Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has happened to Tore Andre Flo? In the 98' WC he looked a great prospect for Norway and he was. When he was in his last months at Chelsea it looked like his form had just dipped but now in the big games he just does not look like the Flo we used to so a few years ago.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Well I would think that you who probably see him a lot more than us would be better equipped to know right now. But I will still have a little brainstorm on it. He has always gone through good and rough periods, the last few years he has seemed less good on the national team than he used to be, even when his form for the club team is at its best. He hasn't scored for the national team in years. I think that as a striker he needs a lot of confidence, and he also as a professional footballer needs a brain for football. I think he lacks a bit of both. As for his confidence, I think he dropped a little of that, when the new Rangers manager started with dropping him from the team, and when it comes to an eye for football, it seems as if he is too fond of dribbling his way through a defence, when(even if he is decent with the ball) is clearly not his strongest side. However, he probably has several good years left, if he can only get up his confidence. To do that, he needs to score in Scotland, and make a comeback and score on the national team in an important match...then and only then will we see the best of Flo.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Flo has always been a greedy player. I think the money has got to his head. He wants to earn money, not to play soccer. Besides it looks like there is something wrong with his intelligence, a bit naive player.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Yeah, I pretty much agree. Flo needs confidence to play well, and the new manager hasn't exactly put much trust on his shoulders.. He can do incredible things when in form, like his hat-trick against Barcelona (the bastard).. but if he's benched a lot, he becomes a bit timid and don't give it his best shot on the field.. start messing around and just setting up others instead of taking the shots himself. It's a shame, I hoped the trip to Scotland would build his confidence back up, and he was getting better... but now it seems to crash and burn cause of the manager-change.

And Flo isn't a greedy player at all, he just wants to play football, and when he doesn't get to, he starts thinking too much instead of trusting his instincts.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Jinxter said:

And Flo isn't a greedy player at all, he just wants to play football, and when he doesn't get to, he starts thinking too much instead of trusting his instincts.
i totaly agree

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Flo was a panic buy, even at Chelsea he was never £12m material, however that's not his fault. I think he'll be sold but if not he needs to get his head down, word hard and get some goals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts