Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm pretty gutted. Its looking like Roy is gone, if not for good then from his position as mod at least. So that leaves us with a big hole to fill.

I'm not sure what procedure is, but in the event that Roy DOESN'T decide to come back, I'd like to nominate GOLA for the job as co moderator of the United Forum. He's a stand up guy, well liked by all, a red and has some previous experience in this type of role.
Plus he is a man of principle, so I believe, and I think we will see him keep to the same level of integrity as Roy.

I hope the powers that be, give him some consideration.

But I repeat, this is only if Roy does not decide to come back.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Nothing is over till the fat Admin sings my man. ;)

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
The end of an era
Hopefully not:)

However if Roy does leave then I think it would be best if Freddie and Goal both become mods of this forum.Roy also thinks the same,since I am not always around and also with the kind of traffic we have been getting the last few months,I think three mods would be ideal:)

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
I still hope Roy will re-consider and stay on, but if it's needed, I'll take his spot. As Shafiq said, three mods would be ideal. So another should be appointed too. :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Freddie: Its Ok dude. Btw, check your PMs. :)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Roy sounded alrite last week though. The Tiger incident sure made him very very upset. I hope he changes his mind.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
gola would make a great mod and so would si. both are regular posters and are level-headed. roy said last month that he'd be leaving sooner or later to go to the army, so i doubt his premature departure can be delayed.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
I think he's starting his service as of June so its really far away from him right now.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I'm very disapointed to hear that Roy is quitting xtratime, although I can understand his feelings. What I do hope is that it's not an open and shut case, and that he'll stop by on occasions, if only just to say hello!:)

That said, even if the Frank incident hadn't occured we'd still be looking for another FM come June this year. My honest thoughts are that Freddie would make a good FM. Maybe Beefo as his apprentice, although that would perhaps be a controversial decision amongst the FM's;)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
RazorUK said:
That said, even if the Frank incident hadn't occured we'd still be looking for another FM come June this year. My honest thoughts are that Freddie would make a good FM. Maybe Beefo as his apprentice, although that would perhaps be a controversial decision amongst the FM's;)
why?:confused:

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Firstly you've been here 2 months, secondly, you were not exactly tactful regarding the Tigerheart situation;)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
For the record, i personally don't plan on removing Roy's name from the FM list just yet. I plan to give him a bit of time to reconsider and decide what he wants to do. If he does leave, then I welcome any suggestions you give for a succesor. :)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
RazorUK said:
Firstly you've been here 2 months, secondly, you were not exactly tactful regarding the Tigerheart situation;)
try three and i'm always going to say what i think.:cool:

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Fred Elliot said:

good on ya Beef. Don't ever change;)
i don't intend too. i won't have my views suppressed just to fit in. every one has a right to their own opinion and as long as they can justify then god save deomocracy!:) :angel:

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good! I for one want this forum to be a place where we all feel comfortable speaking our minds on issues (without resorting to personal insults or unprincipled behaviour:) ) without fear of being judged too harshly. On a similar note, I've noticed a difference in your postings over the last week or so Beefy. A positive difference.
Keep it up, I'm enjoying reading your opinions on things, even though you seem to disagree with me a lot more these days;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts