Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we are all voting for the squad we want currently in my polls and with just the forwards to come (I will do these tomorrow, thought it was best to wait for the Spain game to finish).

However lets predict the Donadoni squad, I am now beginning to be fairly confident that most of his squad has been chosen.

Buffon, Amelia, Abbiati

Oddo, Grosso, Zambrotta, Panucci, Chiellini, Barzagli, Materazzi, Cannavaro

De Rossi, Pirlo, Perrotta, Aquilani, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Camoranesi

Quagliarella, Di Natale, Borriello, Toni, Iaquinta

------------------------------------------------------------

I cant see much changing this squad at the moment either unless there are injuries, I believe the reserves are these for each position

GK: Curci
SB: Cassetti
CB: Gamberini
CM: Montolivo/Palombo (depending which mid gets injured)
SM: Palladino
ST: Gilardino

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
That will most likely be the team.............I'm just hoping Iaquinta isn't called up and Cassano is instead. If not Cassano, then Rossi should be called up, he has earned it in my opinion

·
Administrator
53,225 Posts
I wouldnt mind if Donadoni went crazy for a sec if a serious injury happens, and he calls up Rossi :pp Even more unlikely but sweeter, Giovinco :D

As I was saying to CT in the match thread, this squad has already chosen itself a long time ago, so there is really no room for speculation. We know what the final squad will be.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Well we are all voting for the squad we want currently in my polls and with just the forwards to come (I will do these tomorrow, thought it was best to wait for the Spain game to finish).

However lets predict the Donadoni squad, I am now beginning to be fairly confident that most of his squad has been chosen.

Buffon, Amelia, Abbiati

Oddo, Grosso, Zambrotta, Panucci, Chiellini, Barzagli, Materazzi, Cannavaro

De Rossi, Pirlo, Perrotta, Aquilani, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Camoranesi

Quagliarella, Di Natale, Borriello, Toni, Iaquinta

------------------------------------------------------------

I cant see much changing this squad at the moment either unless there are injuries, I believe the reserves are these for each position

GK: Curci
SB: Cassetti
CB: Gamberini
CM: Montolivo/Palombo (depending which mid gets injured)
SM: Palladino
ST: Gilardino
Quag, Palladino and Gilardino should not even be considered

Cassano is a head case who could blow up at any second...he's too much of a risk

I am hoping that DP and Chellini will make the final squad

·
Registered
17,593 Posts
This will be one of the squads with the less doubts leading to its selection. Deano I can't see any of the players you listed not called up or substituted (maybe 3rd keeper as I've no clue when it comes to this position).

Things are looking a little lacklustre in offence but let's hope for big tournament from Di Natale and Toni.

·
Banned
110 Posts
I'd like to see this later on in the tournament

-------------Buffon
-----Cannavaro---Chiellini
Zambrotta--------------Grosso
-----Aquilani-------De Rossi
--------------Pirlo
Camoranesi---------Di Natale
-------------Toni

Bench:

Amelia
Sereni
Materazzi
Cassetti
Barzagli
Pasqual
Gattuso
Ambrosini
Palladino
Quagliarella
Borriello
Rossi

Leave Iaquinta, DP, Perrotta and Panucci at home

·
Administrator
53,225 Posts
I liked your post until you had to include Palladino King Paolo :googly:

·
Administrator
53,225 Posts
I would choose Iaquinta and Del Piero 3 times before I would take Palladino. There is DOZENS of players I would take to the euro before I would choose Palla, I would even take an unneccessary extra defender before him. Many can be more useful then flashy nothingness of a player like him.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like Palla... I actually wouldnt mind Roma going for him... I think he also suits the formation of Donadoni and was decent against Portugal. I wouldnt take him, but hes a decent option never the less.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
He's an upcoming star and we don't have anyone who can fill in behind Di Natale, unless you want Iaquinta there.

Chiese was garbage btw.

Palla is not even fit to lace Chiesa left boot let alone right....

If Chiesa is garbage, i dont even know what Palla is then.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Its heartbreakin if Gamberini doesnt make the final squad.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
chiesa was the most dynamic italian striker in recent times..his pace and shooting ability were insane

palladino..please..im better then palladino..hes not even as good as claudio bellucci

and btw check king paolos IP..i have suspiciouns

·
Registered
33,714 Posts
That will most likely be the team.............I'm just hoping Iaquinta isn't called up and Cassano is instead. If not Cassano, then Rossi should be called up, he has earned it in my opinion
Rossi has earned it, but Iaquinta hasn't:googly:?

He's a super sub and a world champion.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
who isn't compelled to list their italian dream team? i'd say great idea deano but this thread was long overdue. nonetheless, here is my starting XI and remaining XII:

--------------------------gigi-------------------------
zammer-------materazzi----cannavaro-------grosso
--------------------------pirlo--------------------------
-----------gattuso------------------de rossi-----------
-----camoranesi---------------------------cassano----
---------------------------toni--------------------------

the rest: amelia, it doesn't matter who's next, panucci, barzagli, chiellini, oddo; ambrosini, aquilani, montolivo; iaquinta, di natale, rossi

this is the ticket. i don't have time to justify my selection now because i gotta jet.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I like it CinqueDiMaggio, except I doubt that Cassano will be there, so I'd replace him with Di Natale.

1 - 20 of 338 Posts