Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official Fossati is the new coach of La Seleccion.

He played attrative football with Danubio, and is leaving Liga now, in first place of their Libertadores group.

Don't know much about the style he plays, maybe some Liga fans can tell us, or maybe some of you saw the Danubio team, he coached that almost won the Uruguayin league, but did have the most overall points that year.

Let's hope he brings back Carini & Lembo, but most importantly, the strength of our defence, without giving up too much on the offence.

Obviously we wont be as offensive, but if you think about it, out the 5 games we played with JRC, 8 of our 11 came from 2 games (Bolivia & Brasil)

·
Registered
651 Posts
:)

Hopefully Fossatti can make the right selection decisions, and take us to the world cup.

I'm pretty sure that he plays a 3-5-2 formation which will need Lembo, and at least 2 defensive mids..

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manya said:
:)

Hopefully Fossatti can make the right selection decisions, and take us to the world cup.

I'm pretty sure that he plays a 3-5-2 formation which will need Lembo, and at least 2 defensive mids..
I hope the second defensive mid is P.Garcia, and Sosa being the 1st.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeah hopefully.

But the main concerns would be the 2 wingers. Who should he play in those positions? SHould he play Regueiro on the left, or even give Castillo a call up for this position??

-------------------Carini

------Bizera-----Lembo----Rodriguez

????-------Sosa--------Garcia-----?????

-------------------Recoba

------------Pandiani----Chevanton

If he is looking to play a big role for the wingers, we need a targetman with a good header and Pandiani is the best in the business at that:cool:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
----------------Carini-----------------

---Lembo--Montero--Rodriguez--

------------Sosa---Garcia-----------

--Varela----------------------Nuñez--

----------------Recoba----------------

----Dario Silva--------Chevanton--

Would be my ideal lineup.. and i think Fossati's will look something like this.. He was the coach of nuñez and sosa at danubio so i think those two will stay..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Carini
Sorondo - (Montero or Lembo) - Rodriguez

N.Olivera - (P.Garcia or de los santos) - Regueiro

D.Silva - Recoba - Chevanton

-----------Pandiani----------------

Subs:
Varela, Morales, Tais, Guigou, Manua

i liked the 2002 line up without Abreau ofcourse, but i have no idea who would be our strongest man in the central midfield role?
Last time Fabian o'niel got injured!

Castillo is a traitor, i think he is going to play for Mexico

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
UrUgUaYaN said:
Carini

N.Olivera - (P.Garcia or de los santos) - Regueiro

D.Silva - Recoba - Chevanton

-----------Pandiani----------------

Subs:
Varela, Morales, Tais, Guigou, Manua

i liked the 2002 line up without Abreau ofcourse, but i have no idea who would be our strongest man in the central midfield role?
Last time Fabian o'niel got injured!

Castillo is a traitor, i think he is going to play for Mexico
????
That is totally not Fossati's style.. he play's a 3-4-1-2

·
Registered
322 Posts
---------------------Carini---------------------

N.Olivera ---- P.Garcia --- de los santos)- Regueiro

------------Recoba - -------------

--Pandiani---Chevanton

That better Mathias???
i dont care about the formation as long as the line up has good players and we win games

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
UrUgUaYaN said:

i dont care about the formation as long as the line up has good players and we win games
that's what we need now. anyone know who will be playing on the 28th ? 31 players called up to train in the Atletico Madrid Facilities for three days before the fifa date.. they are..

Nelson Abeijon (Cagliari), Diego Alonso (Málaga), Fabián Canobbio (Valencia), Fabián Carini (Standard Lieja), Ernesto Javier Chevanton (Lecce), Fernando Corrrea (Mallorca), Gonzalo De los Santos (Atlético de Madrid), Javier Delgado (Saturn Region de Moscú), Diego Forlán (Manchester United), Pablo García (Osasuna), Cristian González (Las Palmas), Gianni Guigou (Siena), Alejandro Lembo (Betis), Martín Ligüera (Mallorca), Diego López (Cagliari), Paolo Montero (Juventus), Richard Morales (Osasuna), Gustavo Munúa (Deportivo La Coruña), Alvaro Núñez (Numancia), Richard Núñez (Grasshopper), Antonio Pacheco (Albacete), Walter Pandiani (Deportivo La Coruña), Alvaro Recoba (Inter de Milan), Mario Regueiro (Racing de Santander), Darío Silva (Sevilla), Darío Rodríguez (Schalke 04), Marcelo Romero (Málaga), Gonzalo Sorondo (Standard Lieja), Marcelo Sosa (Spartak de Moscú), Washington Tais (Betis) y Gustavo Varela (Schalke 04).

·
Registered
322 Posts
i think there is a training camp from the 28th to the 31st in Madrid, but there is no friendly, the first game for FOssatti is agaisnt Peru!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Its almost confirmed we will play Atletico Madrid in a friendly.. after the training which Recoba won't be a part of :(..

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mathias04 said:
Its almost confirmed we will play Atletico Madrid in a friendly.. after the training which Recoba won't be a part of :(..
We have to be patient with Recoba. He got injured again on the weekend, and left Inter's game against Bolonga before half time.

We want to make sure he is ready for Peru. Some say this may be special treatment, and it is, but not only because of his superior skill, but because he has always done what was asked of him. He has earned his special treament.

·
Registered
322 Posts
ASUNCION, April 19 (Reuters) - Nacional striker Sebastian Eguren and Cobreloa defender Adan Vergara were both banned for six months on Monday for failing doping tests in the Libertadores Cup, the South American Football Confederation (CSF) said

NOT GOOD

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think Dario Silva is going to be back. I read an article that said Fossati, was very pleased that he would come to train, with the NT even tough he might not able to do most of the training.

Actually Dario is going to be there before the coaches even arrive.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unfortunately they both have fallen off track in their careers.

I'm sure they both have money now. So its time to come back home, and resharpen their skills. Especially Ruben, what a bad choice he made by not going to Brasil, to sit on the bench at Atletico.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Sebastian50 said:
Unfortunately they both have fallen off track in their careers.

I'm sure they both have money now. So its time to come back home, and resharpen their skills. Especially Ruben, what a bad choice he made by not going to Brasil, to sit on the bench at Atletico.
He doesn't even sit the bench..another Liguera and Hornos..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts