Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 806 Posts

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
see, zoo, i told you Milan fans have a much much higher opinion of Silva than all other, non-Milan and certainly non-Serie A fans ;)
In that list he is the third highest rated CB in the world. It is just that they have plenty of mediocre or good AMs before him that basically has done nothing to be rated higher.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Actually four. They had Vidic, Ramos and Pique ahead. vidic can really be questioned among them at this moment.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
And Piqué didn't have the best of seasons last year either, he even lost his starting spot at Barça at some point.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
see, zoo, i told you Milan fans have a much much higher opinion of Silva than all other, non-Milan and certainly non-Serie A fans ;)
I see :D

But do you think last years Vidic, Ramos and Pique were better than Silva? ;)

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
So, according to you, the people who pick the UEFA Team of the Year and the Samba d'Or (Best Brazilian player in Europe), just to name some of the awards he's received, are all Milan fans :undecide:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Good for the first Mister Inzaghi: 5-1 to Bologna

09/09/2012 16:46 by Vincenzo Great
Source: acmilan.com

The debut in the championship smiles to National Students, coached by Pippo Inzaghi. Against Bologna ends 5-1. In first-half goal Vido 2 'and two goals from Yaffa, 30' and 35 '. In the second half marked Di Molfetta to 53 'and Myths at 74'.

(Translated from Italian, so the English is pretty bad)

Great start for our future coach :D

·
Registered
13,397 Posts

·
Administrator
52,909 Posts
me? I am a Milan fan, I think Silva is the bext CB in the world ;)
No you dont, you wouldnt be trying to under sell him like this (since he was sold) if you were. He is easily one of the top few best defenders around, as simple as that. And not just according to Serie A fans.

·
Registered
43,402 Posts
you guys cant really get it ... the only way around it for you is to put certain pre-meditated objectives behind my statements, where there are none. I truly believe that Silva is the best CD and still do. I also have seen and heard many times that many non Milan and non Serie A fans do not rate him as high as we do. While people recognize he is top quality, many wont necessary die to have him in their team, certainly not for the money he went. Many people were shocked to see that, as they have not been of an opinion he is that extraordinary for a CD.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
to be fair, people outside of italy underrate EVERYONE in serie a. remember, english people used to bash zlatan for years. and they were mystified during the euros when pirlo performed well, as if they had never heard of him before.

also, who is a lawyer? im in the final year of law school, about to join the club.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Thing is, Thiago is not underrated. He is the second (I think) most expensive central defender in the history of the game. Was wanted by Barcelona of all teams. Was called as one of the only senior players to Brazil's NT (biggest NT in the world) in the Olympics, when they were putting their best to win. And he was the captain.

I honestly don't know how else one could show that a player is highly rated.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
also, who is a lawyer? im in the final year of law school, about to join the club.
Oh, lord! :D

Bono is the lawyer, albeit unemployed ;) and Mrs. dabdob :(

I am a regulator-to-be, which means I can do all the nasty work of lawyers and dumb all the blame on them :angel:

Oh, it also means that I can know when a lawyer is being lawering around :drunk:

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
It's difficult to understand what you're arguing here, bono. You agree with the most of us that Silva is among the best CB's around. You've made the observation that non-Serie A fans generally think he isn't (not my impression if we're talking people who follow the league, and if we're talking people who've only randomly seen him in the UCL and with Brazil, should their opinion be trusted more that people who've followed him every week for many years?).

So what you're saying is, you don't trust that you're able to judge a Serie A player fairly due to your bias and that we probably overrate Silva if so many non-Serie A fans don't rate him as highly as we do?

In that case, poor Ancelotti and Leonardo for being unable to realise they only rated him as one of the best CB's due to their bias, and poor PSG for making a bad investment.

·
Registered
43,402 Posts
Only the first para ... none of the rest. This is what people do not completely understand )and often call me a contrarian as a result). Most of the time, what I do is making sure all options are considered and we dont fall for what seems to be the obvious one. So I am asking questions, stating the possible opposite or different opinions, unraveling the logic behind one or the other stetament. The key is that in that process and most of the time I dont have a firm opinion - i am looking for it. So when I am stating a posisble other or opposite opinion, it doesnt mean i share it. And it certainly doesnt mean that I advocate for what might follow if I share that possible opposite opinion.

In other words, using this example:
- i was saying that it is possible that other fans do not value Silva as high as we (Milan and Serie A fans) do. I have read and seen statements that made me think so. Am I right? How would I know? Its a possible alternative way of looking at Silva as a CB. What followed was a good disucssion, different opinions. Which is my only objective - a discussion, breaking down your firm beliefs in things, considering that you might be wrong, supposing there might be other opinions, planting a seed.
- that I said what I said and considered, is not related in any way to a follow up (let alone, per-meditated) secret goal of mine, namely "you don't trust that you're able to judge a Serie A player fairly due to your bias and that we probably overrate Silva ...". I am not saying that. What I am trying to show is that it is possible that we probably overrate Silva due to bias, but I dont claim that is the situation.

81 - 100 of 806 Posts