·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He's coming home lads.

ALEX FERGUSON HINTS AT RETURN FOR RONALDO

Sunday March 14,2010
By John Richardson

SIR Alex Ferguson has opened the door to a sensational return to Manchester United for £80million golden boy Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Old Trafford boss has maintained his close bond with the winger who developed into the best player in the world under Ferguson’s tutelage. Sir Alex – who admitted being disappointed for Ronaldo after Real Madrid went crashing out of the Champions League in midweek – said: “Cristiano knows the value of Manchester United. That’s the thing. What the players have got here is protection. They come to training every day and there is nobody here to disturb them.

“I don’t think Real Madrid is an easy club to play for. There is a circus attached to it. There are often loads of fans and an intensive media always filming them.”

Ronaldo has confided to friends that he misses life at Old Trafford and in particular Ferguson’s guiding hand. Ferguson revealed: “You would like to think that one day he will come back, but you never know. I don’t think he will stay at Real Madrid for life or anything like that.

“There will be other challenges and he is that type of player who welcomes them.”

Despite their exit for the sixth season running at the last 16 knockout stage of the Champions League Real Madrid are neck and neck with Barcelona in the race to be crowned La Liga champions.

Even so the summer is likely to bring another change of manager while at Manchester United the Portuguese star was happy to work under one man, Ferguson.

Ferguson admitted: “I have a good bond with him. He is a good guy. I like Cristiano, he is as straight as a dye, a good personality, a good feller.”

Ferguson also knows that Ronaldo’s agent, the respected Jorge Mendes, was keen on the player remaining at Old Trafford but the pull of his boyhood favourite side was too much last summer.

http://express.co.uk/posts/view/162929/Alex-Ferguson-hints-at-return-for-Ronaldo-

------

Ronaldo - I miss United and maybe I could return to Old Trafford

Cristiano Ronaldo may play for Manchester United again one day, saying: 'Maybe in the future I could return.'

The 25-year-old departed for Real Madrid in a world record £80million deal last summer after six seasons at Old Trafford, which yielded three Barclays Premier League titles, a Champions League crown and numerous other team and personal honours.

The move was long mooted, with Ronaldo's desire to play in Spain and the astronomical transfer fee eventually seeing the forward switch to the Bernabeu.

Ronaldo, who joined United for £12.24m from Sporting Lisbon aged 18, has made a strong start to his Real career, scoring 11 times in 13 Primera Division appearances - including two goals in last night's win over Xerez - and six times in four Champions League appearances.

But he may pull on a Red Devils shirt again.

'Of course I miss playing for Manchester United,' Ronaldo said.

'I played there for six years and that's a long time.

'I am still interested in watching Manchester United and, you never know, maybe in the future I could return to play there.

'It's always possible.'

Ronaldo has a long-term contract at Real which he plans to honour, but he stressed his fondness for Sir Alex Ferguson, his former United team-mates and the Old Trafford club.

'I want to fulfil my contract here but, in the future, only God knows,' he added.

'I will not say I am not happy here at Real Madrid.

'I am really happy and everyone knows this is my club but, of course, I miss Manchester United, the boss, the players, because I left family there.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1250906/Ronaldo--I-miss-United-maybe-I-return-Old-Trafford.html

Madrid will have been hit hard financially by their 6th consecutive embarrassing last 16 CL exit and times are hard. Can't see them saying no to £40m.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Not this summer but next.

We'll get our shit together off the field this summer. Ronaldo will want to try and give his all at Madrid for another season then he'll realise what a bunch of fannies he's joined and he'll be ringing Fergie up wanting to come home.

Summer 2012. (If we're all still here.)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Such a pity our old friend Joshua's been banned.

This thread was for him and him only.

In all seriousness, I can't ever see this happening but can you see Ronaldo finishing his career at that Circus? I can't.

Karma is a bitch though, Fergie says stuff for a reason, he hasn't stopped praising Ronaldo since he left and Ronaldo giving compliments back in press to someone who keeps mocking Madrid can't be good in the eyes of Perez.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
In all seriousness, I can't ever see this happening but can you see Ronaldo finishing his career at that Circus? I can't.
I also can´t. He´s 24 now, how long is his contract? 5 years? He´s 29 then, and if he´s won everything with them he might leave. Maybe italian league is attractive for him in a few years.

Only if he wins nothing there he´ll leave next summer.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
He'll try his best at Madrid, Perez will continue to fcuk about and Ronaldo will get sick of it all and realise how good he had it at United.

Summer of 2012.:shades:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
lol- nice thread.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Di Marizzle perhaps

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I'd pick Di Maria over that maggot ;)

It would be silly to even imagine that he would ever return. Madrid have too much ego to re-sell after buying him for that ridiculous money.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I'd pick Di Maria over that maggot ;)

It would be silly to even imagine that he would ever return. Madrid have too much ego to re-sell after buying him for that ridiculous money.
I agree, only way they can do this is a swap for Rooney :smileani:

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I agree, only way they can do this is a swap for Rooney :smileani:
That would without a doubt be the most mindboggling/ridiculous deal to ever occur in football. Imagine... we once had them both, gave one to Madrid to test and use, and then swapped for the other to have a crack. Crying material. That would officially make us Madrid's bitches! (Eventhough all of our deals with them have worked out for the better for us)

We've discussed that now and never again ;)

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I can't believe the comments in this thread. Ronaldo is a United legend and one of the greatest players to wear our shirt. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts