Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for those of you in the UK who have been watching Euro2008 on ITV, you will know of the idiotic David Pleat and also if you're a fan of Tottenham, you will be farmiliar with him. I find it funny how this guy still calls some countries by their previous names. He's also famous for his rediculous sayings. So, I want to compile a dictionary of his names for players, countries and clubs. I'll start with a few.

Players
Pascal Shimbomba (Pascal Chimbonda)
Petre Ceche (Petr Cech)
Eric Can-toner (Eric Cantona)
Andree Shevshanko (Andre Shevchenko)
Libor Schonko (Libor Sionko)
Meelan Barotsch (Milan Baros)
Paul Shoals (Paul Scholes)
Shemee Senterk (Semih Senturk)

Coaches
Carlos Queer-ross (Carlos Queiroz)

Countries
Czechoslovakia (Czech Republic)
Republic of Czechoslovakia Repub. (Czech Republic)

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
All the English channels seem to be calling Semih Shemih.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Ya that's true. I do tend to press the mute button every now and then when I hear his voic.e

·
*the drum drum*
43,002 Posts
I was getting irritated at the way he was saying Camoranesi in the Italy game this morning, more often than not he was saying Caromanesi :D

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, he's such a douche, there's an another one he did today, one of the Spanish players. It was something like Capadeville for Capdevilla or someone or was it Raul Albol for Raul Albiol. No, wait, it must have been Hokeen for Joaquin when talking about him for some reason or the other.

I didn't realise I called this David 'Pleast', someones ****ing with me.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
When BBC showed the Turk Swiss match, the commentator called the swiss keeper Volkan :wallbang:

·
*the drum drum*
43,002 Posts
Today he pissed me off talking about Sergio Ramos all day.

"You know he's more comfortable I think playing in the centre".

"He's not a natural right back, he's more adept in the centre".

"And they've put Sergio Ramos on the right when he's more naturally inclined to be in the centre".

Truth - Sergio Ramos is a right back and has only ever looked unnatural playing as a centreback for Real Madrid.

And then of course he thought the Ibrahimovic substitution was tactical for a minute and defended it by saying while he's a good player and all, he's lazy. :wallbang:

·
*the drum drum*
43,002 Posts
Thankfully we had two choices for the match tonight, and I chose the local option which had Martin Tyler.

Can always count on him being biased in our favour :proud:, and his voice is made for commentary. And he even started talking about night clubs at one stage, "not that I know much about night clubs anymore!" :howler:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts