Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Batigol, I think, is the most complete striker in the last 15 years (post van Basten).....

Ronaldo?...quite on par or even better than Bati...but lacks aerial abilities, or shooting power (freekicks come into mind)

Romario?...as above

Henry and Sheva come close to comparison, but aren't as clinical as bati....and don't think their shots are such thunderbolts...

RVN & Pippo: clinical, yet poachers...don't have much hand on build-ups

Samu Eto'o: clinical, powerful, tactically aware, takes spot kicks, good header, takes part in build-up plays.....(and the closest to the Bati kind...)

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Batistuta was unique. Same nose for goal from 1 meter or 20 meters. Didn't matter. Kill you from anywhere.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Batigol, I think, is the most complete striker in the last 15 years (post van Basten).....

Ronaldo?...quite on par or even better than Bati...but lacks aerial abilities, or shooting power (freekicks come into mind)

Romario?...as above

Henry and Sheva come close to comparison, but aren't as clinical as bati....and don't think their shots are such thunderbolts...

RVN & Pippo: clinical, yet poachers...don't have much hand on build-ups

Samu Eto'o: clinical, powerful, tactically aware, takes spot kicks, good header, takes part in build-up plays.....(and the closest to the Bati kind...)
Forget about striker, as a goalscorer on the top of his game Romario was the best of that bunch.

Etoo and Bati are hardly twins...apart from scoring a lot...Sheva and Henry are pretty much opposite players, Ronaldo was more of just a forward and in many regards, the way he ran the pitch, is the closest of what Etoo does, but not of what Etoo is...

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fangio, i understand what ur saying and i already stated about being the better player and such....
My argument isn't based on who the better player is, but merely on who the most complete striker is...and i know you won't doubt Bati being better than Romario in that aspect...

Sheva and Henry...never said they were of same kind...just that they are 2 of the most complete forwards we have in recent history...
Eto'o has better aerial ability compared to Ronaldo, and may also have better shooting abilities (i doubt this one though)....

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Ronaldo didn't lack shooting power. I don't think Eto'o is a complete striker. His finishing is OK, but he's not as clinical as the van Nistelrooys of the world, and he's not particularly great in the air.
I don't think of Batistuta as a complete striker either. He wasn't noted for his pace or his dribbling ability, which isn't to say he wasn't an incredible striker, because he was - just not what I'd call complete. If there's a striker today who reminds me of Batistuta's style it's Gilardino.

·
18,041 Posts
Fangio, i understand what ur saying and i already stated about being the better player and such....
My argument isn't based on who the better player is, but merely on who the most complete striker is...and i know you won't doubt Bati being better than Romario in that aspect...

Sheva and Henry...never said they were of same kind...just that they are 2 of the most complete forwards we have in recent history...
Eto'o has better aerial ability compared to Ronaldo, and may also have better shooting abilities (i doubt this one though)....
Let's play a typical xtratime game...

- Bati couldn't dribble a rock
- That rock must hit you in your head ****, he didn't even need it
- To what? score goals? what was Romario doing?..I tell you, he was banging your mother, while scoring with his balls and dribbling with his butt your gay father's cock
- Don't worry your mother is already pregnant by Bati directly from Firenze to Chernobyl, she can't be that ugly, she must be from there...BTW Bati shoots hard you know? while my mother is still wondering if Romario is going to start at some point, while my father takes no pleasure with the hole size of that Carnaval arse.
- You both are slowly reaching the point of being banned...
- yeah here comes the Van Basten Marshall Law Deputy, I allways wonder why no one puts Holland where really belongs in the maps, right in the middle of the Artic...
- Stop it, your crossing to many boundaries!
- Artic ones? yeah babe come here and light my fire, but try to not do it beside Bergkamp or even thata african Henry, they will melt...
- Henry ain't cold, he is refreshing...
- Refreshing like Amauri in the azurri?
- Not that's old stuff, like Trez can't dribble a rock, neither could Bati or Crespo or Palermo
- Shut up fvcker! Trez is a champ!
- Where in Betwin? I bet he has some inside info
- Ibra talent shits all over all of them..
- As long as he doesn't shit himself when matters..I give him he can dribble rocks
- Is etoo French? because I watched last time and he looked black
- Nope, Higuain is.
- ...Another new Maradona
- I think he ain't an adict, thought that white shirt looks suspicious
- Lampard is the best player in the world and Gatusso is a legend
- Ok thread close.

BUT If we actually are going to find some aspects in common to some characteristics of the above mentioned, maybe some of those aren't in a an strict technical football ability and can be find in the menthal aspect.

If sthg shares Etoo with Bati, is that menthal strenght to rise above their limitations, specially Bati (with the addition in him of some out of the ordinary abilities: shooting technic, stamina and sheer power in every aspect) above impediments, above anyone, anywhere...

both different, with different abilties, styles, Etoo in fact is closer to a Ronaldo or Wheah than Bati for instance.

This means that the rest mentioned didn't have that edge? nope they had it, but they were more gifted, specially regarding Bati, Etoo is quite gifted, not smooth, not silky, but more than capable when on third march to leave behind players behind and to take that time in the area to dribble, "amagar" and mainly improvise or use some pause...

whom is the better player, will depend on what team you create and what you ask of them, they both can survive with their own styles and achieves, sitting side by side, but are very different players stylewise.

Romario didn't had the aerial power of Bati or his shot, but he wasn't shaby in those either and he was the coldest mother ****er and an extremely talented player from these bunch, that scored as he pleased.

Complete or not complete, depending on any subjective opinion, there are his numbers and succees and he did it all the time like saying: "hi I'm Romario, I own my team and yours..I have a party at two o clock, let's finish this asap"..como dijo Valdano en su mejor momento Romario era un jugador de dibujitos animados.

Being simplistic and playing a game of similarities, we can make group of cousins, style wise:

Ibra, Kluivert, Kanu...

Ronaldo, Kempes, Wheah...

Bati..more or less...Adriano...more or less...Schearer, Klinsmann

Owen, Saviola...

Trez, Palermo, Luca T....

Van Nilsteroy, Crespo (this one navigates with this one and the Trez bunch)

Bierhoff, Jardel...

Sheva, Signori, Careca...

Muller, Inzaghi, etc..

Raul was at the top of his game a hard palyer to include in one group, if the key word is striker or even support striker...now he is in Muller's one

Romario is in Romario's bunch...mainly because he had attributes of past more all around forwards, but he felt himslef as mainly a box and surrounding areas player.

Van Basten was as devastating with the silky approach can have any of the new Ibras or whomever

And all in all? I can thing not few OTHER reasons to separate almost all of them from the groups I just made...

·
18,041 Posts
Ronaldo didn't lack shooting power. I don't think Eto'o is a complete striker. His finishing is OK, but he's not as clinical as the van Nistelrooys of the world, and he's not particularly great in the air.
I don't think of Batistuta as a complete striker either. He wasn't noted for his pace or his dribbling ability, which isn't to say he wasn't an incredible striker, because he was - just not what I'd call complete. If there's a striker today who reminds me of Batistuta's style it's Gilardino.
that's an odd paring, but like I said above, we can find as many reasons to make pairings as many reasons to separate them.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gilardino??....crack really works sometime huh?

yes, not noted for his dribbles, but pace??..pace??...watch Bati pre 97 and tell me 5 faster strikers than him....please do that as soon as possible

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
You wrote all that on the subject of strikers, Fangio, and not a single Piojo Lopez reference? :(

Benzema looks pretty complete.

·
18,041 Posts
Piojo was an awesome winger, it was awesome seeing him exploring the vast unlimited land of the OFF PITCH without hesitation, while trying to conduct the ball...he was beyond any football field, he was so beyond football that he didn't even belong to it, he was an alien, an ex beisbol palyer alien...

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
That's more like it :thumbsup: although I would've liked to see him mentioned more in passing while you discussed someone else.

·
Registered
45,332 Posts
LOL @ Fangio's post - scathing criticism of this forum. :D

Anyway, my thoughts on Ibra aside (i.e. he's in his own category), I reckon that if Batigol had a cousin, it would be Vieri. Not entirely similar in terms of technique but they both had a keen instinct for goal and could shoot from anywhere. Batigol knew more about what he was doing though; that's for sure.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Stop foolin

Batistuta has been a limited sawker playa by any meanz. Can't dribble to save his life, can't pass, can't assist, can't create, slow. Only his awesome shooting abilities made him survive as a playa (sayin that a good mid team playa only)

·
18,041 Posts
hehe..and here we go! it might end ina Serie A vs EPl in no time

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
- To what? score goals? what was Romario doing?..I tell you, he was banging your mother, while scoring with his balls and dribbling with his butt your gay father's cock
- Don't worry your mother is already pregnant by Bati directly from Firenze to Chernobyl, she can't be that ugly, she must be from there...BTW Bati shoots hard you know? while my mother is still wondering if Romario is going to start at some point, while my father takes no pleasure with the hole size of that Carnaval arse.
- yeah here comes the Van Basten Marshall Law Deputy, I allways wonder why no one puts Holland where really belongs in the maps, right in the middle of the Artic...
- Artic ones? yeah babe come here and light my fire, but try to not do it beside Bergkamp or even thata african Henry, they will melt...
- Not that's old stuff, like Trez can't dribble a rock, neither could Bati or Crespo or Palermo
- As long as he doesn't shit himself when matters..I give him he can dribble rocks
- Nope, Higuain is.
- Ok thread close.
:excited:

Fangio, your monologue just beats the best dialogues xtratimes Gods can offer. As such you're an ultimate proof of the supremacy of Divine Unity. I bow to you.

EDIT: Samu shits all over Batistuta, and in his whole career Bati never had enough hair to wipe big Eto'o's ass.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Let's play a typical xtratime game...

- Nope, Higuain is.
- Ok thread close.

BUT If we actually are going to find some aspects in common to some characteristics of the above mentioned, maybe some of those aren't in a an strict technical football ability and can be find in the menthal aspect.

If sthg shares Etoo with Bati, is that menthal strenght to rise above their limitations, specially Bati (with the addition in him of some out of the ordinary abilities: shooting technic, stamina and sheer power in every aspect) above impediments, above anyone, anywhere...

both different, with different abilties, styles, Etoo in fact is closer to a Ronaldo or Wheah than Bati for instance.

This means that the rest mentioned didn't have that edge? nope they had it, but they were more gifted, specially regarding Bati, Etoo is quite gifted, not smooth, not silky, but more than capable when on third march to leave behind players behind and to take that time in the area to dribble, "amagar" and mainly improvise or use some pause...

whom is the better player, will depend on what team you create and what you ask of them, they both can survive with their own styles and achieves, sitting side by side, but are very different players stylewise.

Romario didn't had the aerial power of Bati or his shot, but he wasn't shaby in those either and he was the coldest mother ****er and an extremely talented player from these bunch, that scored as he pleased.

Complete or not complete, depending on any subjective opinion, there are his numbers and succees and he did it all the time like saying: "hi I'm Romario, I own my team and yours..I have a party at two o clock, let's finish this asap"..como dijo Valdano en su mejor momento Romario era un jugador de dibujitos animados.

Being simplistic and playing a game of similarities, we can make group of cousins, style wise:

Ibra, Kluivert, Kanu...

Ronaldo, Kempes, Wheah...

Bati..more or less...Adriano...more or less...Schearer, Klinsmann

Owen, Saviola...

Trez, Palermo, Luca T....

Van Nilsteroy, Crespo (this one navigates with this one and the Trez bunch)

Bierhoff, Jardel...

Sheva, Signori, Careca...

Muller, Inzaghi, etc..

Raul was at the top of his game a hard palyer to include in one group, if the key word is striker or even support striker...now he is in Muller's one

Romario is in Romario's bunch...mainly because he had attributes of past more all around forwards, but he felt himslef as mainly a box and surrounding areas player.

Van Basten was as devastating with the silky approach can have any of the new Ibras or whomever

And all in all? I can thing not few OTHER reasons to separate almost all of them from the groups I just made...
lol
where is Humbird? excellent material for the fangism thread :thumbsup:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
disagree

he never lacked shooting power and he scored tons of goals outside the box. Also he was a very good freekick taker at Inter but he never continued taking them after he left inter.

Romario?...as above
Romario despite size had a great header and for shoot ability he was complete.

Both are nothing like him as you say, but Sheva was a very good finisher and his shots were strong.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts