Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said it before....the problem with this Barca is not 100% Rijkaard's fault, but it's close to 80%...

Rijkaard is not a Barca coach. Barca needs a tougher coach. How come Antic did much more last year than Rijkaard. Antic didn't have alot of time to get to know Barca's players, he wasn't there during the pre-season. He created with the players he had, which are more or less the same, but with Bonano, Mendieta and Frank De Boer and without Ronaldinho and the rest of these critters. He led Barca to the third best team in the second half of the last season.

Barca is playing pathetically predictable, with players that do not shine in offense or have any individual special technics or talent. The only offensive players with talent are Ronaldinho and Iniesta. Luis Garcia had a VERY lucky shot, but then again he has missed very easy clear chances before. Kluivert has run out of gas and inspiration, Xavi has had his ups and downs but has also missed some clear shots. Quaresma is still ripe, Overmars is old and always injured, Saviola has spirit but not the strength to fight defenders, Gerard is a solid player but not a very offensive one, the same with Motta except he's always injured or gets suspended with red cards. Davids is proving vital to the midfield, as he recovers many balls and adds to the offense.

Replaceables: Gerard, Xavi, Cocu, Overmars, Luis Garcia, Kluivert, Saviola, Luis Enrique, Reizeger, Marquez

Keepers: Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Motta, Davids. Quaresma needs more game time and he can also play in both sides

Need to get: any very good forward (Kezman, Kuranyi, Drogba, Ibrahimovic, Torres, Trezeguet, Larsson, Robben), a left midfielder/forward (Reyes, Kewell, Vicente, Robben), a right midfielder/forward (Joaquin), attacking midfielder (Van der vaart, Emre), and a defensive midfielder (Davids, Xabi Alonso, Steven Gerrard)

These are the types of players for the new Barca, but the team WILL NOT TRIUMPH UNLESS BARCA SIGNS A WINNING COACH, A COACH WITH BALLS. For this position I recommend Scolari (for his inteligence in recovering players and training) or Koeman (for his masterful job at Ajax and for his disciplined ways).

Barca is not a school for coaches, it is not a testing facility for newbie coaches and their ridiculous theories. Rijkaard doesn't have the inteligence or strategy to coach the best team in the world!!!!!

JC

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I agree that it was a HUGE mistake to let Antic go. And Rijkaard does suck as a coach, no argument there. :mute:

But honestly, I disagree about some of the positions that need reinforcing. You do need at least one midfielder/forward and one convincing striker, but what about the central defense?

Barca could seriously use some help back there... ;) There's Puyol and little else; Marquez wasn't as good as expected and the rest is even less reliable.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
The Laporta catarsis never arrived. In fact, he has a big responsability in what is going on.

Let's be serious. Why is Rijkaard coach of the FC Barcelona? Easy answer. Just because he's Dutch and he's Cruyff's friend. Nothing else.

Then we go to the second problem. Laporta is giving too much importance to Cruyff's opinions. First of all, I believe in Cruyff, he's a man who knows a lot about football. But Cruyff's opinions can't have any value, if he has no responsability in his actions. So for me it would be great to have Cruyff into the organization, but I'd discard his opinions if he doesn't carry the responsability over this decissions.

The new players. One of the most annoying issues during Gaspart's era was how much money we wasted in players who never played much:

- Ronaldinho, it was a big spent, but he's working really well, he's a great player.
- Luis García, we all know who he was before coming here. He's good, but I think no one sees him as the wing of a big club.
- Quaresma, I'm tired of listening about how great he is. He has shown to dribble quite well... but he has a poor shoot and poor crosses. I see him like another Simao or Zenden.
- Márquez, the Kaiser of where? He doesn't have the leadership everyone was talking about. Even Oleguer is doing better than him.
- Rustu, no comment.
- Mario, I didn't see him.
- Davids, a good player who's going to leave in June, so he's not a part of our future.
- van Bronkhorst, the same, nothing special.

So only Ronaldinho is giving solutions to a team that we all know what was able to achieve last season: the 6th place.

Moreover, Laporta talks like if this team were not his team. I didn't support him during the campaign, because I thought that he was manipulating the opinions with the Beckham issue and we all know where is the guy. Laporta talks about the heritage from Gaspart. No, this is his team and this is our team. He's president with all the consequences. I can give him the 1000 days he wanted if I see any progression, but never if we are getting worst.

For the ones who see Rijkaard as the only guilty. Laporta has been the one who brought him here and Laporta is the one who is supporting the Dutch (under Cruyff's pressure?). Joan Laporta needs to take decissions, Rijkaard doesn't have any idea. I am just asking for ideas. Rijkaard doesn't know if he wants a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3, he doesn't know if he wants wingers or not, etc. I don't care about playing good or not under this circumstances. Moreover when Rijkaard's game is awful and it doesn't have any connection with the Dutch style or the Italian style.

Laporta must react. We need a top player for possition: one striker, one defensive midfielder and a top central defender. Without this, there's no team. And we need a coach without experiments... and I doubt about Koeman's skills as the solution for this club.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
CampNou said:
Need to get: any very good forward (Kezman, Kuranyi, Drogba, Ibrahimovic, Torres, Trezeguet, Larsson, Robben), a left midfielder/forward (Reyes, Kewell, Vicente, Robben), a right midfielder/forward (Joaquin), attacking midfielder (Van der vaart, Emre), and a defensive midfielder (Davids, Xabi Alonso, Steven Gerrard)
I agree pretty much with your post, but this is kicking in open doors. Of course you need these players. Every team needs players like the ones listed here, getting them is a second. It is just not like top players are flooding the market at the moment. Also, due to Barça's financial status (I heard you guys made a bank loan this week of €150 m) it is not very easy to splash out cash on first class players. And what happends then is that a club buys second class players.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Rijkaard was not ready to be a coach at a big club like Barca. Its not that he is a bad coach, just not the right coach for Barca. If he took a job with a smaller club and got more experience, then maybe he would have been ready. His choices are questionable as everyone knows.

Barca's financial position is a concern, and isnt it public? However with a 100,000 seat stadium and the money that can bring I dont think its as big a concern as it would be to smaller clubs in smaller cities. Just look at Leeds Utd for example. That would not happen to Barca IMO.

Marquez could yet improve. Defenders take longer to become mature than other positions.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Its not really about the players, Seriously Barca got some really good players which the dumb **** Rijkaad doesnt know how to make use or utilise on....Give me a Barca squad and i can easily put them on the top 3 with a free-flowing 3-4-1-2 system. or a 4-2-3-1 system.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Its not the players, its the dumb **** rijkaad. Give me Barca squad and i m ****in sure i can put them in the top 4 comfortably. Just use a 3-4-1-2 or a 4-2-3-1 system with free flow & one touch attacking football.

·
Registered
69,667 Posts
Narentino said:
Give me a Barca squad and i can easily put them on the top 3 with a free-flowing 3-4-1-2 system. or a 4-2-3-1 system.
Are you Narentino?? or Scolari?? :tongue:

:)

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I m Narentino the Great one...:D :tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts