Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So says Sir Trevor Brooking. Do you agree.

Don't see them winning any major trophy anytime soon. You need a bit of skill to win against tough and technically superior teams like Holland, Argentina, Brazil, Portugal

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Calcio100 said:
So says Sir Trevor Brooking. Do you agree.

Don't see them winning any major trophy anytime soon. You need a bit of skill to win against tough and technically superior teams like Holland, Argentina, Brazil, Portugal
I would agree against Brazil but no way i see them losing to Argentina or even Holland for that matter because of there skill.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
England definately lacks skill when compared to some of the other nations, however at the same time skill doesn't neccessarily guarantee success. Look at Spain for example. We always play a nice skillful style, however many times we fail to be effective and direct which is needed many times in a WC. Any team can win on any given day, skill or no skill.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Brooking is not saying our NT can't win anything, he is talking about the yoot players we have as a whole being less technical than many of the other top nations, academies shouldn't have to teach kids basic techniques and in a lot of cases they do.

I agree with Brooking.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
FiveMagics said:
El Blanco Pele.
:howler:

Do you know that "El blanco" is in spanish right?
To compare someone with a brazilian player, you should use portuguese, like : "O Pelé Branco". :tongue:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Il_Capitano! said:
there isnt anyone in the England N who is technically gifted, maybe Rooney a BIT but bar him, there's none.
What is technically gifted to you? So basically, Juve only has Zlatan and perhaps Del Piero that is technically gifted players in your opinion?

1 - 20 of 166 Posts