Xtratime Community banner

The Dick Haan Mos thread

859 views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Wally 
#1 ·
Simple question but can be hard to answer especially if you're a Feyenoord fan :D

I'm hesistating between Gullit with his non coaching skills and weekly attacks on his own players :howler: (including one about studs for no reason) and the one and only Arie Haan. :groan: but I'll go for Don Leo for sentimental reasons even though he won us the title and beat Juventus a week after he got appointed. :pp

Who is yours?

not really valid for Heerenveen fans is it ?! :D Foppe or Gert Jan Verbeek, both good trainers. Wish we had them :eek:

#2 ·
pfffff for Ajax that's a hard one. They all did good things imo. Beenhakker was pretty good, van Gaal no discussion possible, Olsen brought titles (& Laudrup), Co brought the youth back (and Mido, Zlatan, Trabelsi & Maxwell) and Koeman brings titles. Yes i skipped Wouters because in this comparison he comes out worst but he did bring in Chivu and i have soft spot for him :D. They all have their negative sides but i'm too tired to do an indepth analysis on that, and i think Chivu or Kluivert will do that for me ;). One of the funniest i can remember has to be Westerhof. Watching the team fail week after week (Verlaat & Winter as our central defence :S) but still insisting on the Ajax style. He said something like 'I don't give a shit how they play and if they find the system difficult or not. This is Ajax and we play the Ajaxsystem so they better learn it. And this way the failures prove every week that they don't belong at Ajax so my successor has an easier task' :D. He obviously was happy he didn't have the pressure of being the responsible person for the results, he only took over and was bound to leave at the end of the season anyway.

#3 ·
Arie Haan for me ! :mad: :thmbdown:

Because of his stubborness and arrogance, the Chinese NT (my 2nd favorite NT after Holland) lost to under-strength Japan squad in Asian Cup final, and the worst, get the team eliminated from World Cup Qualifiers in very first phase in a group full of nobodies. It's a heavy blow to Chinese football.

#4 ·
Zhuge Liang said:
Good old Arie Haan :D he ruined Feyenoord too and made us lose against the likes of MVV at home :eek: and now he can't even beat Kuwait in a group.
btw 2nd choice team , above Indonesia? :eek: Tiong-Hoa like me (half me)? :D

#6 ·
monte said:
Aad de Mos - The latter is funny cause in my impression he gets sacked all the time.
and he's just been sacked again :D why don't you just pack it in man!

looks like the FA bosses in the UAE believe the Dutch are the sole and only ticket to success so they'll be appointing Dick Advocaat!

#7 ·
Leo Beenhakker and Dick Advocaat of course. With the players they had available for the tournaments in 1990 and 2004 they should have achieved much more with Oranje. I would also name Aad de Mos. Funny and entertaining episode his Germany - adventure, unfortunately not for Werder.

#8 ·
Wally said:
Good old Arie Haan :D he ruined Feyenoord too and made us lose against the likes of MVV at home :eek: and now he can't even beat Kuwait in a group.
btw 2nd choice team , above Indonesia? :eek: Tiong-Hoa like me (half me)? :D
But he did great work in Stuttgart , they reached the UEFA-Cup final even. With an average, unspectacular team.

#9 ·
delpi_vanni_10 said:
I would also name Aad de Mos. Funny and entertaining episode his Germany - adventure, unfortunately not for Werder.
what did he do? did he shout at journalists and do a Trappatoni or something like that? :D

#10 ·
He seemed a little bit like a clown, like someone who you can´t take seriously. A little bit unlucky, too. What he decided was somehow always wrong. But Rehagel´s shadow was very huge, made it extra difficult for him to work there.

#12 ·
Zhuge Liang said:

Because of his stubborness and arrogance, the Chinese NT (my 2nd favorite NT after Holland) lost to under-strength Japan squad in Asian Cup final, and the worst, get the team eliminated from World Cup Qualifiers in very first phase in a group full of nobodies. It's a heavy blow to Chinese football.
Me too!!
and I hate Advocaat.

#13 ·
delpi_vanni_10 said:
Leo Beenhakker and Dick Advocaat of course. With the players they had available for the tournaments in 1990 and 2004 they should have achieved much more with Oranje. I would also name Aad de Mos. Funny and entertaining episode his Germany - adventure, unfortunately not for Werder.
Advocaat wasn't bad in his PSV and Glasgow period remember. And he did reasonably well in bot WC 94 and Euro 04. I don't think another trainer wouldv'e brought us any further at the time. Certainly not against Brazil in 94, while for Euro 04 we can't really tell as van Basten uses quite number of different players. If van Basten played vdMeyde and Seedorf for example, we still wouldn't have won Euro 94. But I think Advocaat did play the wrong players too long. And 4-3-3 may not have been the right formation with the players we had.

#14 ·
Can anybody remember that Italian coach de Graafschap had a couple of seasons ago? They had that partnership with Udinese back then. Oh my god what a disaster that was, staff members fired, trial and loan players coming in every single week and in the meantime this guy keeps blabbering on about how he wants to conquer the Eredivisie with de Graafschap :howler:. He must be the worst coach i ever saw :D

#16 ·
Trabzonspor wil, Aad de Mos twijfelt

16/5/2006 9 :32

Aad de Mos kan zijn trainersloopbaan in Turkije voortzetten. De Haagse coach twijfelt echter of hij in zee moet gaan met Trabzonspor.
Trabzonspor heeft een contract voor drie jaar klaarliggen voor De Mos. 'Ik twijfel, omdat ik vind dat het elftal nu nogal wat kwaliteit ontbeert. Dus moet ik saneren en dat is in zulke landen niet de eenvoudigste opgave. En ik kan vier of vijf trainers meenemen', aldus de Hagenaar in De Telegraaf.

how can half decent clubs like Trabzonspor want this guy?

#18 ·
yeah, talk about his 2nd spell with them in 2002 when the police had to evict him out the stadium :D

Actually saw the ECII final again on ESPN classic. Decent side they had back then in the days when Dutch players too saw the Belgian league as a place to go to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.