Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The race between AEK and Olympiakos finally comes to an end. Olympiakos, with the slightly better goal difference, have to win at Aris - where they haven't won a championship game since 1988 - while AEK face the tough hurdle of PAOK.

In my opinion, it will more depend on the character of the two Thessaloniki teams than on AEK's and Olympiakos performances.

Who will make it?

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I think its the end for Olympiakos's title streak :neutral:. I think AEK will claim the double (and it will be interesting to see how they go in the CL and if they can do more than the underachieving Pireaus side)

However, another part of me says that Olympiakos will find a way to win the title again

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My heart says TSartas and AEK, my brain says Djordjevic and Olympiakos...

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
I have every confidence we will make it number 6 :cool:

I also will be interested to see how they fare in the CL, history shows they are perrenial underachievers in europe just like us, its PAO that know their way thru europe and have that strong self belief and confidence required to mix it with the big boys.........with us if we dont have the comfort of our 70,000+ fans we quail and play like stunned deer in spotlight

To be honest over the whole of the season AEK have been the better and more consistent side, but our form the past 3 mnths has been far and away better than any other side and our 2 results against the equal top side illustrates the class and superiority we have over them 4-1 and 4-3

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Halftime:
Olympiakos leads 3-0 (Alexandris 2, own goal)
AEK leads 3-0 (Tsartas, Nikolaidis, Lakis).

Right now: 4-0 to AEK, second goal by Nikolaidis. What a fight for the championship - and the best scorer!

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Third goal by Alexandris. Looks like the title goes to the red and whites

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drama! AEK leads 5-0, Liolidis scored a goal for Aris - 1-4!

AEK and Olympiakos are level on goal difference!

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This said, Alexandris makes it 5-1!:eek:

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Voskaridis for PAOK - 5-1.

Congrats to Olympiakos.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Final scores:Aris-Olympiakos : 1-5
AEK-PAOK: 6-2
Iraklis-Panionios: 1-1(93')Until there 0-1.If Panionios won he would go to the UEFA Cup.Iraklis was playing with 9 players for at least the second half!
This means:Olympiakos wins the championship
AEK to the CL
Panathinaikos,Paok,Iraklis,Skoda Xanthi(first time!):UEFA Cup

·
Registered
407 Posts
HAIL TO OLYMPIAKOS! We deserved the title because we where better than any other team.
I am sad for Panionios. I wanted my second love to go to the UEFA cup, but... they where very unlucky.
PANIONARA OLE!

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, that's true. But I am still sad. NEA SMYRNH OLE!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Panionios-Pao 1-0 Nalitzis KYPELLO!!! It was a nice game. I was in the stadium and got crazy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts