Xtratime Community banner

Who should coach RM next season?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luxemburgo signed for this season and the next one, but it seems that the club is going to do a survey among the socios, asking them for their opinion about 2 other coaches: Fabio Capello and Rafa Benítez.

I thought it would be an interesting question to be discussed. Should Luxa stay and continue his work with a free hand? Or should we sign Rafa Benítez whos doing a great work in Liverpool? Or bring back Capello with whom we won La Liga 1996/97?

I will additionally open a poll. It is public, so everybody can see your name. Youve got exactly 1 vote.

if you want any other coaches please name them here.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I would give Luxa another year. He came to the club in a shitty situation and he deserves credit for what he's done untill now. It's true, that we are out of the CL and probably lost the league title, but I don't see it as his fault. With our aging players no coach would have an easy job.
For the team it's tough to change coaches every 3 months and we shouldn't do so imo. ;)

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hala Madrid said:
Del Bosque.
Del Bosque would certainly not come back when Perez is still ruling RM. Also: DelB is already tied with Deportivo for the next season.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
Del Bosque.
Not a realistic answer, mate. It was like asking Nuñez for Cruyff some years ago. Simply impossible.

If you had to choose among the 3 on the list, who are the realistic choices, who would you choose?

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Oh, my bad. So we asking for realistic choices not fantasies? :D :depress:

I dont remember us being linked with Rafa and i doubt that he would leave Liverpool anyway. He just started building a good team over there but one thing that might bring him here is that hes a Madridista so maybe Florentino could lure him away. He is an exceptional coach with a great potential IMO, the only objection to me is i dont want to see his futbol in Madrid. Hes a winner yes, but i dont like that futbol of his.

As for Cappello, he is an excellent disciplanarian but we dont need him since supposedly our egoistic galacticos are rumoured to be leaving anyway and i also dont like his futbol.

I say we go for Camacho again :D

·
20,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hala Madrid said:
Realistic choises!!!! ;)

·
40,147 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
Oh, my bad. So we asking for realistic choices not fantasies? :D :depress:

I dont remember us being linked with Rafa and i doubt that he would leave Liverpool anyway. He just started building a good team over there but one thing that might bring him here is that hes a Madridista so maybe Florentino could lure him away. He is an exceptional coach with a great potential IMO, the only objection to me is i dont want to see his futbol in Madrid. Hes a winner yes, but i dont like that futbol of his.

As for Cappello, he is an excellent disciplanarian but we dont need him since supposedly our egoistic galacticos are rumoured to be leaving anyway and i also dont like his futbol.

Yes, you've been linked with Benitez. At least, I've heard that 2 weeks ago and today it appears in Marca too.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
benitez and capello are both not realistic. stick with
luxemburgo, he's not that bad. you need new players not a new coach!

·
40,147 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
Why you got Rafa in the poll then?
Because Real Madrid is doing a survey among their socios asking for Capello and Benítez. Since 2 weeks ago, I've heard rumours about it. It's not a foolish idea.

If RM is going to ask about Benitez, it's because they think that they can sign him (it doesn't mean that they're going to sign him, it means that they could try it, they consider him an option).

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I think Luxemburgo could turn around things in your club to the better if he got the resources needed. because of that I want him to leave. ;) At any rate will it be interesting to see what changes you will make for next season.

I know Cappello is a very demanding coach and would only come if he got some promised players to use.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Because Real Madrid is doing a survey among their socios asking for Capello and Benítez. Since 2 weeks ago, I've heard rumours about it. It's not a foolish idea.

If RM is going to ask about Benitez, it's because they think that they can sign him (it doesn't mean that they're going to sign him, it means that they could try it, they consider him an option).
So they can do that all they like but it still don't meak it realistic.

Just like signing Gerrard, no chance

·
40,147 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
So they can do that all they like but it still don't meak it realistic.

Just like signing Gerrard, no chance
Again, I don't say that I'll happen, but nothing is impossible in football...

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I really like Vanderlei Luxemburgo. Before he took over we were a complete joke, at least we managed to win a few games after he took over and we also managed to outplay Juventus at the Bernabeu. We were unlucky with injuries just when we were starting our tough stretch of games (Bilbao, Deportivo, Betis, Valencia...) and I don't think it is fair to judge Luxemburgo on that basis. It's bad enough having a thin squad, but when you lose some of your best players at a crucial stage of the season like that then there really isn't much you can do about it.

He is a first-class coach who will bring out the best in his players. All he needs is time and a new management unit who will bring in the right players.

We've had four coaches in less than a year, the last thing we should be thinking about is bringing in a new coach.

We need stability more than anything.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Luxemburgo is a good coach. He has won titles with several clubs, dealing with various types of players. His pedigree is beyond doubt in my opinion.

If he gets a REAL squad of hungry players, rather than a handful of lazy, "playing for the money" types mixed with several youth players, then he could achieve plenty with Madrid.

Benitez and Capello are in their first seasons with their clubs, both huge clubs in their own right. It would be extremely unlikely for one of them to quit after a single season, when they would feel there is still much work to be done and plenty to achieve there. Plus the obvious problem of contracts and compensation.

Your problem is not your coach, in my book. He is fine, he just needs to be given the proper "equipment", as Google translators would say. :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts