Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now is not the time to be sad or angry. Now is the time to reflect on all of the glorious times that this Milan team has given us. It is a time to remain proud, proud that we support the greatest and most successful club side in the world.

Its been clear to all of us for a while now that change is needed at Milan. Tonights result will act as a catalyst for the change needed.

Milan will return stronger than ever. We may have to be patient, but we are AC Milan and we will be back.

With respect and in defiance ... FORZA MILAN!

·
Registered
43,414 Posts
if it is an end, or an end and a beginning or just a small transitional phase ... we know that yet not. But it surely is the end of one era - the ERA OF PAOLO MALDINI! I just cant start telling you what I feel right now ... its been all my life. It will be hard, impossible to see a Milan without him.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
AC Milan: Grazie :proud:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
There's always a silver lining, and it is the fact that the management must surely dip into their pockets now and revitalise this ageing squad. We are going to have a few retirements, possibly a new coach (not that I am criticizing Ancelotti, but I believe that Berlusconi might decide it's time for a change), so hopefully we can build a new side shortly.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
That's the least you can say if it wasn't already bloody obvious based on the results we've had this season. Last season we played dissapointing for a lenghty time, then woke up in March and played some excellent football, delivered when it counted and eventually got our payback on Liverpool in the final. After the final whistle it was the end of an era. We should have just replaced half of the team and started the next. Instead they were all rewarded with contract renewals and fresh confidence and we hardly brought in anyone of a value apart from 17 year old Pato that couldn't play a minute before he turned 18. And those dismal mistakes from our managment really show when we've hardly won a home game this season or even having enormous problems scoring a goal.

I normally would had have been thrilled to draw Arsenal cause we hadn't met them since the mid 90's in the supercup when we beat an all English team (0-0, 2-0) :lala: but with the aformentioned problems of aging players past their prime, players out of form and players just coming back from injuries it wasn't the best time to play the young Arsenal with an average age of about 23, full of confidence, pace and willingness to archive success, something that we so badly lack this season. Although both teams missed and ridicolous amount of passes and Arsenal especially missed many crazy goal chances cause of poor finishing aswell, I don't think there was any doubt who was the better team after 180 minutes. We stand defeated and can only congratulate Arsenal for playing better.

The thing is that I saw this coming by far, I didn't have high hopes for this Serie A season or CL campaign and I'm not even bitter for losing, more relieved that this is the start of something new. The only thing we can do now is to wait til the summer and rebuild the team from the ground with plenty of new blood. On the other hand we've already won anything (CL, World Club Championship) so it's time to let someone else get a chance ;) Good luck to whoever wins the CL this year, I'm sure we'll be back eventually, great clubs always do!.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Yep, let's remember that we are still the current holders of:

Club World Cup
Champions League
European Super Cup

Not to mention the Golden Ball for Kaka.

There is a lot to be proud of.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Right before i came to the forum that is what my first though was....
It is the end of a another glorious milan era!
It was a great era, but now is the time for change.
We will still need guys like Nesta, Kaka, Pirlo, Gattuso and Pato to be the backbone of that era, but we need fresh blood especially in the defense.
We were really severely knocked down today.
However this Milan team will not be kept down. We can still salvage this season by at least making the CL which will make the rebuilding process much easier over the summer.
Grazie Milan for all the wonderful moments and there are many more, but we just must be patient especially with the likes of Pato.
FORZA MILAN!!!
This is the time when our beloved milan needs our support the most!!! It is very easy to cheer on our beloved team when things are going good and winning, but we must also show our support when times are rough!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Ma bella squadra!!!! Grazie Milan!!!!!!

It's not over! It's the start of new and even more prosporous era!!!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Of course, Milan will be back stronger. Milan is all class, the classiest club in the world. Things like these happen.

FORZA MILAN!

·
Registered
451 Posts
It'll probably take two or three seasons until Milan reach the new era. I wonder what kind of enforcements will be brought in this summer. I think it'll be built around Kaka and Pato.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Galliani is convinced it's not an end of an era!

·
va' fancul
1,958 Posts
I don't agree that the era is over. We seem to be in the UCL final every other year and I think next year won't be any different after management is forced to make some real improvements.

The Maldini era looks to be over and that deserves a thread of its own at the very least.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Galliani is convinced it's not an end of an era!
Dear god. You know why? Because he's the moron who bought the players to the club who've made no difference at all. All the freebie fups.

He should be the 1st one with his head on the block, not Carlo or anyone else.

·
Registered
43,414 Posts
Dear god. You know why? Because he's the moron who bought the players to the club who've made no difference at all. All the freebie fups.

He should be the 1st one with his head on the block, not Carlo or anyone else.
but he also is the moron who brought all the players that made the difference the last 5 years (and more). dont be such a .... ;)

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Bono, one should admit that there is something fishy going up their at top management. Gallian & Co. have had succesfull transfer policy since they took over Management mid 1980's. However, the last 2 years is a complete opposite of what a typical Galliani would do, and that makes you wonder.

The reports that surfased 2 years ago about a struggle of power between Paolo Berloscuni and Galliani somehow make sense now; even it was deemed as a rumor that time. I think Beloscuni's unwillingness to spend in the last 2 years or to at least address our most needs tells something.

If reports are right, and Milan to spend Euro 100M next season, I want us to build a competative squad and build for another 10-15 year era.

Forza Milan! Milan Campione!

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Kaka Leads Calls For Change.

goal.com

·
Registered
24,128 Posts
If reports are right, and Milan to spend Euro 100M next season, I want us to build a competative squad and build for another 10-15 year era.

Normally you only build for a 5 year era, 10 at most. After that you need a new era, like us, now.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Normally you only build for a 5 year era, 10 at most. After that you need a new era, like us, now.
Origiannly my post was 5-10, then I thought, what the hell; we are Da Milan :proud:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Bono, one should admit that there is something fishy going up their at top management. Gallian & Co. have had succesfull transfer policy since they took over Management mid 1980's. However, the last 2 years is a complete opposite of what a typical Galliani would do, and that makes you wonder.

The reports that surfased 2 years ago about a struggle of power between Paolo Berloscuni and Galliani somehow make sense now; even it was deemed as a rumor that time. I think Beloscuni's unwillingness to spend in the last 2 years or to at least address our most needs tells something.

You make it sound so simple dabdob. We go forward now with serenity and humility....and ofcourse gratitude for all the the good fortune we've been blessed with since the turn of the century...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts