Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First legs start on July 23 but I wanted to make the thread to remind me to watch the damn thing.

·
Administrator
29,384 Posts
Cruzeiro and River pretty much the game of the next round. Cruzeiro just went in a hell momment, lucky they will have time to fix things, after all they are now 9 games without wins. Badly, when they return, they will have also a Brazilian cup city derby to deal, so either they recover they momentum or will be a dark hell for them this second semester.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cruzeiro and River pretty much the game of the next round. Cruzeiro just went in a hell momment, lucky they will have time to fix things, after all they are now 9 games without wins. Badly, when they return, they will have also a Brazilian cup city derby to deal, so either they recover they momentum or will be a dark hell for them this second semester.
How do you see Flamengo's chances? and are both Boca and River the biggest favorites?

·
Administrator
29,384 Posts
Flamengo defense and fulls backs are poor and they have good options for similar positions (Ewerthon Ribeiro, Diego and Arascaeta). They just fired their coach and hired Jorge Jesus, a dude with some good work four years ago for Benfinca and nothing else and that know little about the competition here in SA. Let's see what he will do when playing libertadores. Those europeans are made of soft cotton.

·
Administrator
24,773 Posts
Good luck to jj...hes stubborn as hell lol i dont know how well it will work with the players...hes a tough demanding guy

One thing is for sure...his press conferences are too funny and u'll have a blast:D

·
Administrator
29,384 Posts
They have a decent kid on left full-back, anything better than Pará, their starter, a brainless thug.

·
Administrator
24,773 Posts
Wow jj"s love for coentrao remains lol hes a physical player but due to his age and past injuries, the "dirty" side has overthrown his qualities so i have my doubts on how useful he will be. Rafinha though remains a talented competitive player

·
Super Moderator
13,218 Posts
Big win yesterday by Palmeiras at Gremio.

Today, De Rossi's Boca play Liga de Quito and Flamengo (without Gabigol) at Maracaná vs Paolo Guerrero's Inter

·
Super Moderator
13,218 Posts
Fla beat Inter 2-0 . Terribly rough game, two goals after 75’ and then Nico Lopez missed good chances for Inter. Gabigol did play.

Boca won 3-0 away in Quito. De Rossi was on the bench all game in the altitude alongside Carlitos Tevez.

·
Administrator
29,384 Posts
Flamengo trashed Gremio in the second half, 4 goals in 20 minutes and willl play River Plate the first final in a single game of Libertadores. Both teams probally very sad for losing a lot of money with the tickets.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
The Final is in Santiago, advantage Chickens.

RiBer will win me thinks, early goal and then frustrate the hell out of the younger, quicker side.

·
Administrator
29,384 Posts
He is comic as hell, but Fla squad is more expensive than some squads in PL (read that somewhere, didn't bother to check), but you can see it compared to Grêmio, which is basically made of rejects and youth division players (the more expensive player they have is Diego Tardelli, who is a veteran). However, I like one player from Fla and Jesus is at least a good coach for the kid (Gerson).

·
Super Moderator
13,218 Posts
Tremendous win yesterday for Flamengo.

River are a more solid team I think but momentum put Flamengo on equal footing. Haven’t been watching any of them in their leagues though.

Yeah it’s going to be odd not to have a home and away final. But they need to copy everything of course. Let’s see if Santiago is ready for the final, still several weeks to go.

No chance of keeping Gabigol long term?

·
Administrator
24,773 Posts
He is comic as hell, but Fla squad is more expensive than some squads in PL (read that somewhere, didn't bother to check), but you can see it compared to Grêmio, which is basically made of rejects and youth division players (the more expensive player they have is Diego Tardelli, who is a veteran). However, I like one player from Fla and Jesus is at least a good coach for the kid (Gerson).
He is a good coach, and he is very good with some players, but he has a huge ego and he is sooooo funny talking :howler: specially when hes not ur coach anymore:D gerson huh, taking note:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts