Xtratime Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Champions League
2nd qualifying round, 1st leg

Brøndby - FBK Kaunas (Lithuania)/Dinamo Tirana (Albania)

UEFA Cup
1st qualifying round, 1st leg

MyPa (Finland) - OB

FC København - Lokomotiv Tblisi (Georgia)

Podeba (FYROM) - FC Midtjylland

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
AHA, I will surely be looking forward to the match between MyPa & Odense BK!

Here are the dates when the two teams will meet :
Thursday 15.8.02 MyPa – Odense BK
Thursday 29.8.02 Odense BK - MyPa

·
Registered
79 Posts
Danish Victory!!

i'm not really familiar with the other teams :D but i think it's gonna be all danish victory's :cool: :cool: :cool:

if you disagree...please tell me why:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Sunshine, I think the clash between MyPa and OB will be a very even one. I don't think anyone is much better than the other ;).

The rest of the opponents are Eastern European teams and can't always count one those kind of teams.

But I think all of the Danish teams have a fair chance of going through :cool:!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All 4 teams in the UEFA Cup now after Brøndby failed to qualify for the CL.

UEFA Cup
1st round, 1st leg

FC København - Djurgårdens IF 0-0

FC Midtjylland - NK Varteks 1-0

Celta Vigo - OB 2-0

Levski Sofia - Brøndby IF 4-1

Before the matches were played it looked like a tough job for all of the Danish sides. Where FCK and Brøndby most likely would have the best chances of going through. While FCM and OB would have a hard time. OB's opponent, the giants from Spain Celta Vigo looked to be too big and Varteks we're last season a tough opponent for champions Brøndby.

But now when the matches have been played it looks a bit different. FCK got an okay result although a win would have been prefered. Brøndby lost big in Bulgaria and it'll be very hard to win now.
OB and FCM gave acceptable performances against their respective opponents. OB held out in 70 minutes in Spain but a 2-0 loss will be hard to beat in the next leg. FCM did win but only 1-0 and they'll have to give on hell of a (defensive) performance down in Balkan.

All in all not the best round for the Danish teams. Let's hope we'll see at least 2 teams in the 2nd round.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UEFA Cup
1st round, 2nd leg

Djurgårdens IF - FC København 3-1 (agg. 3-1)

NK Varteks - FC Midtjylland 1-1 (agg. 1-2)

OB - Celta Vigo 1-0 (agg. 1-2)

Brøndby IF - Levski Sofia 1-1 (agg. 2-5)

All in all a pretty much disastrous performance by the Danish teams. The only positive thing about this is that FCM put out a good performance in the hard away match against Varteks. Well done Midtjylland!
Looking forward we're now destined with only 3 teams in the European Cups next year and the years to come. If that has to change we'll have to come up with some impressive runs in the respective EC's in the next couple of years. A sad developement, but a fact.

But let us not be too negative and congratulate FC Midtjylland instead with their impressive performance last night. Well done :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.