Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
whos performed on the biggest stage and done the best ???? like i stated ALREADY
The Yankee pitching staff you SAP!

and when did i say anthing about him being better then A-Rod....im just defending Jeter from some herb who called him pathtic... YOU...but you dont know anything, you dont even support any teams you just look for the best players and say your a fan
Even your slow a$$ knows better not to compare him to the greatest short-stop of all-time!

oh and A-Rods boss WASNT George, NOW it is , boy your so thick headed....no logic at all....you just straight switch things up to make it look like you are right.....get off it kid you dont know a thing except how to let others think for you.
Where you raised by wolves? No kidding A-Rod's boss wasn't George! A-Rod just joined the Yanks this season
:rollani: However, A-Rod's previous bosses have never criticized the man for NOT PEFORMING! On the other hand the second highest paid player in history commits 60 erros a year and cannot even manage to hit more than 20 homeruns a season...

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
your a clown....you make harmless threats as if you know what your talking about....who was WS MVP one of those 4 times ?....Jeter you idiot ..who has the most post season hits in history..whats he Batting average in the playoffs for his career....and of course i was TALKING ABOUT JETER AGAIN and you have to go bring up the pitching Staff....your a herb bro, a little 20 yr old boy with the attitude of 10 yr child.

harlmess threats....your not even a real fan...you just look at stats see who the best player is and decide your gonna follow them so you can come on here and parade your herb self around like the loser you are.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
your a clown....you make harmless threats as if you know what your talking about....who was WS MVP one of those 4 times ?....Jeter you idiot ..who has the most post season hits in history..whats he Batting average in the playoffs for his career....and of course i was TALKING ABOUT JETER AGAIN and you have to go bring up the pitching Staff....your a herb bro, a little 20 yr old boy with the attitude of 10 yr child.

harlmess threats....your not even a real fan...you just look at stats see who the best player is and decide your gonna follow them so you can come on here and parade your herb self around like the loser you are.
What has Jeter done after the 2000 WS? JACK CRAP! they've lost two the Diamond backs, Angels, and the Marlins!

How pathethic. A team like the Marlins defeating the Yankees (and Jeter their star was as mediocre as the whole entire staff). Will Jeter break Hank Aaron's home run record? Not a chance not in 3 life-times, however A-ROD has a great shot at it. We'll see who's going to put up better numbers this year! Jeter is a parasite who has been very fortunate to have played for the Yanks. All A-ROD has to do is win only one WS title and than he will become one of the top 3 Baseball Players in History!

A 20 year old boy with the attitude of 10 year old? A$$ Roman, don't make me laugh, even at the age of 10 I was by far more intellectual than your retarted SAP a$$

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
Jeter Era Over
Well, it's official - the Derek Jeter Era has come to an end in Yankeeland. With the arrival of superstar Alex Rodriguez - the third best player ever to wear Yankee pinstripes - the scrappy never-say-die NL-style Torre-and-Jeter show has finally come to its end. Eventually, A-Rod will replace Jeter at shortstop, where he is a far better defensive player. Moreover, he instantly replaces Jeter as the most marketed Yankee.

Look, I'm a Mets fan. Have been since 1969. Won't change allegiance - ever. And that's despite the Wilpons' utter mismanagement of one of baseball's top five franchises. While I have not rooted for the 1996-era Yankees, I have admired them and the core they built the team upon. At the center of that core is the two-sided beating heart of Torre-Jeter. As we know, Torre will take his wisdom elsewhere next year. And now Jeter has to play beside a third-baseman who is a better shortstop than he is - and is just behind Ruth and Gehrig as the best position players ever to suit up on the Bronx.

And, of course, George Steinbrenner wants them both gone. And that's because George believes that credit for the Yankees great late-90s run should be his and his alone. In his mind, Torre and Jeter are supporting actors to his shining lead. That this is nonsense doesn't matter; it's George's show and he runs it the way he wants to.

So Yankee fans, take long look at shortstop Derek Jeter on Opening Day. Sure, he'll play short for a while - until he gets hurt or slumps or Torre takes an early leave of absence. Hell, he might even last out the season at short. But in 2005, with Torre gone, Jeter will either be at second base - or he'll follow Andy Pettitte out the door.

AGAIN DAGOODS makes sure work of your sorry a$$!!!

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
again you prove your worth...Zero...keep going off topic and trying to prove me wrong or something meanwhile your in your own little world (dagoods:rolleyes: and it is very sad) .....again you decide Jeter sucks ....hes one of the most clutch players in baseball history....but since jeter hasnt won a WS in a few seasons you gotta say he sucks....of course you do...you a little girl who will cry and cry till you get your way.....no one actually tries to agrue with you b/c even when your wrong you will spit out stupid shit for the hell of it like it matters...

keep talking about how steinbrenner is upset about not getting enough credit all you want but it has nothing to do with nothing...your just a little kid who feels better about himself cause A-Rod is your favorite player....talking about Jeter being overpaid, and ?

'he instantly replaces Jeter as the most marketed Yankee'...oh wow so important and unknown :rolleyes: ....no one cares..i know A-Rod is the best player in the league but ive always known...even before you decided you will pick him as your favorite since you think it makes you cool for some reason....you have created your own arguement in which you cannot lose b/c your basically talking to yourself.....so post all you want your still a herb...no reason to argue with you cause even though Jeter is a very good player you will say he sucks......not b/c he does but b/c you need attention and you know only what you read in stats about the game of baseball...Dagoods = starved for attention, thats about it

i dont care how intellectual you were at 10, your still a crazy dude who refers to himself in the third person on a message board, refers to his milk , posts pics of actors and does other stupid shit that only gets laughed at cause its so sad....you got a problem but i doubt its serious cause your not a dumb guy, your just a dork...but im sure you know that

im sure you dont act like this in person though cause then people really would laugh in your face and im sure it hurts more in person then on the computer

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
again you prove your worth...Zero...keep going off topic and trying to prove me wrong or something meanwhile your in your own little world (dagoods and it is very sad) .....again you decide Jeter sucks ....hes one of the most clutch players in baseball history....but since jeter hasnt won a WS in a few seasons you gotta say he sucks....of course you do...you a little girl who will cry and cry till you get your way.....no one actually tries to agrue with you b/c even when your wrong you will spit out stupid shit for the hell of it like it matters...

keep talking about how steinbrenner is upset about not getting enough credit all you want but it has nothing to do with nothing...your just a little kid who feels better about himself cause A-Rod is your favorite player....talking about Jeter being overpaid, and ?

'he instantly replaces Jeter as the most marketed Yankee'...oh wow so important and unknown ....no one cares..i know A-Rod is the best player in the league but ive always known...even before you decided you will pick him as your favorite since you think it makes you cool for some reason....you have created your own arguement in which you cannot lose b/c your basically talking to yourself.....so post all you want your still a herb...no reason to argue with you cause even though Jeter is a very good player you will say he sucks......not b/c he does but b/c you need attention and you know only what you read in stats about the game of baseball...Dagoods = starved for attention, thats about it

i dont care how intellectual you were at 10, your still a crazy dude who refers to himself in the third person on a message board, refers to his milk , posts pics of actors and does other stupid shit that only gets laughed at cause its so sad....you got a problem but i doubt its serious cause your not a dumb guy, your just a dork...but im sure you know that

im sure you dont act like this in person though cause then people really would laugh in your face and im sure it hurts more in person then on the computer
Stop crying you little cry baby!!!

Fact is this: A-ROD is light years ahead of Jeter...
Just like Dagoods is light years ahead your chump a$$!

Jeter sucks now and he's always sucked!!!
end of story!

A-Rod is the best player in baseball period!

hey A$$ Roma, don't cry...BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY...

;)

who in their right minds would dare to laugh at the Dagoods face? I would smack the yellow out of their stinking teeth!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
Jeter's no A-Rod or Nomar

February 7, 2001.

The day we answer the burning question, "So how much is Derek Jeter worth, anyway?"

In recent years, and especially in recent days, it's been the fashion to sing the praises of The Magnificent Derek Jeter. The Greatest Yankee Shortstop, even better than the Scooter. Maybe as good as Nomar Garciaparra. Maybe even as good as Alex Rodriguez, the $250 Million Man.

Jeter's better than Rizzuto. But is he close to being as good as Garciaparra and/or Rodriguez? Here are some key career numbers for each of them:

Alex Nomar Jeter
OPS 935 955 862

Garciaparra has certainly benefited from playing half his games in a good hitter's park, but the advantage certainly can't account for a 93-point difference in OPS. Same story with Rodriguez, who's actually spent the last season-and-a-half playing in a great pitcher's park (and before that, the Kingdome wasn't nearly as hitter-friendly as widely believed). As for the "little things," Jeter is a good baserunner, but no better than Rodriguez. And of course he's not often asked to bunt.

As hitters, Rodriguez and Garciaparra both earn A's, and Jeter gets a B+. Nothing to be ashamed of -- there are plenty of Hall of Fame shortstops who didn't hit like Jeter does -- but he certainly doesn't compare favorably with his slugging peers.

Well, if it's not his hitting, it must be his fielding, right? People rave about Jeter's defense, with Tim McCarver leading the wild-eyed hyperbole parade. However, there is virtually no objective evidence to support the notion that Jeter is a Gold Glove-quality shortstop.

The simplest fielding metric is called Range Factor: Putouts plus Assists, per nine innings.

And Jeter's Range Factor is, in a word, execrable. It's execrable every year. Here's where he ranked, in each of the last five seasons, among major league shortstops who started at least 100 games:

1996 20th of 24
1997 16th of 24
1998 23rd of 25
1999 21st of 21
2000 23rd of 23

Those numbers, elegant in their simple consistency, speak for themselves.

But of course, Range Factor is subject to all sorts of outside influences. Heinous things like pitching staffs and infield surfaces and gosh knows what else. There's a way to account for those outside influences, though. We can compare Jeter to the other Yankees who played shortstop in the same seasons that he did. Unfortunately for the purposes of this little argument, Jeter has been exceptionally durable, but the table below lists Jeter's Range Factor, along with the composite Range Factor of the other Yankee shortstops of the last five seasons.

Jeter "Others"
Innings 6767 461
Range 4.27 4.32

Now, this certainly isn't conclusive. But if Jeter were truly a superior defensive shortstop, wouldn't you expect him to make more plays per nine innings, rather than slightly fewer, than slow-footed players like Luis Sojo and Clay Bellinger?

As I said, Range Factor is subject to various outside influences. Fortunately, Clay Davenport (one of our colleagues at Baseball Prospectus) goes to great pains to adjust for those influences. Davenport's method rates Jeter as 23 runs worse than the average American League shortstop (given the same playing time) last season. That was the worst in the majors.

It was also the worst showing of Jeter's career, but then he's never done well by this measure. In 1999 he was minus-12; in '98, minus-3.

And you know, it's not just Davenport. Fielding statistics are not, despite what you might have heard from your favorite Luddite, meaningless. They can be quite meaningful in the hands of bright people. And as it happens, any number of bright people -- Bill James, Tom Tippett, etc. -- have designed their own methods for evaluating defensive statistics, and I believe that they all reach the same conclusion: Derek Jeter is, at best, an adequate defensive shortstop. He simply doesn't make many plays, and that's true even if you adjust for the left-handedness (or not) of the Yankee pitchers, and it's true even if you also adjust for the tendency of the Yankee pitchers to allow ground balls (or not).

Is Jeter the worst defensive shortstop in the major leagues? Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. There is some evidence to suggest that he is, but I'm sure there's evidence to suggest that he isn't, too. My point is that there's no evidence to suggest that he's an outstanding defensive shortstop, or even a good one.

Wait, that's not precisely true. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence in Jeter's favor. McCarver thinks he's great, and so do a lot of other people. But you know, even Tim McCarver doesn't know everything. McCarver sees that Jeter is adept at snagging pops in short left field, and McCarver sees that Jeter does, indeed, boast a powerful arm. But other observers have seen that Jeter doesn't get a good jump on grounders -- the single most important skill for any middle infielder -- and others have cast doubt on his footwork, especially when he fields balls up the middle.

I simply don't believe that Jeter is a good fielder; the idea that he is a good fielder will likely endure as one of the great baseball myths of our time.

After reading all this, somebody out there will still be arguing, "Yeah, but Jeter's a winner. How many World Series have those other guys won?"

The answer, of course, is that they haven't won any. Zero, compared to Jeter's four.

Vlad Guerrero hasn't played for a World Series winner yet. Does that mean he's not as good as Paul O'Neill? Jeff Bagwell doesn't have a ring yet. Does that mean he's not as good as Tino Martinez? Randy Johnson hasn't reached the Promised Land yet. Does that mean he's not as good as Andy Pettitte?

Of course it doesn't. It's a silly, circular argument. Derek Jeter is great because the Yankees win. The Yankees win because Derek Jeter is great. Round and round we go, and where the specious logic stops, nobody knows.

So what is Jeter worth? If you're the Yankees, he's worth whatever it costs to keep him. Because you've got bottomless pockets, and because Derek Jeter is a very good baseball player.

Those are good reasons. But let's not jump to the ill-founded conclusion that Jeter is in the same class as Rodriguez and Garciaparra. Because he's not.

Rob Neyer is a Senior Writer for ESPN.com. His baseball column runs three times per week from November through February.

and this article was written in 2001 (Jeter at the peak of his career) :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
see what i mean, i said you know nothing...just what other people think.....good looks for proving it dork

edit, and although i agree with what some of that guys says its doesnt go against anything ive said...hes been to all star games, he was mvp for one i believe also...so this baseball writing is supposed to be 100% correct but the managers in the MLB who pick the reserves must be blind to pick jeter ....since they have...but again you can read...heres a cookie

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
its alright corn ball, everyone can read and knows your a loser. later child
Corn Ball? Dagoods doesn't even like CORN that much, you SAP!

said you know nothing...just what other people think.....good looks for proving it dork
These "Other People" are professional writes who share my same point of view!

unlike some little jucky boy who's opinion is worth less than 2 cents...

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
yours isnt worth more then anyone eles's here ...and all people do is laugh at you.....look at the name of the thread...people just clowing you up and down....so who cares..cornball, corny, played out, tired....its all personified by you

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
POLL: Why does As Roma83 disdains Dagoods?

A) Is it because he lacks testicles?
B) Is it because he suffers from ANACONDA envy?
C) Is it because the last time he saw female ginatalia was when he was exiting his mother's womb?
D) Is it because he is still pure?
E) All of the above?

Dagoods will go with E) All of the above!!!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
clearly normal and coherent to what other people say even if i think otherwise, plus i dont behave as a child on here. so again leave it alone.
Blah Blah Blah "FOR ME TO POOP ON'!!!

follow your own advice, make a wise decision for once!

61 - 80 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.