Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a lyonnaise perspective of course.
i would say the PSG, with gameiro, hoarau, nene, menez...
what do you think ? maybe lille because their collectif ?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Except Lyon wich could possibly wake up, PSG for sure. PSG and Lille. I see a first duo in PSG and Lille. Lille for the reason Mali said: for the collective with very reliable players in each line but also for some individual talents. Paris: same reasons except if they sign too much players. But I don't think they will do senseless signings.
Then a second duo OM-OL: the transfers are not over, hope for OM they will sign an international class player at midfield otherwise it will be complicated. The mission for OL consists more in a new formula to be found with approximatively the same players.
Then, always a surprising team. So, I don't exactly know why but I'd see it well: a Bordeaux's come-back. So, not an unknown club. It was still the best of the average teams last season. Maybe the reason for we can count on them is the arrival of Gillot as a coach added to a spirit of revenge from the players after a difficult relationship with their former coach.
Last thing about Lille, they have some fundations and they seems to manage well with some players departures. Also, at the same time, Lille plays the CL this season in addition to the difficulty of confirming their success wich was mainly made being consistent against average teams (they didn't beat the top clubs except OM once). That makes me think their equilibrium is still fragile as for many clubs. Accordingly, PSG really becomes the ogre of the L1. It remains to be seen whether other clubs will be eaten.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
イラ;8706738 said:
The French league is less predictable than other leagues, I think. At the top it can get very tight. Many teams can compete and there might be a surprise. It's not like Spain. So, I'm not sure.
You've clearly never seen the Scottish First Division then Jefficito :cool:

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hehe:D

seriously, if putting money in a club is enough to make it win a league, manchester city would be champion at this hour.

·
Registered
42,460 Posts
I've only got to see French clubs in the continental competitions, not Ligue 1. Starting from this season though I hope this will change as we have a new channel. People say the league has a lot of low scores - what is the nature of the league, how would you define it? Like EPL - pacy, physical, Serie A - tactical, defensive...

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's very tactical and defensive league, that's the reason why we don't have many goals scored.

lyon will play porto tomorrow, better they win if they don't want upset me.

·
Registered
42,460 Posts
Well... I think I will say that no matter what the pursuit is, anything can be considered serious if there's a group of people who are eager and passionate and dedicated to their craft or whatever the passion is, even if it's derided in the eyes of some others.

For example in South Korea there are professional video game players and they dedicate so many hours to their games, training for competitions, and the pressure is very intense and even a large TV audience is watching them as they play.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
OM, OL and PSG are my top 3 picks this season. OM and OL still have very good squads and are used to handling CL and league commitments together. PSG because of their big spending, and I think they've bought the right players too. Lille I don't think can pose a threat, eventually the loss of key players and the CL fatigue will catch up with them. Bordeaux and Auxerre are somewhat dangerous, but in the end, they will be scrapping for UEFA Cup positions with Rennes and Sochaux.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
They probably will. They may have trouble getting off the blocks, but once the squad starts to gel, they'll be a scary prospect.

Very interested to see Ajaccio this season as well. Always nice to have a team from Corsica in Ligue 1.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Very interested to see Ajaccio this season as well. Always nice to have a team from Corsica in Ligue 1.
True, although I'd prefer the classic Corsican team in Bastia but oh well, maybe soon.

Ajaccio were around few years ago and were reasonably solid for a few seasons.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts