Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's talk about everything related to club finance in this thread.

The new figures of the Deloitte Football Money League were announced. For the first time since Calciopoli we are the highest earning Italian Club. A position that we usually held before the scandal.

All figures in €m

1 Real Madrid 401.4
2 Barcelona 365.9
3 Manchester United 327.0
4 Bayern Munich 289.5
5 Arsenal 263.0
6 Chelsea 242.3
7 Liverpool 217.0
8 Juventus 203.2
9 Internazionale 196.5
10 AC Milan 196.5
11 Hamburg 146.7
12 Roma 146.4
13 Lyons 139.6
14 Marseille 133.2
15 Tottenham Hotspur 132.7
16 Schalke 124.5
17 Werder Bremen 114.7
18 Borussia Dortmund 103.5
19 Manchester City 102.2
20 Newcastle United 101.0

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
The Italian clubs are really falling behind the other big teams.

It's understandable for us to be lower down the order given our recent struggles, but it's really quite bad that Inter as a low as they are. Milan as well given their successes in Europe and what not.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
This is the whole sum? From shirt sales to award/price winning money? (for give my ignorance; not good in financial aspects)

I am surprised by Bayern Munich in that case. Must be the new stadium what is always full or something? Chelsea for instance has had a lot more success, on the other hand BM have lost their status in Germany (not dominating the league) and havent really been doing all that well in europe either.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the whole sum? From shirt sales to award/price winning money? (for give my ignorance; not good in financial aspects)

I am surprised by Bayern Munich in that case. Must be the new stadium what is always full or something? Chelsea for instance has had a lot more success, on the other hand BM have lost their status in Germany (not dominating the league) and havent really been doing all that well in europe either.
The detailed report hasn't been released yet, but last year Bayern actually had the highest commercial revenues of all clubs involved. The second team (Real Madrid) were 50m € behind them. They have alot of wealthy relationships with sponsors and partners. And that's even going to increase.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Stadium revenues make a tremendous difference, look at Bayern and Arsenal. German clubs have really capitalized on the new stadiums, they earn even more than the English.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Capacity and income will be improved compared to Olimpico though, and that's what matters today. Good old 69,000 seats Delle Alpi was hardly ever packed. Following the footsteps of history isn't so much about increasing capacity as it is proposing a comfortable seating and welcoming infrastructure for the families, more attractive business seats (makes up for a fair % of the total revenues) and all sorts of stores for the fans. Soon we shall be making much higher dough on matchdays than we ever have. Obviously it won't be enough to be able to play overnight in the same league as the English and German, but at least we'll set an example for the rest of the most retarded country of Western Europe to follow. I believe in the new Delle Alpi.

But with the new stadium must come a new, more attractive brand of football to bring the families back to the stadium.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I always judge the best stadiums as the ones with the best toilet facilities...

Wembley has the most spacious cubicles...I walked into one and thought I was in a disabled toilet or something...:howler:

The Emirates has some really nices touches and finish to everything from...:angel: Upton Park has toilets very similar to what you would find in a school or pub...:drunk: QPR is much the same...:groan:

The toilets at the Delle Alpi was just a hole in the ground LITERALLY...

That being said...the toilets at the Tardini is like a small cupboard...the door is wider then the toilet area...:wth:

Anyways I'll pay a visit to the Juventus Arena once it's opened up to judge their toilet facilities...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
According to Corriere dello Sport yesterday, we will have 80 million euro to buy new players for next season - excluding eventual sales....

If that is true, it will be an interesting Summer indeed.... and a pretty good starting point for whoever takes over from Secco. An important part of the sum is supposed to be the new shirt-sponsor, which is believed to be BetClick.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
It'd be interesting to see the details of that sponsorship. Because, for example, the narrative when Emirates stepped in at Milan was that they now had billions times billions to spend, with the media reporting (and fans relaying verbatim) how much the deal was worth in total, over the duration of the contract. And to be sure, it was a lot of money.

But--but!--broken down anually, it was an increase of 5 or 7 million I think. Not bad, but quite obviously not the kind of monies that allow for extravagant spending sprees, as many hoped/feared.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Its not Al-Qaeda (insert disagreeable organization of your choice).
Who cares who the company is as long as they dump a massive amount of cash?
Well, of course the monetary aspect is the most important thing, but lame sponsors directly impinge upon my desire to buy the kits.

Looks worse than bwin.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Well, of course the monetary aspect is the most important thing, but lame sponsors directly impinge upon my desire to buy the kits.

Looks worse than bwin.
Well.... I believe that its difficult to say anything about how it will look, as I doubt there's a design out for something that hasn't been made official yet. Second, when did we last have a 'cool' sponsorship logo? When are they ever cool? SONY (?), Danone (yoghurt... for realz). Tamoil? FIAT? New Holland. I just don't really get it, but sure... to each their own.

Anyone with photoshop skills can try their hand with it, but I'm not sure I see how this will look worse than anything we've had before (I assume the Easy sport betting part will be removed).

Edit... maybe you already did that photoshop thing, but I cannot see the image you included..

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
According to Corriere dello Sport yesterday, we will have 80 million euro to buy new players for next season - excluding eventual sales....
Where does this money come from?

I don't want to change the subject but what is the difference with Milan? I don't think your revenue is any higher than ours (the difference between the two is probably very small) and as far as I know our wages are also comparable.

So how come Juve will be able to spend that much money while Milan for example will probably once again have to do with 15 million? :moan: (if we sell another star player that is :D )

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Where does this money come from?

I don't want to change the subject but what is the difference with Milan? I don't think your revenue is any higher than ours (the difference between the two is probably very small) and as far as I know our wages are also comparable.

So how come Juve will be able to spend that much money while Milan for example will probably once again have to do with 15 million? :moan: (if we sell another star player that is :D )
Because the board/owners allowed the spending plans when OK'ing the budget (or so the rumour goes, I haven't seen an official announcement). If Berlusconi allows additional spending, Milan can also spend.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
when did we last have a 'cool' sponsorship logo? When are they ever cool? SONY (?), Danone (yoghurt... for realz). Tamoil? FIAT? New Holland. I just don't really get it, but sure... to each their own..
When Juve were sponsored by Ariston?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts