Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few minutes ago it hit me. The pure fear has hit me and gave me an awkward feeling in my stomach. Like last saturday during the 1st half in Berlin when Cottbus and Bielefeld were both in front.
Today I was able to talk about the coming weekend in a pretty normal way, and now it's there. The relegation fear. :scared:

[tub]pGKteYJm-Uo[/tub]

We need to win this game. More than any other game in the last 2 years. It is about time that we are the ones to cheat death at the climax of the season. Like Matthias Sammer, co-moderator of Premiere, said about the Dortmund equaliser: Such goals don't happen by accident.. this is fate. Normally such queer goals get into our net, but this time, for the first time this season our (in that case) opponent has had that tough luck.

I just got reminded of a Pinola quote from last year after the cup semifinal. "Last night in the hotel I looked into everyones eyes and said: We need to win!" Do it again Pino.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
In our situation when it´s already not in our hands it´s better to be pesimist because there is nothing to be optimistic about. Our non-relegation would be surprise, even if we win we must to wait on VFB-Arminia result.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, surely. Too much hope would be wrong before that weekend. I only believe more in a Bielefeld defeat or draw than in a win from our side. That makes it even harder.

Why are you laughing? Because of the version of that famous melody or because of my choice for that matchday? ;) I felt that it's appropriate.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Reverse psychology is a start but we need a bit of everything tomorrow.

Mostly luck though.

I would like to be able to say after the game that we outplayed Schalke and were by far the better side, deserving to win easily. But we all can remember games when we have said this but have somehow managed to lose.

So tomorrow I want luck...

In the Max Morlock Stadion a Jan Koller shot misses so badly (not too far fetched yet) it hits the corner flag, bounces to the feet of a Schalke defender who slices his clearance so badly that it hits the back of Charisteas (not even looking), loops up onto the crossbar, bounces on to the Schalke keeper's head and lands in the net, in the 7th miniute of injury time.

Meanwhile, in Stuttgart, a Bielefeld player sends a shot crashing against the Stuttgart crossbar in the 8th minute of injury time. The shot bounces off the bar and back to the half-way line. All of the Bielefeld players and the keeper are in the Stuttgart half and the only person who spots the chance to score is the Stuttgart substitute Raphael Schaefer who rushes from his goal, beating all the other players to the ball and sends it flying into the empty Bielefeld net.

After the game, Bill Gates parachutes into the MM Stadion as the new owner of Der Club and is quickly joined by new signings Ronaldo, Torres, Kaka, Drogba, Gerrard, Gattuso..........

Well. Let's hope so anyway :rollani:

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And with that story I'll go to bed, Jon. :D Now I hope I'll also dream about it and it happens tomorrow.
I never did it, but I think I will also light a candle in our church here in Altenfurt. That sounds pathetic, but I don't care. Let's hope for luck and may the football god be with us.

I'm sorry, Jon, I didn't respond to your answer to my post in the 1fcnuk forum before the Berlin game. How's your wife doing? Everything alright? Are you already a proud dad? :)

ps: I hope I won't wake up until I come to the Bill Gates part. err... oh well, maybe I should wake up before it, not that I'll wet my bed. :howler:

·
Registered
276 Posts
No arrival yet Audio. The wife is doing fine thanks.

Let's hope that baby will be visiting a Bundesliga stadium Nüurnberg in August and not a 2.BL one.

So nervous about the game today.

Jason has managed to get Premiere through his new staellite system and a soem downloaded patches from the internet so we'll al be piling into his living room to pray and shout. Right now i feel slightly sick thinking about the game.

And the football gods you talk of... How cruel will they be if they let us go this far before sending us down. They could have finished us off a few weeks ago and we'd be coming to terms with it now... but to give us another afternoon of hope- well, we just have to seize the day.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel sick, too. I've dreamt about football, but I can't remember anything. ;)

:D I had a vision in my mind right now. 17.15 today, 90th minute... your wife is calling and the Club gets a penalty...and scores. That's what Hollywood would make out of it.

We've got a big party here in the evening. My girlfriends mother is celebrating her 50th birthday. Man, it could be such a great party...

about Premiere... the commentator is Fritz von Thurn und Taxis. The last time he commentated a FCN game was the 3-0 victory over Bayern. :) In these days you've got to stick to every sign of hope. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wir stehn zu dir, für jetzt und alle Zeit, was auch immer passiert wir lieben dich sowieso bis in die Ewigkeit!

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Tough luck,i know whats its like when your team gets relegated.I hope Nurnberg comes back as soon as possible.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
I still cannot believe that you were relegated with such a team :confused::confused:.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm gutted and it's hard to find the right words for it. Thanks for the kind words guys. The relegation fear was there for weeks and weeks, but now that it's official it's such a bitter feeling. The probably dumbest relegation. We had good players, but not a team.

The game yesterday was a mirror of the whole season. A rather good start, but after 10-15 minutes the game slipped out of our hands. No pressing, no passion and pretty few good attacks on the Schalke goal. And during the time when Schalke nearly invited us to score our players were too dumb to profit from it.

It was a mix of a really uneasy feeling, then the big anger during the second half and at the end and empty gaze with some tears in my eyes. Mainly when Pinola and Wolf made their walk along the Nordkurve on their own... both crying. Also Abardonado and Mintal came a bit closer to the fans, the rest clapped their hands once or twice and then went off. The thing that makes me angry is that some didn't appear as if they were sad or something like that. They can fvck off.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:mad: http://i32.tinypic.com/mmebzl.jpg

And then I had to meet a version of the typical asshole Bayern fan at the birthday party of my girlfriends mother last night. From the start I noticed that he is a pretty dislikable person and then I also found out that he's a Bayern fan. Sometimes one thing doesn't come alone.
What a shitty Saturday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts