Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is raining yeah ! :devil:

At least it is what they say.

Who will lift le pavé and succeed to that man ? (Hope students will be calm, but i somehow fear they won't)

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
N.27 (Troisvilles, Km 98): 2200 m de pavés (cotation 3)
N.26 (Viesly, Km 104,5): 1800 m (3)
N.25 (Quiévy, Km 107): 3700 m (4)
N.24 (Saint-Python, Km 112): 1500 m (2)
N.23 (Vertain, Km 119,5): 1900 m (3)
N.22 (Le Buat, Km 126,5): 1700 m (3)
N.21 (Verchain-Maugré, Km 138): 1600 m (3)
N.20 (Quérénaing, Km 141): 2500 m (3)
N.19 (Maing, Km 144): 1600 m (3)
N.18 (Haveluy, Km 155,5): 2500 m (4)
N.17 (Trouée d'Arenberg, Km 163,5): 2400 m (5)
N.16 (Wallers, Km 170): 1600 m (4)
N.15 (Hornaing à Wandignies, Km 176,5): 3700 m (3)
N.14 (Warlaing à Brillon, Km 184): 2400 m (4)
N.13 (Tilloy à Sars-et-Rosières, Km 187,5): 2400 m (3)
N.12 (Orchies, Km 198,5): 1700 m (3)
N.11 (Auchy-lez-Orchies à Bersée, Km 205): 2600 m (3)
N.10 (Mons-en-Pévèle, Pavé de la Croix, Km 210,5): 3000 m (5)
N.9 (Mérignies, rue de la Rosée, Km 216,5): 700 m (2)
N.8 (Pont-Thibaut, Km 219,5): 1400 m (3)
N.7 (Templeuve, l'Epinette, Km 225): 200 m (1)
(Moulin de Vertain, Km 225,5): 500 m (2)
N.6 (Cysoing à Bourghelles, Km 232): 1300 m (4)
(Bourghelles à Wannehain, Km 234,5): 1100 m (4)
N.5 (Camphin-en-Pévèle, Km 239): 1800 m (4)
N.4 (Carrefour de l'Arbre, Km 242): 2100 m (5)
N.3 (Gruson, Km 244): 1100 m (2)
N.2 (Hem, Km 251): 1400 m (1)
N.1 (Roubaix, espace Charles-Crupelandt, Km 257,5): 300 m (1)

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Come on Fabian!!!!

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Boonen is watching the chu chu train :howler:

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
I couldn't watch the race :(. Unfortunately Boonen didn't win. It would truely have made him a legend. Didn't know Cancelara had this in him, so that is nice as well

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strange story with the train, Van petegem did not know that rule ? It is more about theirs security anyways...

·
Registered
985 Posts
It's a strange situation indeed. Overhere it's even been reported that the assistant of the jury actually said to them that it was ok to cross.
Normally when a cyclist experiences a delay because of that, the others have to stand still for the same amount of time as well no? And Boonen & Co also left before the road was open again...

All in all it's a pity that the truly impressive victory of Cancellara is in a way overshadowed by this.

:star:

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
A train in the final of a race like Paris-Roubaix? :eekani:

That sounds a little amateuristic to me. How come the train didn't get stopped, let alone drove there at that time :confused:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
So Hoste, Petegem and Gusev are banned, do you think Boonen's group must be disqualified too?

I'm not too sure, but they all ignored the closed barriers.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
How can't one fvcking train be stopped for such an important race was always beyond me... :googly:
Dunno if it would have any impact on final results but still...

·
Registered
985 Posts
Knoert said:
So Hoste, Petegem and Gusev are banned, do you think Boonen's group must be disqualified too?

I'm not too sure, but they all ignored the closed barriers.
According to the reports Hoste, Van Petegem and Gusev just drove through the barriers, while Boonen, Ballan and Flecha were allowed to cross by an official. That way it would make sense, although it's nevertheless a blunder of the organisation imo.

OAnimal said:
How can't one fvcking train be stopped for such an important race was always beyond me... :googly:
Dunno if it would have any impact on final results but still...
Their excuse was that it was an international train, so they couldn't do anything about it...

No idea what the impact on the final results would have been. I don't think they would have been able to catch Cancellara. The group with Boonen, Flecha and Ballan however could have catched the group with Hoste, Gusev and Van Petegem. And if it comes to a sprint with that group the results would have been very different I suppose.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Admiral said:
According to the reports Hoste, Van Petegem and Gusev just drove through the barriers, while Boonen, Ballan and Flecha were allowed to cross by an official.
On TV, you can clearly see Hoste, Van Petegem and Gusev get there as the barriers are dropping and then they duck under the train crsossing and get by. The rest, Boonen, Ballan and Flecha get there almost simultaneously with the train and they stop. IMO, thee was no way, that the latter three get to cross without getting hit by the train.

Admiral said:
No idea what the impact on the final results would have been. I don't think they would have been able to catch Cancellara. The group with Boonen, Flecha and Ballan however could have catched the group with Hoste, Gusev and Van Petegem. And if it comes to a sprint with that group the results would have been very different I suppose.
I don't think that Cancellara would had gotten caught, he was going faster and faster, his times were similar to his tiem trial times.

By the way, did anyone see the Hincapie crash?:eekani: Wow, his stem just breaks off the bike and the handlebars go flying. He tries hard to keep his balance but all efforts in vain, he hit the ground hard. Broke a couple of bones in his shoulder and is out until the Tour de France.

Another point of the race, Boonen made a huge critical mistake in the Trouée d'Arenberg, his incredibly strong attack also destroyed his teammates and he was isolated for the rest of the race. When the last gorup broke apart, Boonen couldn't keep up with the constant attacks from the rest of the riders. At the time before the Hincapie crash, I actually thought that Hincapie was in the perfect position to win it, but in this race, there is never a perfect position.

Now, another year until the next edition:(

·
Registered
985 Posts
At first I actually thought Hincapie was so stupid to drive without hands on the pavée :undecide: He fell already in the beginning of the race, and certainly in a race like Paris-Roubaix you actually have to change bikes then, just to be sure. Maybe the fact that he didn't made that his stem broke later on?

How's the coverage for these races in the US actually?

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Admiral said:
How's the coverage for these races in the US actually?
Its actually quite good but its on tape delay. They show it at 7:00 PM and the race is long over. Its a two hour show and there is plenty of pre and post race coverage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts