Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ergo non sum
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon in theaters arround the world! (sounds like a trailer :) )

Starring Tom Hanks.

Trailer: Trailer

Don't know what to expect from this movie, all over the world everyone discussed the book, i think the movie will bring up new discussions about it.

Reading a book is like making a movie in your own mind, so i wonder how the movie will be!

Anybody already seen some reviews?

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Haven't seen any trailers for it, but if it stays true to the book, I can imagine it's going to be one crap-tastic movie! :party:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Well, expecations are high which is allways a bad thing. I dont see how the can squeeze enough of that book into a 2+ hour movie to make it worth while.

·
Ergo non sum
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phoenix said:
Haven't seen any trailers for it, but if it stays true to the book, I can imagine it's going to be one crap-tastic movie! :party:

you can see the trailer by clicking on the link above in my first post.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I think it'll be a good movie - I actually look forward to it. Good cast, good director and the book was so badly writen that looked like the first dodgy draft of a movie script so it just can't get any worse. ;)

Sadly, Brown's mental orgy of crap is going to get publicity again.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
For those without the book, the plot hinges on this:

"Oh, if you stare at the last supper for a bit, you start to see a pony. Surely that's a symbol. Let's investigate...."

Brown won that plaguirism case. Pity, because he clearly is a c*nt.

Still, Audrey's in it. Lovely Audrey. And Tom Hanks. The nicest man on earth.

·
Administrator
52,417 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Sadly, Brown's mental orgy of crap is going to get publicity again.
That's the only reason I was not to glad to see this movie out. As a movie, it shouldn't be too bad, unless its massacred(Not likely with Ron Howard, though I would be glad if it was :D).

But as you said, the stupid and thin plot(Ispecially the ending :pp) makes a typical movie script that should work well(I was actually thinking this is going to be out a movie 5 pages into the book).

The cast is quite good though, besides those Shindig mentionned, there is also Alref Molina, Paul Bethany( as the albino :pp), Ian Mckellan and Jean Reno.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The only misscast is Hanks. He's going to do an adequate job as always, but I was thinking of a darker figure like Jeremy Irons or a better actor like Liam Neeson. ;)

Audrey. :drool:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Osman said:
That's the only reason I was not to glad to see this movie out. As a movie, it shouldn't be too bad, unless its massacred(Not likely with Ron Howard, though I would be glad if it was :D).
"This is all true, and by true, I mean false."

How he got through the lawsuit I've no idea. Copy, paste, etc.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Example: I was out with a girl and she asked me if I have read the Da Vinci Code. I proceeded to deliver an elaborate, detailed rant about its crappyness only to discover that I trashed her favorite book. Everyone has read his books and if you call them for what they are (rubbish) you come out as biggest elitistic snob. That's why I hate Mr Brown.

Oh, and he's a CRAP writer who should have any writting devices (pc, typewriter, pencil) he posseses confiscated.

He's like the Coldplay of literature. A source of overrated, pretentious garbage.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Example: I was out with a girl and she asked me if I have read the Da Vinci Code. I proceeded to deliver an elaborate, detailed rant about its crappyness only to discover that I trashed her favorite book. Everyone has read his books and if you call them for what they are (rubbish) you come out as biggest elitistic snob.
Same happened to me once, the girl asked if I had read the Bible, I trashed it for its inconsistencies, she was displeased. What do we learn from these encounters? Don't talk to chicks about books, it can only go wrong. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Oh, aye. The Church have had a whinge about it over here. Basically saying the conspiracy theories are damaging the church.

Quite right, too. Religion's not about corruption.... anymore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts