Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Grazer duel - which makes this year's cup final exceptionally interesting. I hope GAK does it, but chances are 50-50.

Sturm Graz - GAK

Schwarzenegger-Stadion, 17.25, ref Brugger

Games in max.Bundesliga: 2:0 (h), 1:1 (a), 2:2 (h), 1:1 (a)

Sturm: Hoffmann - Panadic - Bosnar, Neukirchner/G. Korsos - Masudi, Strafner, Mählich, Wetl, Rojas - Vastic, Haas

Bench: Sidorczuk - Heldt, Fernandez, Szabics, Amoah, Pregelj

GAK: Almer - Tokic - Akoto, Hartmann - Ramusch, Ceh, Aufhauser, Bazina, Dmitrovic - Brunmayr, Kusi-Asare

Bench: Schranz - Milinkovic, Lerant, Gislason, Kollmann, Adu Tutu, Amerhauser

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GAK 3-2 Sturm (Brunmayr2, Kusi-Asare - Vastic 2)
Red card for Hartmann (GAK)

A deserved win for GAK, who played a strong first half. Sturm had a better 2nd half, but as often: Sturm managed to create pressure, but didn't play well. The penalty for Sturm was joke, btw.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I think both penalties were undeserved.

GAK dominated first half, Sturm the second. A draw would fit. GAK was a bit better, so the cup-win for them is okay though.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The foul on Brunmayr in the 5th minute was a penalty. So the GAK-penalty was more or less a "Konzessionsentscheidung".

I think GAK was better - they play more stylishly...:)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Amoah decided the game.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Yep. Surprisingly Kartnig wants to get rid of him... :rolleyes:
He won't get much money, that's for sure. But with Vastic leaving Sturm is almost dead anyway.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Well, the cup is traditionally no big thing in Austria, but the derby made it more important and it was a great evening altogether and at least a reason to party. I'm sure GAK is the team that deserved this win after a good but not always lucky season.

First half was just great, the second being played defensive and nervous is a good old GAK-tradition (the one we all would love to get rid of). Of course Utrecht (and the cup final 2000, and many other games) came to my mind after Vastic's first goal. The red card made it more difficult. It was OK due to what I saw, but Lerant was already standing in the coaching zone and I think he would have replaced Hartmann the following minute. And IMO also Fernandez should have been sent off two minutes later after a brutal foul. (But who cares today...)

Once again it seemed that Sturm would have had simply no chance without Vastic, the 75-million-attack was unbelievable bad, Eric Akoto vs. Mario Haas a rather uneven duel. ;)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
But then again, Haas managed to hit the scoreboard, so the ball didn't go over the roof... :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts