Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How will our defence look like against INTER? Here is the thread preview to comemorate how unexpected Prandelli is.

Bonera, Ferrari, Cannavaro, Oyola, Junior, Benarrivo, Torrisi, Diana, ...

Prandelli started with central duo Bonera - Ferrari, Benarrivo on the right, Junior on the left. I remember that Junior injured in the first game and Benarrivo played on the left but can't remeber who right? Diana? But no Cannavaro although he was expected by media.

Junior - Bonera - Ferrari - Benarrivo

--->

Benarrivo - Bonera - Ferrari - Diana?

I expected much from Bonera but it was Ferrari who did lead our defense. There were also experiments with Paolino few times like this:

Bonera - Ferrari - Cannavaro - Benarrivo

Well we played with the same four then until the winter. Stuff was not completly content and got a loan of Cardone and loaned Diana, Falsini and Torrisi. Benarrivo injured.

Cardone - Bonera - Ferrari - Junior

Then Mr. Prandelli changed something during the match in Piacenza (if I'm not mistaken, that horrible 1-1) and tried Cardone in the centre. That has been the best move by Cesare so far. Oh and there was also version with Manu the left back.

Bonera - Cardone - Ferrari - Junior

...saved our season with better performances than all prevous.

Cardone injured then. 2 before the start of the new season we had Bonera, Ferrari, Cannavaro, Junior, Seric, Cardone (inj), Benarrivo (inj), Oyola, ...

The press again expected Paolino but Prandelli shocked us all. Before derby with Bologna re-signed Castellini.

So we started like this Bonera - Ferrari - Castellini - Seric.

During the season there were changes- Junior instead of Anthony and Cannavaro if anybody disqualified. Until the match with Reggina. And that's why I started this thread.

Castellini - Ferrari - Cardone - Junior

But it worked well (I mean Marcello)

Next time, another earthquake.

Castellini - Ferrari - Cannavaro - Seric

But Castellini again on the right. Does it mean something? Marcello is since now the RB? (Until Bonera is OK.) Will Prandelli use Cardone who was :( against Reggina or rather Paolo who is permanently ignorated? Seric or Junior? Or is it time for Antonio Benarrivo?

I want to know your thoughts. What do you think will Prandlli send to the match with INTER and how will our defence change during the season?

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
I would like to see it like this:

Junior - Ferrari - Cardone - Castellini

I belive Cardone should get one more chance next to Ferrari. Last time Castellini played as right back he was one of our best player.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Are you sure that Castellini played on the right?

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
VERDI said:
Are you sure that Castellini played on the right?
According to Acparma.it so...Not our latest game but the latest game he actually played at right. Against Ancona he was central defencer next to Ferrari.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shero said:
According to Acparma.it so...Not our latest game but the latest game he actually played at right. Against Ancona he was central defencer next to Ferrari.
From what I've read he played RB also against Ancona. And I saw in highlights Paolo in the centre. Well I'm not sure.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
I would just go for:

Bonera _ Castellini _ Ferrari _ Junior
Bonera is injured for at least a month. He broke a bone in his foot, remember?

If Castellini did do well on right back I think he could continue to do it. Then it would be a matter between Cardone and Cannavaro in the centre. I think I'd go for Cardone, if he's fully recovered. Cannavaro isn't mature enough yet it seems. He should have been loaned out this season...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I would go for Cardone if he is fit, shame, I never knew Bonera was out for so long :(.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ewanilson - Djetou - Oyola - Moretti

:D:D

Btw we have 2 in-form right backs on loan! Maggio is the best defender in Fiorentina and Diana (OK I know he's not a defender) shines in Samp. In our team we play there central backs. Sartor was the last RB we had.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Sartor went to some minor EPL side to have a TRIAL! How embarrassing. When he was at Parma he was rated as quite good...

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
It's just sad how much the great have fallen. Maybe we could sell Bonera now & just get Gigi in on a free, he'd easily be able to a great job for us.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I'd love to have Sartor back. Always liked him. I can't believed we traded him for freaking Siviglia... :rolleyes:

But our right back next season should be Maggio. Period.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I'd love to have Sartor back. Always liked him. I can't believed we traded him for freaking Siviglia... :rolleyes:

But our right back next season should be Maggio. Period.
Maggio spoke a few days ago and said that he wanted to stay in Fiorentina or something...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
No he didn't. He said Parma's problems could mean he stays in Fiorentina.
What he said.

Maggio:parma crisis favours a permanent move to Florence

It's in Italian. :groan: English media suck...not that it's their fault...:tongue:

Wouldn't bet on him coming to Parma though...Fiorentina seem on the up...still long way to go to get themselves up to speed but if it's anything like Sampdoria's rise then we might be in trouble.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
It's not up to him really. If Parma wants him back, he comes back. Simple as that.

Only morons like Tanzi would let him go. That policy you so much favored Gaga... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
It's not up to him really. If Parma wants him back, he comes back. Simple as that.

Only morons like Tanzi would let him go. That policy you so much favored Gaga... :rolleyes:
I'm 99% sure Tanzi didn't take such decisions.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
AMOROSO! said:

I can only fault the club for the players that left...players coming in I have been pretty impressed with how well we have replaced them.

Maggio was bought when he was younger it was either leave him in the Primavera or let him gain 1st team experience he wouldn't have got at Parma.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts