Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luis Figo's future remains shrouded in doubt after the Barcelona star insisted there was never an agreement with Real Madrid presidential hopeful Florentino Perez. This twist further strengthens Lorenzo Sanz’s hand in the furious battle for control of the club.

Angered at claims by Spanish daily Marca that his agent had signed a document confirming that should Perez win Sunday's elections he would join deadly rivals Real Madrid - or rather pay Perez £20 million if he didn’t - Figo has denied this to be the case and insisted that he is in charge of his own destiny.

On Thursday La Gazzetta dello Sport’s website reported him as saying: "It is down to me to consider any transfer proposals that are put to me. I am the only person responsible for decisions regarding my future. My agent has not signed any preliminary agreement with any side."

Perez, who claimed otherwise, and insisted that he would reimburse all season-ticket holders with the price of their season tickets if he broke his promise upon assuming the presidency, now looks be well and truly out of the running.

On holiday in Italy, the Portuguese international went on to say: "I would like to stay at Barcelona for the next five years but I will carefully weigh up any offer that is made to me."

Although Figo has said that he will be attending training at the Nou Camp on July 24 his position at the club is becoming increasingly untenable in the light of such close association with Barcelona’s fiercest rivals.

Italian sources have linked the player with Fiorentina who have money to spend and a void left by the departed Gabriel Batistuta to fill.

But the release clause for Barcelona’s midfielder, should he go abroad, currently stands at £80 million - double his actual valuation. With Lazio having already baulked at this price-tag, only a climb-down by the Catalan club will see Figo in anything other than a Barca shirt next season.

I'm not even gonna comment this time:(

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I dont understand, Figo denies any ties to madrid, while his agrent and perez say differ. I read that his agent admitted that if Perez wins the election that both Figo and himself would be in Madrid on monday.
Can anyone make sense to any of this??

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one gets any of this sh|t and i certainly don't. The thing may be that Figo isn't confident that Perez is gonna win and he knows that if he in fact doesn't and he had had made these comments on how he would move to Madrid he'd be in effect lost in barcelona, where everyone would hate him, so he can't. His agent is a different story, because he doesn't give a sh! So all in all I guess Figo has in fact signed the contract with Perez, only he's not sure Perez will win, so he doesn't want to admit it yet, so the Barca people will for now leave him be. Do you think this is possible?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Thanks Labas, it gets difficult to apply logic to absurdities. Sounds plausible to me.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
No one will tell the truth directly in this matter.
If Figo finally can't go to Madrid, he'll look like this:eek:
and the Barca fan will look like this:mad:
and I will look like this:D

Perez? haha....maybe this:(

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
And people will shrug it off as too good to be true.
Sanz won't get any "points" off of getting it 'right' in the Figo Case.
The only real loser will be Figo. He'll be hated at Barca and unwanted and RM. His days at Barca will be numbered.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've posted a post in the Barca forum on Figo and that's what I say exactly - the Barcafans should get used to the fact he's not gonna play a game in their T-shrt anymore. It's over, if he comes to Real, which I hope he doesn't, it's just apossibility. If he doesn't he's outa there heading for Lazio or Milan. One way or another Figo is gone from the Catalan club:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts