Xtratime Community banner

Dirtiest?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make your choice, I hope I did not forget someone.

Note: I do not mean those who commit lots of fouls in fact I left out players whose job is (also) committing fouls. I mean players whose example on the pitch is not edifying.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ibrahimovic. He's a mean guy.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Although he seems to be cleaning up his act, Materazzi still gets my vote. Zlatan is close.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
according with the statistics is Pinzi...but he isn't, he get red/yellow cards everytime he do something also if isn't a bad faul...and other players who plays for the bigs for the same fauls...no red/yellow cards for them...i wonder why.

Materrazzi and Gattuso are still worse

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I voted for Montero, because he enjoys bashing players. Anyway, he's a Juventino. :D

I have the feeling Materazzi would like to play elegantly and steal the ball surgically from opponents, but he's just too clumsy and ends up stopping them by brute force. As for Mihajlovic, he's unworthy of consideration. :stuckup:

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Ruffian said:
I have the feeling Materazzi would like to play elegantly and steal the ball surgically from opponents, but he's just too clumsy and ends up stopping them by brute force.
That actually makes a lot of sense..

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Ruffian said:
I have the feeling Materazzi would like to play elegantly and steal the ball surgically from opponents, but he's just too clumsy and ends up stopping them by brute force.
So you are saying that Materazzi is a misunderstood elephant in ballerina shoes? :D

You got me convinced. I change my vote to Ibra. He looks like he would send his mob friends to beat up opponents after he is done head-butting them on field.;)

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
A tossup between Montero & Materazzi, but I chose Materazzi.

Claudio Gentile remains the dirtiest Serie A player I've seen though :yuck:

·
1st Tier Poster
50,423 Posts
Materazzi is the dirtiest defender, Zlatan the meanest attacker. They're both funny. It's too hard to choose between these two.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
I say Ibrahimovic. Half of the times I have watched him these season he does something deserting a read card - stepping on players when they are down, elbowing etc.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Ibrahimovic is bit of a moodplayer but Montero is just nasty (well, was)

So Montero all the way!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Luca Toni might deserve some consideration for this award. The elbow to Materazzi was pretty dirty though I'm not going to say I didn't smile after I knew Materazzi was okay.

·
Registered
61,188 Posts
I find it amazing that the majority here believe that Materazzi is a dirtier player than Montero is. Maybe because Montero doesn't get to play anymore ?

I don't even remember the last time Materazzi got sent off for a late tackle or for hitting an opponent. Montero if I'm not mistaken holds the record for most red cards in the history of Serie A. And him playing for Juve, speaks volumes...

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
I find it amazing that the majority here believe that Materazzi is a dirtier player than Montero is. Maybe because Montero doesn't get to play anymore ?

I don't even remember the last time Materazzi got sent off for a late tackle or for hitting an opponent. Montero if I'm not mistaken holds the record for most red cards in the history of Serie A. And him playing for Juve, speaks volumes...
for both players it seems like they have calmed down, only recent thing I seen Montero do was against Roma last year. Otherwise he have been calm. Same with MAterazzi who have for more than a year stayed away from blatant violent acts. But bad reputation is easy to get, but hard to lose.

·
Registered
61,188 Posts
JKris said:
for both players it seems like they have calmed down, only recent thing I seen Montero do was against Roma last year. Otherwise he have been calm. Same with MAterazzi who have for more than a year stayed away from blatant violent acts. But bad reputation is easy to get, but hard to lose.
Indeed.

People pick on Materazzi because of his poor NT performances and because he's not backed up well in the media. He's an "easier" target than Montero, Zlatan, etc..

Gattuso broke the leg of an Ancona player last season and had Materazzi been the one that committed that he would've been lynched.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Montero, Gattuso, Materazzi and many others, A good player must play a little dirty when needed ;)

Special mention to the Fillipini Bro's, they both dive and play dirty.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts