Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised we don't have a thread of the rossoneri players and coaches that aren't among us anymore. Well they can still be on Earth and alive, but I mean those not involved with Milan on the pitch anymore :D

Today Gianni Rivera received UEFA's President's Award which has previously been given to players such as Raymond Kopa (2010), Eusébio (2009), Sir Bobby Charlton (2008) and Alfredo di Stéfano (2007). I haven't seen Rivera play but I've heard of his relay race in the Italian NT team with the interista Sandro Mazzola.

Michel Platini said:
"Rivera was among the first to understand that the ball is quicker than the man and that he had to make the tool do the job," Mr Platini continued. "I had the chance to talk with some of his former team-mates and they told me that Rivera was just telling them to run when he had the ball, because the ball would eventually reach them."
That sounds pretty awesome, like an early Pirlo :D

Oh and I saw this on twitter:

Capello: "I have never met Moratti. I will never join Inter because I'm a Milanista."

So in Capello's eyes it's worse to go from Milan to Inter than Milan to Juventus? That's a interesting stance to take, I would say they are equally bad really and I'm sure bono would say that going to Juve is even worse than going to Inter.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Honestly, brick, when I read the title, I thought this thread would be a Juve bashing thread regarding their run of draws :pp

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was thinking how many will think that it's a thread about Juve while writing the title :D

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Good initiate, an execs thread is most welcome :)
On Capello, off course it is worse to join Inter + it is an easy position to take these days

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I'm surprised we don't have a thread of the rossoneri players and coaches that aren't among us anymore. Well they can still be on Earth and alive, but I mean those not involved with Milan on the pitch anymore :D

Today Gianni Rivera received UEFA's President's Award which has previously been given to players such as Raymond Kopa (2010), Eusébio (2009), Sir Bobby Charlton (2008) and Alfredo di Stéfano (2007). I haven't seen Rivera play but I've heard of his relay race in the Italian NT team with the interista Sandro Mazzola.

That sounds pretty awesome, like an early Pirlo :D

Oh and I saw this on twitter:

Capello: "I have never met Moratti. I will never join Inter because I'm a Milanista."

So in Capello's eyes it's worse to go from Milan to Inter than Milan to Juventus? That's a interesting stance to take, I would say they are equally bad really and I'm sure bono would say that going to Juve is even worse than going to Inter.
I personally hate the scums from Turin more than Inter. He probably meant it in the way that, unfortunately Milan management are, generally, on good terms with their counterparts in Juve :)yuck::yuck:) whereas with Inter that is not the case, still I view Inter as the lesser of the 2 evils for many reasons

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Youtube-style "thumbs-up if you got here thinking this was about Juve"

Good thread, though. I was really interested in seeing how van Basten would be as a manager, and have to say was pretty disillusioned by his choices so far.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Capello played for both Milan&Juve so I see it fair he coched both clubs:smileani:.As for him going to Inter can't really see it happening,by the way I think Leonardo will have a good chat with Guly,Coco,Helveg and Umit Davala lol.

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
14 and going strong :D
:pp

Oh I didn't know that Capello played in Juve, the quote makes more sense now.

van, Van Basten is just one of a lot of evidence that great players don't automatically become great coaches. I thought his Netherlands side was pretty good sometimes, but Marco's tactics were a little bit suspect at times. Then on the other hand you have coaches like Ancelotti who turned up pretty good.

Maybe midfielders make for better coaches? We have to wait and see how it goes for Pep when he leaves Barca, Conte, Montella, Luis Enrique and so on. As far as I know Allegri was a midfielder too, but he never was on a level such as those others mentioned. Same as Mourinho I think?

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Montella? :D

And yeah Allegri was a midfielder and although I believe he spent most of his career in the lower divisions, one season he actually managed to score 12 goals from midfield for Pescara in Serie A.

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Montella is doing good with Catania, only 2 points behind Inter right now.

But yeah I know he was an attacker, I put him there as he is the one that could prove if strikers can be good coaches too. I should've mentioned Dunga and Maradona too, but IMO both of those suck as coaches :D

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Bricke: yeah yeah yeah, admit you thought Montella was a midfielder ;)

Btw. back to Allegri, anybody remembers this amazing match from the 92/93 season? Allegri scores after just 50 seconds, then (after a Maldini equaliser and a fantastic Lentini goal) later adds a 2nd after he wins the ball, tackles his way through, performs a 1-2 and scores from 25 meters. Milan in the end manage to come back from 2-4 and wins 5-4 through a van Basten hattrick. Right in your face, Allegri! :eek:

UPozCBY6U9A

·
Administrator
52,913 Posts
Lol crazy ass game.

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nevah :stuckup:

Whoa nice find, that second goal by Allegri was awesome. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
lol, 8 goals in the first half.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Great game with many highlights, somehow just mostly impressed about the way Van Basten took down the ball on the 4th goal for Milan.
Also looked funny how Pescara all of a sudden were 3 man alone goal when the scored their 4th.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts

Btw. back to Allegri, anybody remembers this amazing match from the 92/93 season? Allegri scores after just 50 seconds, then (after a Maldini equaliser and a fantastic Lentini goal) later adds a 2nd after he wins the ball, tackles his way through, performs a 1-2 and scores from 25 meters. Milan in the end manage to come back from 2-4 and wins 5-4 through a van Basten hattrick. Right in your face, Allegri! :eek:

UPozCBY6U9A
Wow... Tyge... you are knowledgable... and old ;) I was a 12 old kiddo back then.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Wow... Tyge... you are knowledgable... and old ;) I was a 12 old kiddo back then.
Me too. I'm from 1980. I started playing in 86 and became a football geek wrt watching the game already around 1987, can remember most matches of the Danish NT from those years, and as for Milan, even if I started supporting (and watching occasionally, whenever they were broadcasted) Milan after the 1988 EC, I must confess I can't remember having seen this particular match, just something I came by as I searched for Allegri goals at youtube ;)

1 - 20 of 808 Posts