Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, Germany used to produce among the worlds best players, tecnical players like Rumenigge, Klinsmann, Völler, Hässler, Matthaus, Brehme who ruled the world and played in Serie A ofcourse but lately Germany haven't won a sh*t and they haven't produced many good players either in fact i can't mention 10 good german players, in the NT there's only a few players under 25. Sure the German league is richer then it was 1990 but if they really would produce more quality players im sure the biggest clubs in Spain and Italy would be attracted. I don't fear germany anymore, neither did i do 10 years ago but they were for sure a competitor to win the wc, nowadays you shall be glad if you make the second round. German football has really lost it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree Germany isn't what it used to be but I don't feel it's as bad as everyone portrays it to be.
Currently the National Team is pretty pathetic with only Kahn, Ballack, Deisler and Scholl as big talents and Schneider, Hamann and Jeremies just below them but there are many U21 talents which I feel will become as good as the stars you named. Germany have a super midfield which can't be argued, but the problem is strikers.
With the World Cup being held in Germany in 2006 I really feel the national team will once again be one of the favorites with talents like Auer, Tiffert. and defenders like Zepek

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Tell me something that I already don't know. This is old news.

Consistency is something that you lose in the intoxication of so called greatness. You can't be great all the time forever. After winning 3 World Cups and 3 Euros, and dominating football from the 70's to the mid 90's, there is no other European team that comes close to Germany's record.

This is THEE WORST PERIOD in German history. Like Basti said, the Nationalmannschaft is probably not as bad as people think. It just isn't nowhere as good as it used to be. Nevertheless, we still usually rank in the Fifa Top 10 and are always a competitive outfit. That certainly can't be said for Italy, England, France, and Spain in all it's history.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
I think everyone is aware of that our team hasnt the players it had at the beginning of the 90s... however, it is not that the other teams but Argetinia, France or - under certain circumstances - Italy, really impress me either with their squad. Surely not spain and england does not do it either. Same for Brazil and the rest, well, holland did not even qualify for the WC.

I think our team is highly underrated by the rest of the world, and that could actually be an advantage. Reaching the second round wont be a problem for Germany, actually, I see the chances for Italy to fail this aim bigger than the chances of the Germans cause Germany's group is pretty easy.

However, I am a bit astonished about ur comment saying we won **** lately ;) I think, if we ingnore the Frenchies for a second, we are the last team to win the EURO and the last European team to win the WC. Englands last victory is over 30 years ago, Italys last victory 20 years ago and Spain... did they ever won sth? ;) This single European trophy in god knows what time :) oh please

1 - 5 of 5 Posts