Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sydney draws inexorably closer and the Brazilian Under-23 team already has two friendly matches arranged in August against Chile’s Olympic side. The first of these matches will be on 07 August in Santiago (Chile) and the return on 13 in Brazil (the location has yet to be determined). Several changes have been made to the Under-23 squad, such as keeper Helton (Vasco da Gama), midfielder Roger (Fluminense) and striker Geovani (Cruzeiro).

The players that have been called up are:

Keepers:
Elton (Vasco);
Fabio Costa (Santos).

Zagueiros:
Lúcio (Internacional);
Álvaro (Sao Paulo);
Fábio Bilica (Venezia);
Andre (Santos).

Wingers:
Baiano (Santos)
Fabio Aurelio (Sao Paulo);
Athirson (Flamengo);
Flavio (Fluminense).

Midfielders:
Marcos Paulo (Cruzeiro);
Fabiano (Sao Paulo);
Geovani (Cruzeiro);
Mozart (Flamengo);
Alex (Palmeiras);
Edu (Sao Paulo);
Roger (Fluminense).

Strikers:
Ronaldinho (Gremio);
Leandro (Fiorentina);
Lucas (Atletico-PR).

A

·
0 Posts
we can make it through with this team.
no overage players called up(good news :D )

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
O.k here is my second challenge here in the Brasilian forum :):):)

i was wondering what i am gonna talk to you guys about now that i am officially a loser :(:(:(

But i remembered the Olympics are coming hahahaha guess what......Italy are there!!!!!!!!

Honestly though Brasil don't have much competition this year without Argentina without Nigeria bringing in any of their stars.

Its gonan be a tough ride.

italy are good enough but they are only carrying youngsters and teh Brasilians as always have a superior technique and the young Italians don't yet have the discipline to defeat the Brasilians with fully fledged internationals like Ronaldinho Rivaldo and Alex

Brazil's only competition will probably come from Spain...other than that they will probably walk through to the gold medal.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
brazil has had better teams, featuring ronaldo, dunga, bebeto, roberto carlos, etc., but has never won this olympic gold. and there is no such thing as a walk in the park. but, yes, brazil has a great chance to win this thing.

rivaldo probably will not go. obviously, the under-23 midfield belongs to alex. he's the captain. putting rivaldo wouldn't make sense. rivaldo needs a rest. just imagine, tazz, if brazil takes romario! romario and ronaldinho in the front, alex behind them.

this is the medal i want for brazil!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
falcao,
and Pedrinhoand felipe serving tehm also, with Athirson coming up the flank.....JESUS it wil be a DREAM COME TRUE..let's hope LUXEMBURGO OPEN HIS EYES.
Again, our biggest rivls is our heads.....i just want to se voerconfidence in US SUPPORTERS, not the players..then we win EASY!:)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Who is in Brasil's group?

i predict an Italy/Spain Brasil final.

Of course Italy will win :D:D:D

·
Registered
390 Posts
luxemburgo is allowed to call 3 players over 23 right?
whos it gonna be?
i agree wit falcao...rivaldo shouldnt be called cuz we already gots alex.
i think they should be emerson, dida(although helton has been a surprisingly good keeper), and vampeta (i would say r.carlos but that means more minutes for flamengo-prodigy athirson)
as much as i would like to see romario, i doubt luxemburgo will call him.
i think thats a pretty solid competitiveteam, no doubt that felipe n edu should be called

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
that's a great group for brazil to be in. if we beat colombia 9-0 and argentina 4-2, what will happen to south africa, slovakia and japan? the referee will have to stop the games at halftime!

there have been a lot of questions about who the three over-23 players will be. because the young guys are so talented and good as a team already, i think it's important that the three over-23 players are good LEADERS. they will be needed more for their leadership on and off the field than for their football performance.

but the one problem the team has had is the same as the national team: finding a dependable attacking partnership. luxemburgo has tried a bunch of guys up front with ronaldinho gaucho, like roni, lucas, warley (as a substitute a few times), christian, fabio junior. but none of them scored any goals, except roni. that's why i think romario should go. you KNOW he will score tons of goals. but, you are right, udud, i don't think luxemburgo will take him.

i would like to see: EMERSON, ROMARIO, VAMPETA. i don't think dida will go, but he would be a good choice because he has so much experience. how about this: dida, emerson, vampeta? that would put experienced players in goal and in midfield, allowing alex to concentrate on making goals for ronaldinho up front instead of controlling the midfield.

or maybe we need an experience player in defense. i don't know. i'm too confused. i just know we are going to win this thing! (but where are the goals going to come from? we cannot leave ronaldinho gaucho alone up front.)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
The over 23 players will be a tough choice. In 96 Zagallo made it clear taht it would be one defender (Aldair), one midfielder (Rivaldo) and one forward (Bebeto).
Now will Luxemburgo do the same thing? I really don't know, and i doubt.
My pick today would probably be: Cafu, Vampeta and Romario.....rest Rivaldo the guy has not had a vacation in 4 years, and travelling across the atlantic every month must be very tiring.

My team today would be:
1.Helton (Vasco)
2.Cafu (Roma) 3.Fabio Bilica (Venezia) 4.Alvaro (Sao Paulo) 6.Athirson (Flamengo)

8.Vampeta (Corinthians) 5.Felipe (Vasco)

10.Alex (Parma) 9.Pedrinho (Vasco)

7.Ronaldinho Gaucho (Gremio) 11. Romario (Vasco)

although we must preserve Romario, as he has been injkured so many times theses last years...and we cannot force a lot his muscles :( But even half fit he will be the best in the pitch and score those olympic golden goals!:)

And one thing....this left side will simply be MAGIC...felipe, Athirson and Pedrinho....let's see if Canavarro can cope with that Mr TAzz. :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ze, do you really think cafu has a chance to be called for the olympic team after he walked out on the selecao? i don't think so.

and i know luxemburgo likes dida a lot, so i would not be surprised to see him called.

basically, i think the team needs a proven goal-scorer in the front. brazil can win this thing easily with just one over-23 players.

A

·
0 Posts
it was said that roberto carlos will go to the olympics
if he doesnt go its good news for me coz he will stay with madrid

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Falcao,
the right back position we have no one their..he should take him.....he is better than baiano for sure,
Why take Roberto Carlos?? We got Athirson and Fabio Aurelio who can do what roberto Carlos does and more......if he takes Roberto Carlos he is an idiot..simple as that!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ze, if cafu went, i would not be upset. he's a hard worker and could be a good influence on the team (if his recent attitude changes).

and roberto carlos should not go! he's another guy, like rivaldo, who is playing too much. give the guy a rest. the olympic team does not NEED him. the only position the olympic team needs is attacker to help ronaldinho gaucho.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Canavarro can handle anything you throw at him :):):)

The thing is that the guys trying to handle the Brasilians will be Grandoni and Gattusso.

You see the difference?

Zambrotta will be on the left wing not the right. And Canavarro aint going to the Olypmpics because he aint interested.

Canavarro and all the other senior players will not be attending the Olympics.

Our formation will probably be the 4-5-1 like this.

Grandoni...Ferrari...Zanchi...Mezzano

...........Baronio...Ambrosini.......

Gattusso.........Pirlo.......Zambrotta

...........Ventola/Commandini........

Sure its a decent team but it cannot live with the Brasilains. Anyway....i still think we can win if we have some luck....

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hey: Is Alex brand new to Parma, going from Palmeiras? Or has he been Serie A for a season or more? I agree with you all. His fluid movements are pure grace.

A

·
0 Posts
even zambrotta is a first team international then why is he going to the olympics.

anyways do the gmes at olympics count as full international caps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts