Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're out 1-1 at home and nothing more than 0-0 in Beveren. I could wyne about the header that was clearly over the line but wasn't accorded,but I'm not going to.

I saw one of the best games of this year today. It had everything tension, chances, and most of all football of the highest standard. I've seen quite some games this year, national and international matches but what I saw of both teams the first 40 minutes was stunning, an absolutely amazing display.

In possession Beveren is the best team in our league. Those of you who know my idea of football understand that this is something that hurts me to admit, but it would be ridiculous to deny it. The first half our they showed Anderlecht every corner of the pitch. Still we did not panic and never lost control of the game, which against such a technical team as Beveren is an accomplishement. I don't any other teams in Belgium handeling such pressure. And to think that only last year (and the 15 years I can remember) the defence and handling pressure was Anderlecht's weak spot.

Still you could see Beveren's lack of experience. they blew up their motor and after 40 minutes it was over. Anderlecht took over the game. aruna got in the game and showed some spectacular dribbling. Unfortunately he once again lost his cool in front of goal. Even worse was the fact that also Jestrogoal missed several open chances. It was just that kind of game that even if we had played 1000 minutes Anderlecht wouldn't have scored either.

Vey disappointing, because I was really looking forward to winning the dubble. Still a couple of sparks:

Kompany who once again was phenomenal. Man I love this player.
Copa: i really dislike African keepers, but I'm willing to make an exception for this one. Good in the air and someone who reads the game very well
Romaric: strong and technically gifted as few players I know
Junior: the revelation for me since I hadn't noticed him before the 2 leg confrontation. A very strong defensive midfielder who's very good at the relance.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Brussels here we come!!!!!!!!!!
:tongue: :D :tongue: :) :howler: :star: :happy: :happy: :strong: :strong: :tongue: :D :)

What a game, what an atmosphere, what an explosion of happyness

I almost died during the game;) but we've made it, I'm a very happy fan.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Wonderfull for our SK Beveren, but if, just if they win the cupfinal, will they be good representatives in Europe for Belgium or will they be like Lokeren this year ?

Above all, I'll like that the belgian clubs in european competition can make a difference, will be noticted ( only for the benefit of our country )

Is Beveren capable to do so ?

I'll be first to hope so ...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Let's hope so...

euh...., If Brugge plays the final and if they finish second in competition...we are sure of UEFA-cup

must be great, cruisin' down Europe with my club

1 - 4 of 4 Posts