Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sunday, 30th march, 16h GMT at anfield.

hard to predict, as usual.
we're not exactly on a roll since the fiorentina game with a loss at fulham and what could've been a loss against west ham.
they lost at old trafford.

updates to follow throughout the week.
bring it on!

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great signature.

shaggy alonso's posts are always worth a read.
not specifically because of that one, generally i mean.

got a lot of friends who support liverpool and they aren't always so critical like he is...
more blind faith than constructive criticism.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Am pretty confident about this weekend, got a feeling we will come away with a win, we are due it! Not good to hear that Cahill is out for the rest of the season. A draw would be a decent result with us having derby next week, and liverpool having arsenal.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
somehow, surprisingly, i'm confident aswell.
just a gut feeling.
too bad about cahill.

a win would be fvckin' immense!
the nail in the coffin of their season to beat them at our old ground!! :dielaugh:

not sure yet where i'm gonna watch the game.
got a couple of options but the only one that wouldn't feature any red mates would be watching it alone at home, phone switched off. :D

the "clattenburg derby" i watched at a friends place with his nephew, both reds...

pressure is on them, they have to win.
hope we can take advantage of that psycological effect.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fero:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
according to an article in the echo, AJ is fit again.
yakubu could become the first 20 goals-scorer since beardsley for us if he bags one in the derby.

source

on a different note:
the chelsea game has been re-scheduled from saturday 19th april to thursday (17th april) at 8pm.

my favourite player to score the winner for us in the derby, would be neville.
i'd laugh my head off and for sure nothing would wind up the reds more than that.
not very likely to happen, but one can dream...

good night, good fight!
come on everton....please!

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
horrible first half, we didn't even turn up.
2nd one was slightly better.

happened to watch it in a pub full of reds, apart from the 2nd halftime when another blue mate showed up...

@lucas21
just out of interest:
where are you from?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Yep, poor performance today, don't think we forced reina into a single save :(, team looked really tired, which has got to be a real concern for the rest of the season. Race for 4th isn't over though, Hopefully arsenal will gain a win in the league, as well as in the CL, which will hit their morale.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sometimes yakubu had to get back so deep that noone was up front.
of course it's very unfortunate when on derby day ALL your strikers are injured apart from him, but those eventualities will have to be adressed in summer on the transfermarket.

can't be we have only Yak, AJ and two youngsters who spend half their time in recovery.
on the bench two left-backs with baines and valente.

with cahill out aswell it leaves the team with arteta (and to a certain extend pienaar, who was bad aswell) as single creative input.
he can't even allow himself to have a below par or bad day or we're in trouble big time.

that said, i wasn't impressed with liverpool at all.
spend god knows how many millions every summer and play some average football in comparisson for what that team cost, at least yesterday...
but it's a good feeling to know they won't cause man united any troubles even next season in challenging for the title.

if only osman's header had found the net, but same could be said for gerrards shot that hit the post or babel's(how bad was he?!) poor effort after that cross late in the 1st half.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Walton, Long Lane to be exact.

& yes, I was at the game.

ok, cool.
just had a discussion the past days in a (rapid vienna)-forum, where some friends are lfc fans, and we thought it's difficult for local fans from merseyside to get tickets because the club attracts fans from all over the country, world even.
three of them were at anfield a couple of years ago and they happened to sit next to a group of irish fans who had season-tickets.
do you feel that over the years the support in general went a bit downhill, also due to all-seater stadiums, than it was back in the 70's and 80's?
another one went to a game against fulham 2 years ago and even though he is a fan since 20 years and it was his first trip to anfield, he said it was dissapointing support-wise.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Yeah the atmosphere at Anfield has gone down hill since the 70s and 80s except for them special nights but at least we are trying to do something about it (RTK etc.) I don't blame this on the OOT support though because even in the 70s and 80s we had a strong Irish and Scotish following.

Saying that you can't complain when you see the state of some other teams support, like against Arsenal yesterday absolutely deadful, small time fans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts