Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I think it's about time that we'll be getting an FC København thread, and since I'm the only fan it seems right that I'm the one to write it :d. In here all news about FCK will be written, concerning everything from rumours, injuries, squad-info, games to interviews or simply just your OWN views on the champions in Denmark! :)

Today FCK have finally bought the left back that was missing after Rytter was sold to Wolfsburg, and the player they've chosen is another Tomas, more excact Tomas Antonelius, formerly known under Gustafsson. He's played in the CL with AIK and had some succesful seasons there, before he was sold to Coventry. Under Euro 2000 he was injured by Del Piero, and he only played 17 games for Coventry, over a period of 2 seasons. I believe this is a big gain for FCK, as he can play both right and left back, and Backe believes alot in him since he was on the top of his list :).

Also it's great that he's played CL, because I'm sure he'll need the international experience.....

I must admit I really didn't know this player before, but maybe some of you Swedes can fill us in on him, in case you drop by? :)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
If it wouldn't be for that feckin Del Piero Antonelius could've been a great defender :crybaby::groan:
He had a hell, being away for over 6 months :(
And when he wanted to get back in the fabolous form he was before the injury, he wasn't given play time :frustrat:
But now finally in FCK things might turn to his favor, and if he gets the chance in a couple of games I bet he wont dissapoint anyone.
If he's lucky he might get into the WC squad for Sweden, we desperatly need wingbacks :hopefull:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Now FCK want to buy an English 2nd division club:eek::rolleyes:. They want the majority holding of the stocks, about 51%. Don Ø hasn't revieled what club they're interested in buying.

What d'you think guys? Is it simply megalomania they're suffering from, or is it a good investment they're going to make?

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I know it might be hard to see it from a Brøndby fans eyes, but I think it is a great idea. I wonder what club it will, please keep us posted. Together with Stoke and Wimbledon it can be the Nordic countries very own English club.

Also Antonelius making it into the left back poll is great..I wonder if he had done that if he had been sold to FCK first. Apparently a player is automatically better if he is in Italy, Spain or england according to some people ;) Him making it into the poll in itself should prove that FCk has bought a great player.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it would be awesome for FCK to buy a first division club in Eng. The rumours are saying it'll be Nothingham Forrest, but I don't know how much truth that carries. I'm not sure how this works, but do any of you know if this would work like all the players from the club would be FC's, and so that FCK could borrow out it's players to the club?

FCK have really been active lately, purchasing Mykland, Antonelius, Albrechtsen and Elrio van Eerden from the talent school in South Africa, aswell as purchasing the towers in Parken for an amount of 28 mill. £. Also, they've bought E-biletter, a company selling tickets online, and now this :eek:. Quite impressing I must say :).

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
DBOY said:
I'm not sure how this works, but do any of you know if this would work like all the players from the club would be FC's, and so that FCK could borrow out it's players to the club?
Well I'm also a bit confused about the thing. I can only say that Ajax have done the same thing, they have the majority holding of Germinal beerschot Antwerpen. They same goes for Man U, with Antwerp FC

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
The last missing piece of the new defense.

On that English 1st dividion side :

It won't be Forest that's for sure. Althought debtridden I think they just sold a player so now there's hope for them.

IF Østergaard/FCK buys one he/they will be hard pressed IMO. No way Østergaard find as good a setup as he did with FCK. He will have to be willing to post a large sum of money into that side, before getting a profit out of it - which I assume is the point. I got a suspicion that he might wnat to get to "the next step on the ladder" Using FCK as a nurturing club for the english side and not the other way around. Let's face it. Wages are higher in England, tehre's more money involved and so on. SO IMHO this moive might be good for Østergaard, but I fail to see how FCK would benefit. :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
interesting point Pep :). And before I get going here, I just want to mention that the player you're reffering to from Forrest is that guy the Toons just bought, can't remember his name, buthe went for something like 70 mill. kr, so you're right on that!

I think FC København have grown to be one of the true heavyweights in international soccer, with the extremely proffesional way the club is driven. This, along with the good results in Europe, makes it an even more attractive side to join for European stars such as Mykland, and all the Danish adventurous players that couldn't suceed abroad...I honestly don't think D'he Don would want to leave this now, as he's been a protagonist in the building up the institution that is FCK- it's be like leaving his baby :D. And the way I see it, an English 1. Division side could very well help improve our club even more, if we took the best players from them, and loaned our biggest talents who were not yet ready to play in the Copenhagener's first team :).

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
A couple of things to that Daniel.

1. Wages : for the first three years that might not be a problem since they would benefit from the " Scientist clause" but after that FCK would blow tha wage packet to keep them - maybe tehy'd send them back then?

2. I think you're seriously underestimating the english 1st division if you think that FCK can loan out their youngsters and expect the team to stay up. Heck most danish teams would have problems in that league.

3. Hevyweight: noway - not yet - if ever! The day FCK signs a player for 50 million plus - that's the day we're talking about FCK being on level with the biggest english 1st didvision sides

:)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who says the team has to stay up? :D....no, maybe you're right on the 'loaning out talents' part, but I still have to say that I don't agree with you on point number three.

FCK have been very active here in the break, buying the three towers in Parken for 310 mill, E-biletter PLUS all the players. And who knows wether we'll buy bigger when Zuma and Poulsen's transfer fees bumps in? I must say, that I think FC København will be a both bigger and more attractive side than any in the English 1st division by three years time :).

And it's not that I'm underestimating the English division, I know most Danish clubs would move down, but I still stand by what I've said.

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
yeah...maybe. However money doesn't do it by itself. In order to attract " BIG " players, there will have to be a lot more exposure of the league for starters. Second I reckon FCK could attract big players if they ( the players ) were assured of playing in the CL every year - kind of like Rangers a couple of years ago.

There's no problem with disagreeing - that what we do on Xtratime, discuss ;)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, Denmark still don't have enough points for us to be qualified automatically for the CL yet, but fortunately it'll happen soon, and then we might be able to attract the big fish (read->FCK will win suppen every year :D). Anyway, I'm very satisfied seing guys like Bisgaard, Mykland, Møller, Jacob Laursen plus the best of the home players joining FCK. Now we just need to be able to attract the biggest stars of Sweden, and some relatively big players from abroad :). Would be exciting to see!

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
ah well - this is totally subjective I'll be the first to admit, but I don't rate Rosenborg( who wins every year )as a big club in Europe. They simply cannot attract the talent because the big countries simply pay better.

No matter how ell FCK does they'll be stuck in the same situation, because as good an economy they have they will never be able to match a bid from the Rangers/ Sunderland/Bologna/Celta class of clubs. Well they might, but it wouldn't be very wise financially. :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You might be right, in fact I htink you are, to a certain extent. because there's no doubt in my mind that we can attract big names, just not away from such clubs as the ones you mentioned. That's were you have to be clever in the transfer market, buying the talents, and the players that never got real chance. And then you can sell them for 10x the amount they were purchased :). Just look at Zuma, he was bought for 2,5 mill kr, and Arsenal's offer of 50 mill was rejected. Or Christian Poulsen, he was bought for a candybar from Holbæk, and now he's being sold to Schalke for 60 mill :). And I'm confident that even though Mykland might not stay here for the rest of his career, even though he's stated so, we'd get much more than the 4 mill. we payed for him if he was sold after having succes with FCK. Then we could buy an even better player for that money, and selling him even more expensive. Because I agree that FCK aren't big enough to hold a star like Poulsen or Zuma in their rooster, but then we can give a talent like van Heerden the chance instead!

Look at a club like Mallorca: they bought Dani for a smaller amount, since he'd flopped with Madrid, and sold him to Barça for 100 mill or something.

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
Spot on - IMo that's exactly how one defines a big club - is it selling it's best players or not.

Again - i't subjective, but when you say a big european club you narrow the standards used to define what a big club is. If you say that FCK is going to be the biggest club in SCandinavia - I'd agree with you, they allready got the best finance - and when you have that the rest is only a matter of time. Eventually you'll manage to get the right mix, simply because you can afford it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well a club like Rosenborg can't hold on to their stars either, just look at Carew, Iversen, Bergdølmo, and that guy at Dortmund :eek:. If FCK had to be more than the biggest club in Scandinavia, we'd had to keep players like Rytter, Niclas, Zuma, Poulsen, etc, because that would attract other big players. But it's very difficult, just look at Valencia, they have a very different side, as the bigger clubs always will tear a succesful aquad appart. It's happened to most, but if you look at a club like Atalanta f.ex they keep their high level despite selling their stars, and that's what I think FCK should look at only buying bigger players, and doing better European. Atalanta unlike f.ex Chievo have done over several seasons, because they have a very health transfer policy unlike Chievo who IMO is nothing more than lucky timing, with a team of great players.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
DBOY said:
Well a club like Rosenborg can't hold on to their stars either
Carew was sold for 80 million, Sørensen left after his contract ran out, Iversen and Heggem was sold several years ago. RBK can buy or sell any player they want too, technically it would cost them all their money probably but if Rosenborg bought a Zidane/Rivaldo player they could probably afford that plus his wage for a year...meaning RBK has a ****load of money, but they are more conservative with it than a bank, refuse to use almost anything :)

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
darn, you caught me with Valencia Daniel. Another one would have been Juventus. The only thing I can say is that there's always exceptions and lame stuff like that ;)

You think Atalanta has kept their level from last season? ehm....how exactly? :confused:

But I agree on Rosenborg. No matter what numbers Naranja uses, Big Clubs keep their best players. Sure I can see how 80 million was too good an offer, but if they have the money why sell? They can afford to keep him right? So they get some more money, but then has to use some time getting the new guy into the team. So, basicly they're selling some of their shortterm capability.Most big clubs wouldn't do that.

Am I making any sense here? :D

1 - 20 of 573 Posts