Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a post off of the site I have something to do with, Arsenal-Mania, regarding the differences between our two young Spaniards.

I agree with patrick that Reyes' position is not really the problem. I suspect that his lack of footballing intelligence is causing his poor form. Unlike Fabregas, he does not know how to compensate for his physical weakness by taking up positions in space, using his first touch to move the ball away from a crowd, and releasing the ball early. Fabregas does all these things because he is, frankly, a boy genius.

Reyes doesn't because he is, frankly, all skill and no brain. Whenever he receives the ball, there are usually defenders in close proximity waiting to pounce, and he then compounds this by running straight into them. Maybe he can learn to think like Fabregas, but I fear that he will always be a player guided more by instinctive brilliance than sober calculation.

What's your opinion on this? It's okay, Petros, we know you'll disagree.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I don't agree, i think he has all the football ability but his lack of backbone is the problem, he is easily intimidated and so loses confidence.

i don't think people should be judged alongside Fabregas either, he is one of a kind and only a select few in each generation have his uncanny appreciation of space.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
It might be.

but to me it is not such a bigger issue which can make him leave Arsenal. I think the problem is that his and Arsenal's form declined at the same time. He is still struggling like the whole team. To me its still a waiting game. He was astounding at the end of the last season and absolutely class at the begininning of this season. The Premiership has been same and the sheer physicalness and pace hasn't changed. He will be back. He needs to be patient. All this Real Madrid love saga is doing him no good.

Apart from that, you always need a good mixture of Brainy/Intellectual players and total instinctive ones in your club ;)

nEEbz

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
khimik said:
This is a post off of the site I have something to do with, Arsenal-Mania, regarding the differences between our two young Spaniards.

I agree with patrick that Reyes' position is not really the problem. I suspect that his lack of footballing intelligence is causing his poor form. Unlike Fabregas, he does not know how to compensate for his physical weakness by taking up positions in space, using his first touch to move the ball away from a crowd, and releasing the ball early. Fabregas does all these things because he is, frankly, a boy genius.

Reyes doesn't because he is, frankly, all skill and no brain. Whenever he receives the ball, there are usually defenders in close proximity waiting to pounce, and he then compounds this by running straight into them. Maybe he can learn to think like Fabregas, but I fear that he will always be a player guided more by instinctive brilliance than sober calculation.

no i actually agree.

twat

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
General nEEbz era will never end. The sun never sets. :shades:

So just shush up and update your custom title :tongue:

:D

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
i will be ur witness neebz, KHIMIK must be stopped:)!!!

Anywayz if u saw when reyes starts to play on the right, he suddenly is a diferent player, like when he tortured united 3-1, his position has to be on the right.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
khimik said:
Insulting a moderator, not a good thing to do :shades:
do you ACTUALLY think i carE?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
khimik said:

Maybe because they play in different positons with different objects to do on the field?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am no longer happy with Reyes after his public come and get me stuff to Madrid. Sure we can keep him but no point keeping him when we cannot keep his heart.

One of the greatest difference between the two is Loyalty.

Fab will be a midfield supremo in years or maybe months to come. But first, he must be patient and absorb as much experience and learn from his senior. He may be rated lower than Reyes for now but in time to come, i think he can be our next Patrick.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Reyes has bags of talent technically but really its like Jern said he needs to be tougher mentally and obviously he doesn't have a genius or even very good football brain like Bergkamp or Cesc but technically he is class. Cesc is a different gravy footballing brainwise so its not fair to compared them on that aspect alone but like I said Reyes weaker mentally and can easily lose confidence. This is not a good thing if he wants to reach the next level he has to have that sort of arrogance you see from a top player and from reports he doesn't seem too happy in Londonl.

If you sell him, Cassano is someone who is naturally confident, isn't easily intimidated but he is abit mad to say the least, I think he would be very nice to watch along side Henry(who is a fan) plus he has a very good football brain. Could be a replacement for Bergkamp too but he looks destined to join Juve.

P.S I still can't belive Cesc is 17, Great reading of the game at such a young age

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
khimik said:
Do you actually think I was being serious, you moronic little worm? :rollani:
Do you actually think i care if you were being serious or not

1 - 20 of 39 Posts