Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bring back the old Champions Cup, Cups' Winners Cup and UEFA Cup. The group stages of Champions League are so meaningless in most of cases that we have to wonder what is the point of them, bring back the good old knock out stages from the 1st round. Stop the national derbies in the Champions League, whether they are Milan-Juventus or Manchester Utd-Arsenal.... who cares? They suck, aren't there enough Juventus-Milan and Manchester Utd-Arsenal in national competitions? This system gives almost no chance to the clubs out of the main leagues, instead I want Steaua Bucarest, Red Star Beograd, Partizan Beograd, Sparta Praha, Dinamo Zagreb, IFK Goteborg... stop this pseudochampions League in which rich clubs of rich leagues become richer.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
The Champions League is fine.

It's the best club competition in the World.

If you don't want to see Man Utd vs Arsenal then it's up to La Liga and Serie A to improve.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Bring back the old Champions Cup, Cups' Winners Cup and UEFA Cup. The group stages of Champions League are so meaningless in most of cases that we have to wonder what is the point of them, bring back the good old knock out stages from the 1st round. Stop the national derbies in the Champions League, whether they are Milan-Juventus or Manchester Utd-Arsenal.... who cares? They suck, aren't there enough Juventus-Milan and Manchester Utd-Arsenal in national competitions? This system gives almost no chance to the clubs out of the main leagues, instead I want Steaua Bucarest, Red Star Beograd, Partizan Beograd, Sparta Praha, Dinamo Zagreb, IFK Goteborg... stop this pseudochampions League in which rich clubs of rich leagues become richer.

ah itz u komrade :D

bt da top 3 of england wud still get in2 da ucl semis wont they???

there can b no way we wil evr go back 2 da old system nw with all da money in da ucl bt i wish they wud do it :hopeful:

·
Legend
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
How is it not good?

The football is top class.
The stadiums are always full.

I lenjoy a Zagreb vs. Zvezda game as much as the next guy but if you can watch a United Barcelona final I am all for it. Maybe if the camera was focused only on the fans I'd pick the other games.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
It's the best club competition in the World..
if the semis are a reflection of that then we have different tastes, this year´s Libertadores will be much better then a bunch of shitty sides playing without any guts.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
If you don't want to see Man Utd vs Arsenal then it's up to La Liga and Serie A to improve.

And for people in Malasya, China,Singapore and your country to learn a bit of Italian and Spanish, otherwise it will be over. That is why La Liga has managed to fair a bit better lately than serie A, the language barrier is just more marketable.
Serie A sank first, for La Liga it won't be as bad bud already you see its gradual descent, even with Barca being the best team in the world.

No League will match the EPL in any forseeable future.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
stop this pseudochampions League in which rich clubs of rich leagues become richer.
Thats the key, too much money being made by the major clubs. Hard to see it happening, but I would love to see changes, especially the group stage which simply sucks.

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
if the semis are a reflection of that then we have different tastes, this year´s Libertadores will be much better then a bunch of shitty sides playing without any guts.
Takes guts to attack and defend.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I remember enjoining very much the all three old european competitions. Now there is not Cup Winners Cup, nobody cares about UefA, and CL is a joke with those meaningless groups stages. And every year is worse.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
The group stage in Libertadores stinks as well, Lit, there isn't much there either.

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
Thats the key, too much money being made by the major clubs. Hard to see it happening, but I would love to see changes, especially the group stage which simply sucks.
Only way to fix this is a salary cap. No one wants to see that though. A super league will happen.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
The group stage in Libertadores stinks as well, Lit, there isn't much there either.
the knock outs are usually better, much more tension, players go at it much more thougher and if that referee was in a Libertadores final he would probably be kicked off the pitch.

but yes group stage is so so, but there is a very good mix of teams once knock outs start.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Libertadores is a battle of the fittest, most resilient son of a bitch team out there.

CL is the battle of the best. Which is why Drogba spent half a game on the ground and then was a bad ass when the game finished.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Red Star might not exist after this summer...years of corruption and mismanagement have finally taken their toll. We're 20+ points behind Partizan, our players haven't been paid since last year and we just got beat by a second division side in the cup semi final. We're lightyears away from ever playing in that competition again... :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts