Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Yes, Kobe Bryant's father was playing professional basketball in Italy during the 80s and Kobe grew up watching Sacchi's Milan.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
honestly i have serious doubts when an American is being quouted as a fan of any of the European 'soccer" clubs. No disrespect to all our US based freiends here of course. Now, with Kobe - it could be OK because of his childhood memories and with Bobi with might OK too, for his Italian roots. Still I cant iumagine any of them knowing what titles Milan won teh last 5 years, lets say.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I have a photo of Bryant with a Milan shirt somewhere. When I find I'll post it.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
look at this one ;)

http://sneakernews.com/2008/11/07/nike-hyperdunk-supreme-italy-ac-milan-kobe-bryant/

Either way, kobe once appeared in Yankees outfit and they said he is a yankee fan. few weeks later he appeared in some other baseball team kid and they asked him what is going on and he said he simply likes those sports suits and likes to change them and look cool.
again - what does it mean to be a fan? With nole it is probably true, he is a serb and he was a milan fan when he grew up so he still is and all. but with teh us stars ... dunno

·
Registered
32,709 Posts
I saw Outkast's Andre 3000 in a Juve shirt for an award show. Doubt he's much of a fan. :D

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
by the a \real and one of the greatest Milan fans was indeed the late Marco Pantani. i still remember him riding the day in teh Giro with milan scarf on his head when we won the 99 scudetto.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
by the a \real and one of the greatest Milan fans was indeed the late Marco Pantani. i still remember him riding the day in teh Giro with milan scarf on his head when we won the 99 scudetto.
Yes, Mr Marco Pantani. He's Milanista forever. I'll will post some his pictures in Milan shirt. Grazie bono!

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Novak Djokovic - bit off topic but has anyone seen how he impersonates his fellow tennis players? :howler:

[tub]xYA_7RUSarU[/tub]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
About Bryant. This information from en.wikipedia.org:

Early life

Kobe Bryant was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the youngest child and only son of Joe and Pam Bryant.[2]

When Bryant was six, his father left the NBA, moved his family to Italy, and started playing professional basketball there.[7] Bryant became accustomed to the lifestyle there and learned to speak Italian fluently.[7] At an early age, he learned to play soccer and his favorite team was AC Milan.[8] He has said that if he had stayed in Italy, he would have tried to become a professional soccer player. Bryant is a big fan of former FC Barcelona manager Frank Rijkaard and their former player Ronaldinho.[9]

In 1991, the Bryants moved back to the United States. Bryant earned national recognition during a spectacular high school career at Lower Merion High School in the Philadelphia suburb of Lower Merion.[10] His SAT score of 1080[11] would have ensured his basketball scholarship to various top-tier colleges. Ultimately, however, the 17-year-old Bryant made the decision to go directly into the NBA. Bryant has stated that had he decided to go to college after high school, he would have attended Duke University.[12]

From now, I'm a Kobe's fan! :D

1 - 20 of 97 Posts