Xtratime Community banner

741 - 760 of 796 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,364 Posts
I totally agree with Silvio's obsession with the 4-3-1-2. Though personally it's a toss-up between that and the Christmas Tree.

Am not a big fan of the 4-3-3 because it doesn't utilize a real #10 - but I guess that's just the boring "modern" game.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Liverpool vs Milan 3pm UK time.
Anyone have a good streaming on this?

IMG_0745.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
Probably because he was not around as long as many of the typical favourites. IMO an underrated player, essential and so crucial to our best form under Ancelotti.

·
Scudetto
23,364 Posts
Pirlo was excellent in this game. He clearly could still play in Serie A today.

Cafu also showed he still has all the stamina to bomb the right side.

Kaka also did well in the middle but Pippo really couldn't do anything anymore :D

Overall I thought the Milan team should have won comfortably considering their squad.

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
It was a great match to watch because both teams played to win and you could clearly see how well the players know each other. The game plan, how the players defended and ran for each other, has not changed even if it’s a slow-motion version. Pirlo was excellent, as jani mentioned. Incredicle accuracy although a few times you could see that his crosses to Serginho were a bit optimistic for the Brazilian nowadays.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
I was just remembering Serginho the other day; such an underrated player. Pretty interesting trajectory, from rotation LB to super-sub and secret weapon LW, then back to LB with great success.

He had patches of form when he was a LW when he was second to none, absolutely unstoppable.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
haha Thank God Kaladze doesn't play for us anymore I watched about 10mins of that match and all his mistakes. Good to see some things don't change with age.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
By the way, does any of you bums want to open the match thread? My great run is done. I don' mind doing it, but since we pretty much rely on luck... ;)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
haha Thank God Kaladze doesn't play for us anymore I watched about 10mins of that match and all his mistakes. Good to see some things don't change with age.
Thought Kaladze in general was a good player for us, especially when playing def. mid in this first years. Not so much a CB at the later stages. Still do not remember him as a bad player.

Was Digao playing in the match...:surprise:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yeah, Kaladze wasn't exceptional but I also don't remember him as "a bad player".

I also was surprised to see Digao playing in that game. How on earth was he a "Milan Glorie"? 😭

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Kaladze had a brilliant season, often playing CB but also LB in 2004-05, the year we lost the CL final to Liverpool. If I remember well Nesta and Stam missed several games, Maldini has an injury near the end of the season, and Billy was already very old, and Kaladze stepped up big time -- he played more often than Stam that season.

He was also our starting LB in the 2002 Champions League winning team, and indeed he was a decent DM early on too, though we were pretty poor at the time as a team.

A very capable, versatile player and a good servant overall IMO.

He did become very bad later on as CB also got a lot stick from fans. I always thought his form collapse coincided with the murder of his brother, after a long kidnapping situation; the stuff of nightmares. Maybe it's just coincidence, but the timing does match. He also had quite a bit of injuries.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
André Silva scored for Frankfurt this weekend in their 2-2 draw against Dortmund. It will be interesting to see if he ends up being more useful to them or Rebic to us.

Also Cutrone's Wolves are having a very tough time, close to the bottom of the table. Cutrone remains mostly a sub for them. He came in late for them in their late draw away to Crystal Palace. He's played little so far and scored one goal, last week against Chelsea. He looks damn lively whenever he plays though, the guy has incredible energy, you notice him even in the high tempo EPL (where looks smaller than the average forward by the way).

741 - 760 of 796 Posts