Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never too early to start talking about the derby!

It's become a cliché to say disregard recent form, but of course it's true and Sunday's game is a perfect example. 14 points and twelve places in the table divide us from the zozzi, but the view that they are still favourites is the right approach I think. It looked like they might have turned it around after the Chelsea match but stuttered again at the weekend, even so there's no doubt they will be up for this in front of the home fans.

Three wins on the trot for us, though at times unconvincing. Our speed up front could be the difference, hopefully we come out attacking & grab an early goal.

CHI OSA VINCE!
FORZA MAGICA LAZIO!

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Of course they're the favourites...they pay three times as much salaries as we do.

Our approach should be the same as it has been for the past three or four seasons: have a humble spirit and try to give them a good fight, and who knows what happens.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Does Rossi have the guts to start with Pandev - Zarate - Rocchi up front? Is it wise? I'm not sure.

If it was up to me I would have a bit more cautious approach to not have the midfield overrun from the start.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
I'd be considering the De Silvestri-Lichtsteiner combo on the right side...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Does Rossi have the guts to start with Pandev - Zarate - Rocchi up front? Is it wise? I'm not sure.
Since he did it Rocchi-Pandev-Bianchi last season and we won without being outplayed as far as possession game goes for the first tiem in years, why not? And also we have a shortage of quality midfielders right now. I think Lichty, Ledesma and Brocchi should be our three midfielders with De Silvestri as a RB. If Zarate plays mostly on the right again, we could be devastating on that flank...to bad Rijse probably won't play. ;) Although I read that Lichtsteiner played on the left flank in the second half against Chievo and Brocchi usually plays on the right so it might not be so potent.
Anyway, opening goal will most likely be crucial. Even though a derby follows its own trends, we have won every game this season in which we have taken the lead and as usual we feel so much more comfortable on the counter than breaking through organized defences.
Also, nice to see Lotito and Rossi staying humble before the match, maybe they learned their lesson but most likely they are simply suspcious. :D
FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
395 Posts
From what I have seen, Lorenzo has been horribly out of form, but maybe the Derby is the right game for him. In any case, I would stick with Lichtsteiner, don't really want to experiment here. Radu is reported to be back, as everyone had guessed. Brocchi and Ledesma have their places in midfield, and Mauri probably has too, knowing Rossi. I think Foggia has a knock, so Za-Pa-Ro will probably be the way to go. Personally, I prefer Za-Pa-Fo, with Rocchi coming on in the 2nd, but we'l see.

Just want to see 100% fighting spirit from each of the lads. We can do this. (Though I have a really shitty feeling :-/ (Then again, I always do when it comes to the Derby :D ) )

Forza Lazio.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Anyway, opening goal will most likely be crucial.
That was a strange thing in last seasons derbies, in both games the team that scored first ended up losing. We have turned deficits into victories a few times (Scudetto season comes to mind), but for them to win after Lazio taking the lead had not happened in more than 70 years...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
That's one heck of a weird statistics, hopefully things will continue that way.

In other news apparently De Rossi will play...raise you hand if you were surprised. Maybe there is still time for Totti "injury" too.

·
Registered
395 Posts
PdL reports that in todays training, Rossi used the following 11:

Carrizo; Lichtsteiner, Siviglia, Rozehnal, Radu; Dabo, Ledesma, Brocchi; Pandev, Rocchi, Zarate

So it seems we're going with Za-Pa-Ro, and Foggia probably starting on the bench.

Last night, a Lazio fan handed Rocchi dvd's of Braveheart and Gladiator :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
be ready lazio Fans
Totti is going to make Roma Happy again
Zarate will do nothing against MEXES
the positions of the 2 clubs mean nothing in the derby

hope to seea great Derby

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
They did it guys, tottina is rumoured to be injured in the training...

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
Zarate will do nothing against MEXES
Hehe, I seen average players own Mexes, let alone the supremely skilled ones like Zarate.

Correction, Mexes owns himself with his temper and headless chicken defending (it was funny how often he mistimes tackles just because he does them with such senseless aggressiveness).

1 - 20 of 94 Posts