Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you guys think about the fans in Zenica? Should we continue to play there?

Honestly I was dissapointed in the fans, it seems watching the NT has become a spectator event, where people are merely watching but not taking part. Its not until the shit hit the fan that people finally woke up and got into it. Why? Were people expecting things to go bad so they were saving up their voice?

Whatever reason though, Zenica is not as intimidating as it once was.

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,011 Posts
I think BiH should take the show around the country. Grbavica, Bijeli Brijeg, Bihac, maybe even Banja Luka if and when that becomes possible.

But Zenica is a good main venue. The Kosevo might be better for the really big opponents, though. The pitch can't be any worse than at Bijelo Polje.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
So what do you guys think about the fans in Zenica? Should we continue to play there?

Honestly I was dissapointed in the fans, it seems watching the NT has become a spectator event, where people are merely watching but not taking part. Its not until the shit hit the fan that people finally woke up and got into it. Why? Were people expecting things to go bad so they were saving up their voice?

I sort of agree. During the last matches (Spain and Portugal) I cant help feeling that Bilino Polje has lost that magic aura of confidence and feeling of being a fortress that it used to be. Most likely its as simple as the teams being to good for us anyway and that a stadium wont reduce that undeniable fact alone, but the feeling of a lost momentum on Bilino Polje is still there. Perhaps playing in front of 35 000 at Kosevo on a decent pitch is the way forward for Euro 2012 despite the running track surrounding the ground?

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But its downright appalling that Ciro and the players are commenting that we played long-balls because of the bad field. Get this..at home, where we are supposed to have the advantage..we couldn't play our game.

That's just crazy shit and I'm surprised by how casual people are talking about it.

That could have cost us the game in itself.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I think BiH should take the show around the country. Grbavica, Bijeli Brijeg, Bihac, maybe even Banja Luka if and when that becomes possible.

But Zenica is a good main venue. The Kosevo might be better for the really big opponents, though. The pitch can't be any worse than at Bijelo Polje.
I`m not in favour of moving around, Monty. At least not for qualifiers. That way we´ll only manage to reduce the players feeling of playing at home by entering a new stadium for each game. Some of the friendlies could possibly be placed around the country now and then, but Bijeli Brijeg shouldnt be in consideration due to what happened there in the early 90`s.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts

I already commented on this in another topic. It's simply because regular fans who sing and cheer for 90 minutes can't get a ticket anymore. The interest in the NT increased a lot in these qualis and you have people who have never been real fans going to the game. Older people, women, famous people, ... are all going to the games now and those people only clap once in a while or sing "Bosnom behar probeharao" and that's it. Add to that that the savez is giving away tickets to all kinds of sponsors and you get what we have now.

The ones who make a great atmosphere at Bilino Polje are Robijasi and BHF and they have been complaining that it was almost impossible to get tickets lately.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
^ I think that's the problem aswell, regular fans can't get tickets. Realistically, we should only play games in Zenica and Sarajevo, with the latter having use for big games like playoffs. Anyway, both cities have the only adeuqate stadiums in BiH and will be free of ethnic violence unlike Banja Luka and Mostar.

·
Registered
36,118 Posts
Your fans were dissapointing, their songs were weak (I counted 2 different ones), the atmosphere was weak and when going 1-0 down, you could hear a pin drop for minutes on end.

Very weak.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Problem with Bilino Polje is:

1. Too small. Dijasporci and guzonje fill the stadium - especially last 2 games - and fail to make a decent atmosphere. The real people are just outside of the stadium cheering. Against Portugal, fans were really retarded and atmosphere was ridiculous.

2. Pitch. It's ugly and we should really play on better pitch because we have good talented players who can show what they got on better field.

What we need to do is expand the stadium and improve the pitch. That way, you will see better atmosphere because middle class people will actually find a ticket. But I'm sure we won't be doing this for some time...

Oh, Bilino Polje never was outstandingly intimidating. It's just hype.

·
U Mad Buraz?
3,753 Posts
In an ideal world, the national team would play at a renovated Grbavica. The fans are right next to the pitch, just like in Zenica, but the stadium could potentially hold almost 10.000 more people. The biggest problem, however, is what Misimovic and some others have mentioned... now that the national team is suddenly trendy, you have the wrong kind of people at the stadium. No offense to women and the elderly, but the fact is that the best atmospheres are created by those teenage through 20-something males that have nothing better to do on a Wednesday night.

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,011 Posts
Your fans were dissapointing, their songs were weak (I counted 2 different ones), the atmosphere was weak and when going 1-0 down, you could hear a pin drop for minutes on end.

Very weak.
By most accounts the atmosphere was not good on Wednesday night (though the English media described it as 'raucous' :D), but generally BiH fans do create a fantastic atmosphere when the team plays. Remember Genk?

In an ideal world, the national team would play at a renovated Grbavica. The fans are right next to the pitch, just like in Zenica, but the stadium could potentially hold almost 10.000 more people. The biggest problem, however, is what Misimovic and some others have mentioned... now that the national team is suddenly trendy, you have the wrong kind of people at the stadium. No offense to women and the elderly, but the fact is that the best atmospheres are created by those teenage through 20-something males that have nothing better to do on a Wednesday night.
I like this. A man who's not afraid to tell it how it is :smileani:

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Grbavica would be the ideal place for us to play. Honestly, there was no fan support at the Spain, and Portugal games. It seems now that normal everyday citizens, and the elite end up going to games, and the hardcore fans are left to stand outside and watch on a projector. BHF should be able to buy tickets ahead of time, that the fans that actually to chant get their tickets.

·
U Mad Buraz?
3,753 Posts
I like this. A man who's not afraid to tell it how it is :smileani:
Would you still like it if I added a qualifier like "in a staunchly patriarchal society such as ours"? :(

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
we have no real alternative to zenica... kosevo is a shithole, we're not allowed to play in mostar or banja luka and whoever suggested grbavica must be living in an alternate universe. If our NT plays in sarajevo, it will always be the soup dish

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
i think its time for matches to be played at Kosevo again.. Zenica has showed it is definately not a fortress..

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Grbavica would be the ideal place for us to play. Honestly, there was no fan support at the Spain, and Portugal games. It seems now that normal everyday citizens, and the elite end up going to games, and the hardcore fans are left to stand outside and watch on a projector. BHF should be able to buy tickets ahead of time, that the fans that actually to chant get their tickets.
grbavica???????????? stadium capacity = 6000??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts