Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting from last week, I can say with ease, everybody interested in football in Bulgaria is in great euphoria. Apart from all the tickets being sold in no time people seem to be pretty excited about the game. You can often see shops selling the BUlgarian flag and other accessories in relation with our NT. Most of the people say we must definitely at least reach a draw. Other more skeptical state they are gonna bet against our team. We haven't defeated the Swedes for years and realistically speaking it doesn't look like we will this time. With major players missing-Stilian Petrov and Martin Petrov both suspended, Bojinov injured, the chosen squad would look like that:

Goalkeepers:
Zdravko Zdravkov – Chaykur Rizespor (Rize, TUR)
Dimitar Ivankov – Levski (Sofia)

Defenders:
Ivaylo Petkov – Kuban (Krasnodar, RUS)
Radostin Kishishev – Charlton Athletic (London, ENG)
Iliyan Stoyanov – JEF United (Chiba, JAP)
Georgi Markov – Levski (Sofia)
Asen Karaslavov – Slavia (Sofia)
Rosen Kirilov – Litex (Lovech)
Elin Topuzakov – Levski (Sofia)
Daniel Borimirov – Levski (Sofia)

Midfielders:
Stilyan Petrov – Celtic (Glasgow, SCO)
Aleksandar Aleksandrov – Istanbulspor (Istanbul, TUR)
Emil Gargorov – CSKA (Sofia)
Chavdar Yankov – Slavia (Sofia)
Blagoy Georgiev – Slavia (Sofia)
Asen Bukarev – Levski (Sofia)
Hristo Yanev – CSKA (Sofia)
Martin Kamburov – Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)

Forwards:
Zdravko Lazarov – Gaziantepspor (Gaziantep, TUR)
Martin Petrov – Wolfsburg (Wolfsburg, GER)
Vladimir Manchev – Levante (Levante, SPA)
Dimitar Berbatov – Bayer (Leverkusen, GER)
Georgi Ivanov – Samsunspor (Samsun, TUR)

Reserves:
Stoyan Kolev – Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) – goalkeeper
Dimitar Telkiyski – Levski (Sofia) – midfielder
Stoyko Sakaliev – Naftex (Burgas) - forward


The 20-player Swedish team:

Goalkeepers - Isaksson (Rennes), Hedman (Celtic); defenders: Edman (Tottenham), Hanson (Heerenveen), Lundkvist (Sundsvall), Lucic (Haken), Melberg (Aston Vila), Nilson (Southamptom), Ostlund (Feyenoord); Halves: Nilson and Svenson (Sauthampton), Alexanderson (Goteborg), Anderson (Malmo), Kallstrom (Rennes), Linderoth (Kopenhagen), Ljunberg (Arsenal), Wilhelmsson (Anderlecht); Strikers: Allback (Hansa), Ibrahimovic (Juventus), Jonson (Norwich), Rosenberg (Malmo).

I don't know how Stoichkov will succeed in filling in the gaps. Especially difficult will be Blagoy Georgiev's task who is supposed to take the place of Martin Petrov :broken:

:star:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,719 Posts
Gargorv broke his arm , so the number of casualties keeps growing:) yet, we'll beat them, each streak has to end one day, if not now and here, then in Stockholm, it will be even sweeter :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy1 said:
Gargorv broke his arm , so the number of casualties keeps growing:) yet, we'll beat them, each streak has to end one day, if not now and here, then in Stockholm, it will be even sweeter :)
oh, he did! well, what can I say, poor Gargorov, maybe this is not the right time to tell some personal anecdotes I have with/about him :howler:, anyeay, I can imagine him with a broken arm

I really think we will miss Marto incredibly much :depress:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,719 Posts
luba said:
oh, he did! well, what can I say, poor Gargorov, maybe this is not the right time to tell some personal anecdotes I have with/about him :howler:, anyeay, I can imagine him with a broken arm

I really think we will miss Marto incredibly much :depress:
Oh, come on tell these anecdotes,you wont find better occasion, you know "always look on the bright side of life" etc. And about marto -imo Yanev will be adequate replacement. Maybe you have some stories about Djudjeto too ?:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D naah, just about Badema, for example, I remember once, when he was still in Loko, a friend of mine and I were at some of their games and she insisted on us waiting for him after the game (that was a few years ago, don't think I would ever do this now!). So there we waited and when he finally went out of the stadium his girlfriend appeared and started an argument with my friend, obviously she was jealous and Badema made it worse ...with words and gestures, he was simply pathetic that day :rollani: :)

I hope you are not some football star under cover who will call him straight after reading this ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,719 Posts
luba said:
:D naah, just about Badema, for example, I remember once, when he was still in Loko, a friend of mine and I were at some of their games and she insisted on us waiting for him after the game (that was a few years ago, don't think I would ever do this now!). So there we waited and when he finally went out of the stadium his girlfriend appeared and started an argument with my friend, obviously she was jealous and Badema made it worse ...with words and gestures, he was simply pathetic that day :rollani: :)

I hope you are not some football star under cover who will call him straight after reading this ;)
ops, you caught me :eek: , im Markov, Georgi Markov......really im unable to pick brighter footballer for my alter ego, thanks for your suspicion :)
back to badema - apparently this scene has happened when he was still an warmblooded teenager, and now he is already young man with wonderful musketeers moustaches and im sure that they are symbol of the wisdom, maturity and gallantry gained through the years and blah blah...
another question - how tall was girfriend do you remember?:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy1 said:
another question - how tall was girfriend do you remember?:)
heheh, taller than him :tongue:
No, really, she was taller (and she still is I guess :) )

I like your irony :)
you are a fan of Levski, aren't you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Talking about euphoria... :)))



This is downtown, can u imagine... The tickets were sold at 5, 8 and ten leva (2.5, 4 and 5 euro respectively), now they are almost 40 leva on the black market and for BG that's a lot...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
ktotakoi said:
don't steal from the rival forum, tarbuh! thanks, appreciate it :smileani:

If you call topsport.bg a rival forum... I don't think many people read and write on both places...not to mention that this is a forum, the other one is a news website with the possibility to comment. If that's what you are talking about because that's where I saw the pic, you can see where it loads from.

If you're talking about sth else, please tell me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
luba said:
couldn't agree more :star: :cool:

Seriously - I trust that Zdravko Lazarov could be very good player against swedes, but would Ico bet on him? Remember on Euro04 what he did to the italian defence?
 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top