Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again we're their :proud: :star: :proud:
It's our 10th :proud:

·
Registered
590 Posts
21 days left and now all it's possible, looks how PSV played today, but a final is a final, and Milan will play at the best form possible.

There are a lot of things to see until this day, so with patience!

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
If the players can't lift themselves out of the utter physical and mental tiredness as shown in the CL SEMI tonight :sob: , Liverpool could prove to be too much for us. :rollani:

After a season of over 50 matches, our team has reached the limit, we need to hold on ourselves and perform to another level in order to clinch the title. All supertitious signs point to Liverpool(Wales rugby team victory, Pope died etc.), however, we are MILAN.:stuckup:

We were 1 goal away from being eliminated, but it would be an entirely different story in Istanbul. If the physical condition of the team only permit us to take care of ONE competition only, I'd take CL over scudetto anyday.

FORZA MILAN:devil:, no matter win or lose:stuckup:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Paratroopa said:
unlike Liverpool this is not our only opportunity to win something this year :rolleyes:

This is actually their ADVANTAGE, a team has to be 200% concentrated in order to win the CL, while we are distracted by Scudetto, Liverpool would be 300% concentrated on CL as they can only win the whole thing or play UEFA next year...

Elephant King said:
After a season of over 50 matches, our team has reached the physical and mental limit, we need to hold on ourselves and perform to another level in order to clinch the title. If the physical condition of the team only permit us to take care of ONE competition only, I'd take CL over scudetto anyday.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
I agree... lets first concentrate on the big match vs Juve... and then not fail the other "small steps", i.e. the remaining league matches.

Then it will be Istanbul ;)

Still being in the position to win both trophies is incredible, esp. considering that this season Serie A looks again to be the by fair most competitive league in Europe.

Amazing performance so far from the boys, now lets harvest the trophies ;)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Good luck Milan.

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
we get over Sunday,then 6 days of rest before Lecce,and 6 more days of rest to Palermo and the we go to Istanbul,ready.

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
This has already been said, it is a big game, Milan who won it 6 times and this is their 10th final appearance vs. Liverpool who we're managed to win it 4 times in the past.

Two clubs with great fans, history and hopes meet for what promises to be a fantastic European night with an amazing atmosphere in Istanbul, where the east meets the west

Congrats. on reaching the final guys and may the best team win on the 25th :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It was a scare today, but we are really good when we play opposition from other country, especially in a CL final!

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
liverpool4ever said:
This has already been said, it is a big game, Milan who won it 6 times and this is their 10th final appearance vs. Liverpool who we're managed to win it 4 times in the past.

Two clubs with great fans, history and hopes meet for what promises to be a fantastic European night with an amazing atmosphere in Istanbul, where the east meets the west

:thmbup:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
liverpool4ever said:

Very fair... belated congrats to u lot, too.

Fan wise, having witnessed the Milan fans in San Siro by myself and having the atmosphere of Anfield Road from yesterdays match still in mind (via TV it was already impressive), I am sure it will be a fantastic match.

Tradition wise, it cannot come much bigger, like u stated.

Now lets just hope the performance on the pitch will be on par with the tradition and the fans. ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
liverpool4ever said:

A old post by Giocurvasud :shades:

" There's a english song, that we currently sing in Curva Sud, which is the Liverpool traditional anthem and it's from 60..It says:

Walk on walk on
with hope in your heart
and you'll never walk alone
you'll never walk alone

There was a guy, in our group (tells the narrator) that had a record with all these songs, and he was froma group which isn't used to use magaphones: the songs in that group starts spontaneously..In this record there was this *You'll never walk alone*, which is a very emotional anthem and we liked that so much that we tried to learn it, but due to our bad knowledge of the language we had to write it down the lyrics ; the guys at the beginning said *welcome* instead of *Walk on*, so we explained the guys what was the meaning of the words until we learnt it.
This song made us famous all over Europe because we sang it when the Liverpool supporters died in Sheffield. It happened by saturday and we had the match against Real Madrid on sunday (that we won 5-1, a truly memorable moment)

We prepared a banner "SHEFFIELD: YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE" and we waited for the minute of silence, and we were prepared to sing the song and put the banner our, but the referee whistled the sudden start of the match. We put out the banner believing it was over but the referee suddenly stops the players and tributes 1 minute of silence in honour of the victims. I (narrator) was there, without even a micro but i standed up on the barrier and we started with this song *You'll never walk alone* without micro. I have the video at home and all the players are there standing up and you see the whole stadium standing up, and clapping.
You can clearly see the referee staring at me because the song can be clearly be heard by the pitch and the whole Curva starts the song with great powerful voice. When i tell this i'm still proud and emotive; on english telly they shooted it for 6 months and we got bags of letters from England: "you're friends of us and you'll be forever"

Tales from Brigate Rossonere

http://www.nannibalestrini.it/furiosi/furiosi.htm

ITALIAN:

ITALIAN:

c'è una canzone inglese che noi facciamo che è l'inno del Liverpool che è Walk on una canzone degli anni 60 che è stata presa dai tifosi del Liverpool come loro inno col ritornello che dice

Walk on walk on
with hope in your heart
and you'll never walk alone
you'll never walk alone

c'era uno di noi che aveva il disco con questi cori che lì da loro non c'è nessuno che li dirige col microfono partono spontaneamente parte questo Walk on che sembra un urlo che viene da lontano e così noi abbiamo cercato di impararla abbiamo dovuto fare i foglietti con su com'era scritto perché molti dicevano Welcome cioè benvenuto invece di Walk on camminiamo abbiamo spiegato che cosa voleva dire e tutto quanto finché siamo riusciti a impararla questa canzone e ci ha resi famosi in tutta Europa perché l'abbiamo fatta quando sono morti i tifosi del Liverpool schiacciati contro le transenne a Sheffield è successo al sabato e noi domenica avevamo la partita col Real Madrid di Coppa dei campioni che abbiamo vinto 5 a 1 una partita memorabile

avevamo preparato uno striscione con scritto SHEFFIELD YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE c'era il minuto di silenzio e noi eravamo pronti per fare la canzone e mettere fuori lo striscione invece l'arbitro uno svedese ha fatto iniziare subito la partita noi mettiamo fuori lo striscione ma la cosa sembrava finita li poi però di colpo lui ferma il gioco e si mette la palla ai piedi per il minuto di silenzio cazzo io lì in quel momento non avevo neanche il microfono sono salito sulla transenna e senza microfono come fanno loro siamo partiti con questa canzone c'ho il video a casa ogni tanto lo rivedo e mi viene la pelle d'oca tutti i giocatori sull'attenti poi si sente tutto lo stadio in piedi a applaudire si vede l'arbitro che guarda verso di me perché sente il coro si vede benissimo il coro che sale And you'll never walk alone anche adesso che lo dico mi emoziono l'hanno fatto vedere per 6 mesi su tutte le reti inglesi almeno una volta al giorno lo facevano vedere sono arrivate tante di quelle lettere di tifosi inglesi voi siete dei veri amici e per tutta la vita noi saremo sempre vostri amici :cool:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
We went to Holland after so much fatigue,PSV were pumped after having been crowned dutch Champions and with nothing to lose against us.Sure we weren't at our best,but we'll take positives out of the game also and check what we need to improve on.Full credit to PSV for a wonderful performance. :thmbup:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
The dream final for me has materialised. Liverpool and Milan. Two of my favourite clubs in action. Never before since I started supporting both sides 17 long years ago has they met each other in official games, so this one cannot come at a bigger stage than the CL Final.

As to who I think will win and who will I support in the Final, I would say that my heart says Liverpool but my mind says Milan. Perhaps I will be happier to see Liverpool win, since winning CL is the most realistic chance for it to take part in next year's CL, while Milan is assured of their place in next year's competition. As to who I will support, I think I will be rooting more for Liverpool. But no matter who wins, I will be celebrating with one of my club.

Which will it be? The answer will be revealed come May 25 in Istanbul.

paw;)

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Given the characteristics of both sides, I think you fill find that it will be a game of chess and there is very big chance the game will go to penalties.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Good to see two clubs with such a great history and tradition will be competing for #5 or #7. No doubt these two clubs are the best performed clubs in Europe (in their own leagues respectively). Liverpool dominated the late 70's and early 80's. We dominated the late 80's and early 90's. Now in the new millenium, both clubs meet in the final of the European Cup. Should be an absolute cracker of a match. The fans will be in full voice. Those from The Kop, with their Liverpool scarves and flags, and those from the Curva Sud, with the brilliant rossonero choreography. They may even sing YNWA together? Imagine that, what an atmosphere!

1 - 20 of 838 Posts