Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the performances of Rivaldo are great news for all Barça-supporters, if he will win the cup, he will have so much self-confidence, that he might play one of his best seasons, don't sell him! :strong:

Image we could also manage to bring back fenomeno Ronaldo (who scored one of the best goals in soccer-history ever for Barcelona a few years ago) + Brazilian prodigy Ronaldinho Gaúcho :star: They scored 12 times so far + CREATE all these goals by there own (Ronaldinho ---> Rivaldo ----> Gol, etc.), this has one of the main problems to Rivaldo last season, there has been no one who could play along with him. But with Ronaldo up front, and with Ronaldinho on his side, Rivaldo turns into a real playmaker + scoring machine (well, he has done so for Barça too during the past years), and don't forget all these great dribblings, movements etc., soccer should not only be succesfull (like Germany), but also great to watch :star:

-----Ronaldo----Saviola---------
---Rivaldo-------Ronaldinho---

They surely would score + produce about 70-80 goals per season by their own :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Is it just me who think Rivaldo has been pretty mediocre in the WC so far? Yes he's scored a goal in every match and dished out a few assists. Of course this is great and I can't argue with that. Individually he's maybe the best player in the world. But looking at how he plays I'm not impressed. He's incredibly slow in his play and holds the ball all too long for himself. I don't now how many counterattacks he has slowed down into nothing, and just like at Barca he tries to shot everytime he's within 30 metres from the goal. It's very frustrating to see him play. If you compare him to Ronaldinho over an entire match, there's no doubt who's creating the most chances. But then Rivaldo makes a wonderful individual performance and he's he hero.
If he would just play with the team instead of on his own, he would be the best player in the world. But he doesn't and hence isn't.

Maybe I'm beeing overly pessimistic. Rivaldo scores plenty of goals and makes a few assists. More then almost every other player. But still he's so incredibly egoistic. And another thing is that he's patheticly one-footed. He manages to cover it very well, but still he can't do much with his right.

And trying to play him as playmaker would be suicide. He really should play on the left. That's his best position despite what he thinks himself.

Ah, that was all the Rivaldo bashing I could get out of me for the moment. :D

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
enola said:
Is it just me who think Rivaldo has been pretty mediocre in the WC so far?
That makes us two. :stuckup:
His performances in this WC are nowhere near to what he´s capable of. Add to that his pathetic acting against Turkey and England.
Many people (including me) lost a lot of respect for him.

And everybody who says Rivo proved that he´s the best player in the world in SouthKorea/Japan must be a complete dork anyways and ridicules himself just like Rivo does by covering his face everytime he gets hit on the shoulder/stomach/etc.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Despite everthing Rivaldo did, none can deny that he is the nets player in the world, and about the acting it is a lie, and who now in the world don't lie...
so my respect to Rivaldo still as like as after the match against Valencia.....;)

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
Can our "El Tridente" played like triple R???
Rivaldo as himself
Kluivert as Ronaldo
Saviola as Ronaldinho

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sure or maybe...

---------Ronaldo-----------Romario--------------
Rivaldo-------------------------------Ronaldinho

----------Riquelme--Redknapp------------------

Roberto Carlos--------------------Rochemback
---------Rio Ferdinand---Roberto Ayala-------

-------------------------Reck-----------------------

The "R" Team

BTW. After some good pieces of play by Ronaldinho have you completely forgotten about Riquelme? They play on the same position... Anyway we won't sign any of them (nor Ronaldo) cause we badly need wingers. Maybe if VG was here a year ago we wouldn't lose Simao nor Zenden... Now we can't buy any cetre attacking midfielders like Ronaldinho or JRR.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
well we got babangida for next season and i dont want kily and i dont think mendi will ever be the player he was.

instead of mendi and kily we should did for joaquin with alfonso included

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
mazzah20 said:
well we got babangida for next season and i dont want kily and i dont think mendi will ever be the player he was.

instead of mendi and kily we should did for joaquin with alfonso included

yeah i agree, medi was ineefctive in the spain - korea match... but what do u expect after a season on the bench?

i likes jaoquin a lot - but watching 1 match proves nothing.... tho an alfonso + moneyt swap for jaoquin would be awesome !

cheers

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i likes jaoquin a lot - but watching 1 match proves nothing.... tho an alfonso + moneyt swap for jaoquin would be awesome
as well as unbelievable as I don't expect any transfers like this although VG wants wingers

and I agree: one match proves nothing

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Frank de Boer was asked about this transfer-matter, and he said VG only wanted a left-back, and maybe some wingers. But certainly no midfielders, since we already have so many of them.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Voyteck said:
Sure or maybe...

The "R" Team

redknapp?? OMG..!!!

:dielaugh:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Voyteck said:
Sure or maybe...

The "R" Team

:D :cool: :D :D

The goalie could be Reina! ;)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Barça has ecxellent players, so why dream with others?

I think RRR is a terrific triple, but all that is terrific have to go to Barça?

Kluivert,Saviola,Rivaldo,Overmars...are world class players.

It´s necessary to think about the position where Barça don´t have good players: left wing,def midfielder...

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
independente said:
Barça has ecxellent players, so why dream with others?

I think RRR is a terrific triple, but all that is terrific have to go to Barça?

Kluivert,Saviola,Rivaldo,Overmars...are world class players.

It´s necessary to think about the position where Barça don´t have good players: left wing,def midfielder...
:confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts