Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Counterattacking-style calcio, when executed perfectly, is one of the most beautiful things about the sport. I'm thinking of a tight defense and midfield who strike with lightning passes forward to our attackers, who punish the opponent before they even have a chance to get down the field. The Aquilani goal vs. Lazio on Sunday is a perfect example, the latest example of our style and precision on the counters. Mancini really faked those defenders out and just laid it there for Alberto, who kept it soft and low to score. The 2006 "magic" (thanks Chivu4) depends on these acts of beauty, and La Roma, Team Unit, has provided em. :thumbsup: Any other counters you'd like to mention? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
The goal against Milan was pure beauty. Also in the same game, that multiple passes between Totti, Mancini and Taddei was one of the best thing i've seen this season.

Spalletti has invented a new way of play. It's a mixture of classic catenatcio, Brazil short passes, and a new style where midfielders come from behind to enter the box exactly in the perfect moment to hit the cross. The good thing about all this that you don't need a striker for such way. genius!

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
I haven't been as excited about the way Roma plays since Zeman was here...in 99. As you say Primo, when executed perfectly...it's just downright beautiful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts