Xtratime Community banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
61,757 Posts
England was pure class and very gracious with this lenient 1-1 score, they could have really poured it on.

Magyarorszag 1, England 1.

This marvellous outcome at the magic and hallowed cathedral of the game, Wembley.

Gulacsi was the Man of the Match. And he looks like he came from English House of Windsor royalty this good man.

My Gosh to lose 0-1 twice to Albania, that's what sank the solid opportunity but two more games remain to settle the team's position. We have now the opportunity to net 17 total points in the group, but we cannot overtake it to 2nd place.

Question: will 3rd place with 17 points get us where we need to be in some playoff bracket?
no

1st qualifies. 2nd goes play-off. 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th stay at home

actually our best chance was that Austria finishes 2nd in their group so we snatch their Nations League play-off spot but even that‘s impossible now.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Magical score with England at the hallowed cathedral gives much relief to optimism and good hope.

It's a tough bowing out with these weak offensive games against Albania, our team defense throughout the group was rock steady even yesterday.

I think what really did the sinking is the fact that certain incited knucklehead fans prevented us from having a massive home crowd to bouy the team to victory in the 2nd Albania game. 70,000 home charged fans could not put the sufficient full sails of homeside encouragement into the match and players.

The stadium was completely empty except for the players, trainers, staffs, officials, the press and camera crew.

Think about it, with a completely full house do you think the team would have lost a second game to Albania 0-1 at home? The score would have been different I say.

Some unruly rowdy knuckleheaded fans who lost momentary restraint that caused the ban of some 70,000 fans truly barbequed our good campaign sports, hard to know but true.

·
Registered
10,785 Posts
A packed house at home would've/should've helped. Even if we've actually had some good results in empty stadiums, still that may have been the difference vs Albania. Knuckleheads indeed.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The lack of a roaring chorus of 70,000 encouraging fans was absolutely the difference I think in the 2nd Albania game as I know the team is hard and very hard to beat in front of a full house at home where we bring extra elements and intangibles and more winning ball, where we have few very losses to sub-standard teams.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
On the whole Rossi did a fairly good job and we had injuries, especially to the vet star captain Adam Szalai who encompasses a very competitive winning aura, drive and experienced inspiration who's seen it all in the sport.

Szalai not playing was very costly, he was playing his very best veteran ball in the NT in his current form. Adam Szalai was playing at the top of his game at his veteran experienced level and the team was driving strong.

Marco Rossi on a scale of 1-10 did a fine solid fairly good job of 7 out of 10.

Overall I believe we required and needed the 70,000 stupendous good fans by the team's encouraging side as the 12th Man in the 2nd game with Albania and we didn't get it.

The team overall on a scale of 1-10 did a fairly solid job of 7 out of 10.

:)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
See what good optimism can buy that Aron's pessimist attitudes can't:

The team was one of the hottest trending almost a crackerjack side for the better part of +2 1/2 years and it was driving strong before a few key injuries and no boosting 12th Man at the decisive pivotal game with Albania.

Some certain hooliganish fans that cost the team big prime-time home field advantage of 70,000 with a full house and I'm presuming some "key injuries" sank a meritorious good solid campaign.

The key thing is the team was driving strong of recent and that's really where it matters. The team was put together well and it performed well, the team experienced a "setback" in the game and it was navigating strong. That's really where it matters.

·
Registered
10,785 Posts
Even if it would've helped, still no excuse.

I prefer to think of myself as a realist, rather than a pessimist:)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts