the way the bigger clubs are consistently changing their roosters, just to please the demanding fans of the clubs, and to sell jerseys I guess.

I dont have anything against deffensive tactics, because deffending oneself can be so much more then putting 10 men in deffence. Its the way the deffensive tactis are implemented that should be looked upon. The Brazil-England match is a great example of how offence is the best deffence. When Brazil went down to 10 men, most people would expect Rivaldo to be substituted with a deffensive player so Brazil could play with Ronaldo as the only one on top, as he is the one who is an out and out striker. Then Brazil would lay alot lower on the field and, wich they did to. But another thing they did was to take off Ronaldo and not Rivaldo. Why ? because Rivaldo is better with the ball at his feets then Ronaldo. He can keep onto the ball better. Not because he is deffensively stronger, but because he has better technique. So this way Brazil would keep the ball on Englands side of the field. Wich meant that England would have more problems producing attacks then they would if Brazil allowed them to play on Brazils side of the field.

Brazil used Rivaldo to deffend the 2-1 lead. Offcourse there were talks about Ronaldo being injured and all that, but I dont believe in those theories, because Scolari further confirmed my suspicions against Turkey, when he sent in Denilson to deffend the lead at the end of the match.

Imagine Italy sending in Del Piero to deffend a lead, you dont see that happening ? good, thats why Italy is not the World Champions. ;) :D

There is deffence, where you lay low with ten men behind and let the other team produce dangerous chances, and thus taking a bigger chance, and then there is deffence , where you rather use an offensive player to keep the ball on the opposite side of the field, and also keep your deffensive positions.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Perfect analysis, Dracula!

Dracula said:
I dont have anything against deffensive tactics, because deffending oneself can be so much more then putting 10 men in deffence. Its the way the deffensive tactis are implemented that should be looked upon. The Brazil-England match is a great example of how offence is the best deffence. When Brazil went down to 10 men, most people would expect Rivaldo to be substituted with a deffensive player so Brazil could play with Ronaldo as the only one on top, as he is the one who is an out and out striker. Then Brazil would lay alot lower on the field and, wich they did to. But another thing they did was to take off Ronaldo and not Rivaldo. Why ? because Rivaldo is better with the ball at his feets then Ronaldo. He can keep onto the ball better. Not because he is deffensively stronger, but because he has better technique. So this way Brazil would keep the ball on Englands side of the field. Wich meant that England would have more problems producing attacks then they would if Brazil allowed them to play on Brazils side of the field.

Brazil used Rivaldo to deffend the 2-1 lead. Offcourse there were talks about Ronaldo being injured and all that, but I dont believe in those theories, because Scolari further confirmed my suspicions against Turkey, when he sent in Denilson to deffend the lead at the end of the match.

Imagine Italy sending in Del Piero to deffend a lead, you dont see that happening ? good, thats why Italy is not the World Champions. ;) :D

There is deffence, where you lay low with ten men behind and let the other team produce dangerous chances, and thus taking a bigger chance, and then there is deffence , where you rather use an offensive player to keep the ball on the opposite side of the field, and also keep your deffensive positions.
This is absolutely right. When Brazil was down to 10 men against England, Ronaldo was substituted by Edilson, also a striker, also a speedster. Edilson gave us the possibility of counterattacks, and made England stay further back than they would have if Scolari had fielded, say, Vampeta.

Edilson himself said later that he rarely touched the ball on that game, as Campbell and Ferdinand were on him all the time - but hey, who's complaining? ;)

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Dracula, I agree with your sentiments on the swapping.

Over the last 3 to 4 years, Serie A clubs have been recycling has beens rather than buying in new fresh talents. The argument being:

"Its difficult for new talent to do well in SERIE A"

So where did all these new talents go? Answer: Spain, England and Germany. Any coincidence?

It somehow seems impossible now that a Ronaldinho, Figo or Raul would ever come to Serie A. If players like this were as hot as they are now 5 years ago, he would be in one of Serie A's top clubs in a flash!

Also, 5 years ago, these top players would rather play for a Parma, Fiorentina, or Sampdoria rather than an Arsenal or Bayern Munich.

And why? Because the spending frenzy has ended because our clubs have screwed themselves in the foot financialy.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Yeah man, thats exactly what I meant, but not only that, also the managers have been swapped back and forth between the bigger clubs.

Ancelotti went from Parma to Juve to Milan.
Lippi went from Juve to Inter and then back to Juve again.
Zaccheroni went from Milan to Lazio and will probably look for a new employer during the season.
Parma has had a couple of manager changes the last two years only. Inter is a ridiculous case of its own.

These teams have no continutiy whatsover, and then they wonder why they are not succeeding in the European cups :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Altho I think we'd all agree that this transfer season has been a lot slower than recent ones. Everyone's broke. :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
The latest in the market is that Roma have swaped Some unknown defender for Sartor with Parma
Sebastiano Siviglia - unknown? Don't think so, mate.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Artur said:

Sebastiano Siviglia - unknown? Don't think so, mate.
Than fill me on him.:) As far as this guy is concerned, I never heard of him (I think a lot of us have not either).

Ciao

1 - 10 of 10 Posts