Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Further developement in the mercato. These are the names discussed as Crespo's replacement.

Kluivert
Milosevic
Montella
Salas
Jancker
Koller
Elber
Wiltord

Nobody knows anything I guess...

Bolano, Angel and Husain will be on loan to Bologna next year. Vanoli will be sold either to Fiorentina or Inter.

Malesani says that the team spirit and happy players are more important than the 3-4-1-2 scheme. So maybe we will play in another way this season after all.

Finally, it seems that we have signed the brazilian Junior from Palmeiras. He's a left sided defender/midfielder, isn't he?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
We still want Salas? screw the guy Tanzi,he wont come anyway...

About Crespo's replacement,I like all names apart from Jancker and Koller.I would also do not want Wiltord because we need a taller and stronger forward.Whoever wee get from the other's I'm satisfied although I prfer Milosevic.

No 3-4-1-2? then what are we going to do with our defencive midfielders? I want to see both of them play...

Junior is a left back/wing-back/midfielder/attacking midfielder/forward.He can cover the whole left side while he can also play at central midfield or behind the forwards.But he is mainly a left sided player.I think he holds a Portuguese passport.He plays for Palmeiras so everything is easier.Great player with great techinque but he can be EXTREMELLY NASTY sometimes.And when I say nasty I mean nasty.Hitting players deliberatly,murdering tackles,pulling shirts,ears,hair...things which are ok in Brazil but mean red card in Europe.Still a great player.I'll be extremlly glad if we get him on our left side.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Rubens Junior? I dont think he is good enough for Parma...I mean the guy is so average,does he impress you willem?

I also forgot that Junior has one of the best crosses.So if we get a tall forward he would definitely have the proper feeding from Fuser/Conceicao and Junior.

Junior is not in the national team very often because Roberto Carlos and Athirson are in front of him.Still he gets calls occasionaly.

VERDI,who reported the deal? Gazzetta? is it done?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Well i saw a game of Porto whitout him and they lost 4-2, but the game after that he played and PPPOOOFF... the defense was a lot more solid, BTW I havn't really seen him much, but it's still weird that we just let him go to Porto like that... then at least they had to give us Deco:)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
bTW how do you know so much about him, have you seen some Palmeiras games latly.

He would be very nice, he's also a defender and we need one of those!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I've seen about 5 Palmeiras games this season.

He can cover the whole left side.At Palmeiras he usually played as left back but at one game he was playing behind the forwards,replacing Alex who was banned! As you understand he has great technique and is ultra offencive.

What worries me though is his playing style.He may get a lot of cards,and many of them red.He is definitely what I would call "a good buy" in the pitch.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the Junior deal was reported by Gazzetta. I couldn't quite tell if the deal was done or if it was very close. Nothing is official yet though and I guess that's what matters at the end of the day...

Hmm... Malesani didn't exactly say that he was going to dump his 3-4-1-2 either. :) He just said that other things are more important to a team and continued by saying that he would like the same spirit in Parma as in the national team.

As for Crespo's replacement. If Junior have those great crosses and that Conceicao doesn't refuse to come I would like Koller. The guy is more than 2 meters and with proper feeding he would score 20 goals with his head alone. Then it doesn't matter how lousy he is with his feet. Besides, we have Amoroso too...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bierhoff won't come. He want to play in England or Germany if he can't stay with Milan...

The real problem with Bierhoff is his age though...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Milosevic can head as well,plus he can use his feet unlike the other two.

If we could reach Kluivert...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, who's your team then "Almeyda+Parma"? Now that Almeyda is a Parma player it can only be Parma, right? Or are you one of them glory hunters?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts