Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The teams of Africa are not doing so well as somebody is following to say.
Just 1 out of 5 qualified (I consider Tunisia out).
Nigeria just did one point and i see that their new players are not so good and the old ones are no more brilliant.
Camerun team should be good reading the names, but they were really disappointing. See the match against Saudi Arabia....
South Africa and Tunisia are two mediocre teams.
Just Senegal showed to be a good team, but they risked a lot against Uruguay ( a team can't draw after leading 3-0!) and I think that Sweden will beat them.
I remember twelve years ago (when Camerun did a good WC in Italy) somebody who said that the African teams would have been the champions of 2000s. ... I think that we have to wait a hundred more years...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i think that they present a good performance in this wc...but i don't know what happened...may be luck play an essential role in get out of Africa teams...but really they were good...

·
Registered
9 Posts
African Teams

Hi Torino man!

Hello, yes i know what u mean , i dont know also, i have only been following soccer since 98. I dont know much about team statistics, but we shall see how it goes.

I think all countries have improved with soccer. African Teams have also become much better from the last time i looked. I think South Africa has been playing better than 98 France. We should have won Spain , but gave away an early goal, i dont know who is to blame for that or if that was a mistake.

Look at Denmark, they are good i think. brilliant. Everybody said Enlgland was use;ess but i think not!. They have gone somwhere.

Look at Senegal , it is their first time. I agree with the fact of winning 3-0 and then being caught up to 3-3. That is bad yes.

I think that all teams have improved and thats why Argentina and Italy and France have done crap this year. I dont know?

Anyways , tell me more....

Cheers

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Toni, I have to disagree with you here.
I was surprised and amazed by the fun flying football Senegal and Cameroon produced so far, and at the same time, they managed to defend pretty well too :)
Sure, Cameroon were kicked out, but the way they played in the first half against Ireland could've sent any top european nation home. Unfortunatly Cameroon have a tradition of getting overconfident while leading a game, for example:

Against England in 1990
Against Sweden 1994

As for Nigeria, they simply were unlucky with the draw. Lets say Tunisia and Nigeria would've switched groups, I bet my fat :ass: that Nigeria would progress :stuckup:
Only African team I can't give much credit to is Tunisia, although they played pretty well against Belgium.

I think African football is finally taking the talents from it's players and mixing it with tactical knowledge from European coaches (Metsu and Schäfer). When combined, it creates a lethal weapon :skull:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Senegal won against Sweden, just disapointed :(

I actually think that after seeing Senegal in their group, I seriously think they can make it to the finals :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Cracker and Toni and rest...

Hi

Can u tell me what u think or thought about group B. I want to know if South Africa had a touch team for South Africa if u know what i mean and like how do u think SA performed compared to 1998.

Anyways , cheers

Have to go sleep now,

past 6 am lol, been up on irc all night.

chow

Imre

·
Registered
47,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sleep peacefully, Cracker. Sweden is going to beat Senegal.
The team I saw against Uruguay was an ingenuous team, they are the "classic" African team who is unable to keep concentrated for ninety minutes.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
looks like we were wrong about senegal-sweden

·
Registered
47,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ToniSamp said:
Sleep peacefully, Cracker. Sweden is going to beat Senegal.
The team I saw against Uruguay was an ingenuous team, they are the "classic" African team who is unable to keep concentrated for ninety minutes.
HE HE HE.... I could not not wite anything wronger! :D :D :D :D
Sorry Cracker....

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I think the Asian and African countries are improving each WC they enter. One of the reasons is that European coaches are tacking their knowledge to their football and adding that to their game. Most Africans are fast, like Senegal and teams like Japan have improved under foreign coaches. One team who was dissapointing though was Cameroon.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Nigeria is playing in the Death Group, so nothing wrong with it...since any team from there who goes out are good teams.

Cameroon is not playing as good as African Champions As for Africans Runners-up Senegal is great and can go on further meeting Japan/Turkey....good chance for the Africans... they play good entertaining soccer. Risk Taking too. African soccer is improving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts