Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Zadar
15.7.2006-21.7.2006

For the first time in history, the Croatian world games will be held in the summer of 2006. Zadar is the first host city!

The event will feature teams from the Croatian diaspora competing for their respictive adopted countires. Croats from Canada, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Peru, Argentina, U.S.A, Australia and more will compete in 18 sports and disciplines.

Sports included are basketball, beach volleyball, volleyball, football, futsal, swimming, table tennis, tennis, taekwondo, karate, bowls, badminton and athletics with various disciplines.

Full media coverage was promised, a spectacle for opening and closing ceremonies and an event for Croatian people world wide. The Tourism Commission and the Croatian World Congress are involved in making this a momentous sporting event for Croatia and Croats everywhere.

for more info visit

http://www.zadar2006.com/

story
http://www.sportnet.hr/Stranica_v2.asp?S=vijest&ID=272269

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's actually an amazing idea, and it starts a week after Germany 06 finishes, so it's bound to be a massive event.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we've already started thinking of entering a Cro-NZ futsal team, gotta get the boys together and on planes. Sure the NZ Cro association will fork up some sponsorship money..they always came through for us, sent to Canberra...why not to Cro? ;)

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Yeah, HS, baseball is still at amateur lever here. But we do have a baseball team here in Split, it's called Nada, in case you haven't known. I even trained it for a while :) Everybody thinks the game is complicated, where in fact is very far from that. Anyways, sorry for the offtopic, the games are gonna rock, im sure of it. And Zadar is nearby Split, so who knows..

·
Registered
69,461 Posts
no, he just told me about it because he knew I loved baseball, he did play for NK Vrlovka youth teams :pp I actually think he still may play for them.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
What a great idea indeed. :thmbup:

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
do Nada need a pitcher? :angel: there is also a team in Karlovac, my cousin was talking to me about it.
Actually, Nada has two best pitchers in the league. Some Chinese or Japanese guy who also plays for Croatian NT and one more fellow. But Nada lacks catcher.
I have to add, those baseball balls are mighty expensive ! Add to that that you can use them only once.. :eek:

·
Registered
69,461 Posts
here in America for a "real" one its $8 but you can always get a "regular" ball for $2. Not big difference really though :D
In Croatia do they use wood bats or metal bats? Maybe one day a Croatian will get drafted by a MLB team and be successful through the minor leagues and then eventually MLB. Not sure if there are any Croatian American players but there are some suspicions.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
Maybe one day a Croatian will get drafted by a MLB team and be successful through the minor leagues and then eventually MLB. Not sure if there are any Croatian American players but there are some suspicions.
It will happen in about 10 years time.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
here in America for a "real" one its $8 but you can always get a "regular" ball for $2. Not big difference really though :D
In Croatia do they use wood bats or metal bats? Maybe one day a Croatian will get drafted by a MLB team and be successful through the minor leagues and then eventually MLB. Not sure if there are any Croatian American players but there are some suspicions.
Metal bats, ofcourse. Durability is in the first place, since they have almost no money. If the ball isn't too damaged, sometimes they used it more than once too. The judge will 'evaluate' the ball :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts