Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn´t find any info about this new Valencia signing here, so here´s some info, and a thread to follow his progress.

The young Norwegian was born in september 1989. Before Tottenham made a surprise move for the youngster in 2006, he played for the norwegian side Gjøvik Lyn, on level 3 in the domestic league. So the interest from Tottenham came as a suprise for mort people. They were said to have payed about 1 million NOK for Alex before they flew him over to London

This was a very big step for the talented lad. A new country, culture and language isnt´t always easy to handle at such a tender age. And the level of football was like from another planet compared to Norway. He played with the youth and reserves while at Tottenham, not really getting his chance with the premiership club. Even tough he showed promise on a number of occations while with the reserves.

But he was often used out of position there, and played out on the flank. Dag Alexander is best as a striker, where he can use his enourmes speed and good finishing skills. He lacks a bit in the tecnique and tactical appartment, but that doesn´t stop him from running past defenders and scoring goals.

Not long ago Valencia signed the norwegian, and yet again it must be said to be a surprise move for the talented player. He didn´t even got one game for Tottenham in the two years he spent there, don´t think he actually reached the bench either, so this was without doubt a transfer nobody could see coming.

Now he has to adapt to another new country again, and he will have big problems with the new language. Dag Alexander hasn´t been with his new club for more than a couple of weeks, but has already made waves after his arrival.

Yesterday Valencia-B played a training match against the belgian champions Standard Liege, who almost beat Livepool in the Champions League qualification earlier this term. So we are talking about a good team here, playing with most of their best players.

The team won 2-1 against the belgian champions, wich was an impressing result in itself. And in the center of the attention was the young norwegian striker Dag Alexander Olsen, who scored both goals for Valencia-B. What a debut for the young promise! He was said being one of the best players on the field, and were a constant threat for the belgians defense.

This could be one for the future in Valencia, hopefulle he developes well in his new country. Did anyone here see the game?

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Who? :googly: :wth:

Just kidding. Nice to see him scoring goals already, he's one for the future. Maybe loan his Norwegian ass out to some La Liga relegation strugglers or something, for a season or two.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Yeah and LCF thinks he's really good looking too. I'll be looking forward to seeing him soon, maybe in copa del rey matches next season? He'll be 20 years old by then won't he? Good age to debut in the first team

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I'd say after he adapts to the life here. Loan him to another club that he has to adapt to isn't necessarily the best thing here.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Just kidding. Nice to see him scoring goals already, he's one for the future. Maybe loan his Norwegian ass out to some La Liga relegation strugglers or something, for a season or two.
A loan when he has just got into Valencia?
Isn't that quite a bit too quick really? :D

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Well he'll be 20 next season, isn't that when we usually send our players on loan..

But regardless, I'm sure the club will see if he's ready for it. I hope they just don't pull an 'Aaron' on him.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The boy is a stud. Will draw the attention of all the girls, and if he makes it big he will be very popular. It´s also good to have something to fall back on(the looks), if he don´t become a great football player.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
v21 isn't older than you:pp

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Well he'll be 20 next season, isn't that when we usually send our players on loan..

But regardless, I'm sure the club will see if he's ready for it. I hope they just don't pull an 'Aaron' on him.
Usually and usually... He's totally new to the club so loaning him out directly would just be more than strange :D
And Mestalla-player such as Michel, Riau, Olcina, Ximo Navarro, are older than Olsen and haven't been loaned out ;)

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Usually and usually... He's totally new to the club so loaning him out directly would just be more than strange :D
As if Valencia isn't known for doing strange stuff :D

And Mestalla-player such as Michel, Riau, Olcina, Ximo Navarro, are older than Olsen and haven't been loaned out ;)
Well if the muppet keeps scoring goals and they see that keeping him at mestalla will hinder his progression, then I think he will be loaned out. Otherwise spending the next six months and an extra year aswell at Valencia Mestalla, doesn't sound bad either.

But I have a feeling guys like Ximo Navarro and Michel need to get some competitive experience on loan from next season as they are ready to make the step up.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts